Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

Called NVC - Was told we have to wait 90 DAYS before they will investigate I-129F

Called NVC - Was told we have to wait 90 DAYS before they will investigate I-129F

Old Mar 24th 2003, 3:51 am
Forum Regular

Jana is on a distinguished road

Originally posted by goya0002
Jana,

This might be a dumb question. But why did you fax your approval to NVC? Isn't that being done your your service center? And what number did you fax it too? And what information did you provide with it?

And do you think that your faxing it yourself helped in the process? Is the NVC expecting us to fax it to them or will this be a surprise?

Thanks

I faxed my approval to NVC because this seemed to help some people in that they finally showed up in the phone systems. As you can see I faxed it on Friday, what I didn't know is that they forwarded my packet to the consulate on Thursday. So to answer your question, in my case, no it didn't speed up anything. It was just a shot in the dark that it would help out. I inlcuded my name, SSN, DOB, address and my fiances name, DOB, and address.
Old Mar 24th 2003, 3:52 am
Forum Regular

Default Re: (edited) Called NVC - Was told wait 90 DAYS before they will investigate I-129F

Originally posted by Steve2003
when did they 'receive your application'?

and to answer the other Q from someone. It is 2-4 weeks after they receive it to send. They then send via DHL (a company) which takes 10 days to get to the overseas consulate (transit time).

-Steve

PS the delay is them receiving it from the BCIS.

I did not ask them when they "received" my petition. When I called I totally didn't expect that it had been sent on to the consulate. So when they said that I didn't think to ask anymore questions other than "so I am done with NVC then right?"

I apologize for not thinking to ask that question as I know it would have helped some of you.
Old Mar 24th 2003, 3:53 am
BE Enthusiast

goya0002 is an unknown quantity at this point

Thank you for getting back. Its helpful to know that while it didn't help you; it is possible for others to try the same thing.

Thanks again.
Old Mar 24th 2003, 3:53 am
Forum Regular

Originally posted by Scout
Someone please post the number to call the NVC........I was approved the same day as Ange and I want to see what they tell me. TIA

Cheers,

Leslie

Leslie,

The number is 603-334-0700

Jana
Old Mar 24th 2003, 3:59 am
BE Forum Addict

Scout has a reputation beyond reputeScout has a reputation beyond reputeScout has a reputation beyond reputeScout has a reputation beyond reputeScout has a reputation beyond reputeScout has a reputation beyond reputeScout has a reputation beyond reputeScout has a reputation beyond reputeScout has a reputation beyond reputeScout has a reputation beyond reputeScout has a reputation beyond repute

Jana, I found that number and called it........can you explain how I get thru to a live operator? Their automated system says my petition has not been received and I cannot figure out how to talk to a real person.

Cheers,

Leslie
Old Mar 24th 2003, 4:36 am
Forum Regular

Originally posted by Scout
Jana, I found that number and called it........can you explain how I get thru to a live operator? Their automated system says my petition has not been received and I cannot figure out how to talk to a real person.

Cheers,

Leslie
When they ask you for your first three letters. Instead of pushing 3 for "SRC" push 5 for "number not listed"

That will send you to a live operator
Old Mar 24th 2003, 4:40 am
Wisdom Over Wealth

Default Re: Called NVC - Was told we have to wait 90 DAYS before they will investigate I-129F

I just called NVC 9:38 PST
I got a very NICE (wow) Lady named Mia
Our stuff was forwarded to Port au Prince on 3/20/03
She said to give them 7-10 days to deal with it and be in contact with the
Hubby!
Before I called I had tried 7 different numbers at the embassy and thought
this was the day for morons. Does anyone else have to call a (900) to get
ahold of their embassy?

Old Mar 24th 2003, 5:13 am
BE Forum Addict

Scout has a reputation beyond reputeScout has a reputation beyond reputeScout has a reputation beyond reputeScout has a reputation beyond reputeScout has a reputation beyond reputeScout has a reputation beyond reputeScout has a reputation beyond reputeScout has a reputation beyond reputeScout has a reputation beyond reputeScout has a reputation beyond reputeScout has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks Jana! The automated system said ours hadn't been received yet.........I got thru to a live person and she said indeed it had and it was sent to the Embassy last Thursday. Waaaaaaaaawhooooooooooo!

Cheers,

Leslie
Old Mar 24th 2003, 5:21 am
Forum Regular

Default Re: Called NVC - Was told we have to wait 90 DAYS before they will investigate I-129F

Originally posted by Wisdom Over Wealth
I just called NVC 9:38 PST
I got a very NICE (wow) Lady named Mia
Our stuff was forwarded to Port au Prince on 3/20/03
She said to give them 7-10 days to deal with it and be in contact with the
Hubby!
Before I called I had tried 7 different numbers at the embassy and thought
this was the day for morons. Does anyone else have to call a (900) to get
ahold of their embassy?

Montreal consulate has a 1-900 number
Old Mar 24th 2003, 5:29 am
Forum Regular

sandy- pie is an unknown quantity at this point

you know what the wierd thing is...she told me they had recieved it and had not sent it to the embassy yet, but she knew our london provisional case number...how would she know that? i dont get it.
sandy
Old Mar 24th 2003, 5:37 am
Wisdom Over Wealth

(603) 334-0700

Old Mar 24th 2003, 5:38 am
Wisdom Over Wealth

fax number is 603-443-0791 NVC

Old Mar 24th 2003, 5:57 am
Sursum corda

cindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by sandy- pie
you know what the wierd thing is...she told me they had recieved it and had not sent it to the embassy yet, but she knew our london provisional case number...how would she know that? i dont get it.
sandy
I'll bet there isn't much these days they don't know to include your shoe size........
Old Mar 24th 2003, 6:24 am
Banned

Matthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: (edited) Called NVC - Was told wait 90 DAYS before they will investigate I-129F

Originally posted by angeles73
When I mentioned that my approval was up 07/05/2003 and if I had to wait the 90 days before they did anything that would give the NVC, the embassy and my fiance just one month to receive, process and get everything together, she said. " Can't do much about that m ' am" ...
I would not worry about that one Ange. The Consulates have the authority to simply tack on more time onto the approval notice. They routinely do this all the time. Now if you want to be proactive, supply your fiancé with a letter from you, written to the Consulate, saying that you are still free and anxious to marry your fiancé, and asking them to please add additional time onto the validity period of your I-129f approval if it has expired by the time your fiancé has his interview.

Send this letter to your fiancé, so he will have it to give to the Consulate "just in case". I say just in case because while most U.S. Consulates will simply tack on additional time, I've seen one or two that wanted this request to be in writing from the petitioner. So by supplying this letter to your fiancé, you have just eliminated a potential problem (even unlikely potential problems are worth eliminating).

Good luck.

Regards,
Matthew Udall
Attorney
http://members.aol.com/MDUdall/fiancee.htm
Old Mar 24th 2003, 6:27 am
Just Joined

firescott is an unknown quantity at this point

Here is the info I have recieved from more then one source about NVC. My info applies to K-1 visas only. K-3 are processed a little different at NVC.
Once you have been approved the file is sent bulk mail (too slow) to NVC. Since NVC is slammed from taking on more work. They are slow at inputting the info. Can take from 1-3 weeks. All files are sent electronically to the consulates. They can also take thier sweet time in even looking at them. They are recieved instantly but someone has to look at them to be recieved. So if the consulate says they dont have it yet it just means that it has not been viewed yet. I also have been told by a senate aide that no files will be sent untill Aprif 1st. She says they are imputting data but are not sending.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.