can anyone..

Old Aug 4th 2004, 11:37 pm
BE Forum Addict

andrea874 has a reputation beyond reputeandrea874 has a reputation beyond reputeandrea874 has a reputation beyond reputeandrea874 has a reputation beyond reputeandrea874 has a reputation beyond reputeandrea874 has a reputation beyond reputeandrea874 has a reputation beyond reputeandrea874 has a reputation beyond reputeandrea874 has a reputation beyond reputeandrea874 has a reputation beyond reputeandrea874 has a reputation beyond repute
Default can anyone..

Can anyone think of any reason it would be a BAD thing that I got my interview letter sooooooooo fast? Or am I just being completely paranoid?
Old Aug 4th 2004, 11:42 pm
Welsh Wife

JohnCindy is on a distinguished road
Default Re: can anyone..

Originally posted by andrea874
Can anyone think of any reason it would be a BAD thing that I got my interview letter sooooooooo fast? Or am I just being completely paranoid?

LOL Be happy not paranoid my friend

Cindy & John
Old Aug 5th 2004, 12:25 am
not a newbie

soulsender is an unknown quantity at this point

Yes, Yes I can. Unfortunately, if I told you, I'd have to kill you.
Old Aug 5th 2004, 11:38 am
BE Forum Addict

sphyrapicus is a splendid one to beholdsphyrapicus is a splendid one to beholdsphyrapicus is a splendid one to beholdsphyrapicus is a splendid one to beholdsphyrapicus is a splendid one to beholdsphyrapicus is a splendid one to beholdsphyrapicus is a splendid one to beholdsphyrapicus is a splendid one to beholdsphyrapicus is a splendid one to beholdsphyrapicus is a splendid one to beholdsphyrapicus is a splendid one to behold

It sounds like you need a USCIS break. Get outside and go for a hike or something, find a good book, or have lunch with a friend. This USCIS-induced paranoia is not healthy. Maybe come up with USCIS-free days where you don't do anything related to immigration (including checking this web site). This stuff will really get to you if you focus on it 24/7. You've got several more years to deal with this stuff. Having it effect you at this early stage in the process will not be healthy. Take it from someone who's been there - you have to live your life without focusing on all the "what ifs".

Sphy

Old Aug 5th 2004, 12:11 pm
Forum Regular

buffalo24 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by sphyrapicus
It sounds like you need a USCIS break. Get outside and go for a hike or something, find a good book, or have lunch with a friend. This USCIS-induced paranoia is not healthy. Maybe come up with USCIS-free days where you don't do anything related to immigration (including checking this web site). This stuff will really get to you if you focus on it 24/7. You've got several more years to deal with this stuff. Having it effect you at this early stage in the process will not be healthy. Take it from someone who's been there - you have to live your life without focusing on all the "what ifs".

Sphy
That's really good advice...I'm glad to hear I'm not the only one who gets nuts about this crazy process sometimes. It's funny because my husband, the one who's immigrating, doesn't think about it at all - he just goes with the knowledge that stuff will happen when it happens. Obviously a far healthier attitude than I have, since I get into phases where I overanalyze everything! Even just a day's break does wonders. Andrea, I can understand feeling paranoid, as I would probably do it too, but from an outsider's point of view, it's nothing but a good thing that you have the interview. You are one of many people who I've heard getting a quick interview through NYC/NBC.

Curious, did the interview letter come from the NBC/MSC or from NYC?

Kirsten
Old Aug 5th 2004, 12:19 pm
BE Forum Addict

andrea874 has a reputation beyond reputeandrea874 has a reputation beyond reputeandrea874 has a reputation beyond reputeandrea874 has a reputation beyond reputeandrea874 has a reputation beyond reputeandrea874 has a reputation beyond reputeandrea874 has a reputation beyond reputeandrea874 has a reputation beyond reputeandrea874 has a reputation beyond reputeandrea874 has a reputation beyond reputeandrea874 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by buffalo24
That's really good advice...I'm glad to hear I'm not the only one who gets nuts about this crazy process sometimes. It's funny because my husband, the one who's immigrating, doesn't think about it at all - he just goes with the knowledge that stuff will happen when it happens. Obviously a far healthier attitude than I have, since I get into phases where I overanalyze everything! Even just a day's break does wonders. Andrea, I can understand feeling paranoid, as I would probably do it too, but from an outsider's point of view, it's nothing but a good thing that you have the interview. You are one of many people who I've heard getting a quick interview through NYC/NBC.

Curious, did the interview letter come from the NBC/MSC or from NYC?

Kirsten
It came from MSC/NBC, it looks like... but with a sticker over the return address saying to return it to NYC if it wasnt delivered.

And yeah I probably do need a break However, not yet... need to get a few more things in order. Plus, trying to get my hands on documentation for the interview is keeping me occupied... keeping my mind off the fact that I don't get to see my husband for another few weeks

I hope they process my EAD quickly now too. They havent touched that since they got the fingerprints...
Old Aug 5th 2004, 12:39 pm
Forum Regular

buffalo24 is an unknown quantity at this point

It came from MSC/NBC, it looks like... but with a sticker over the return address saying to return it to NYC if it wasnt delivered.

And yeah I probably do need a break However, not yet... need to get a few more things in order. Plus, trying to get my hands on documentation for the interview is keeping me occupied... keeping my mind off the fact that I don't get to see my husband for another few weeks

I hope they process my EAD quickly now too. They havent touched that since they got the fingerprints...
Oh I understand. We haven't even gotten an interview letter yet and I'm here often - at work! - trying to get prepared.

Yeah, my husband is getting sooo bored not being able to work. Thankfully we can get his interim EAD in a week, woo-hoo!
~Kirsten