Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

call for help from the cairo club

call for help from the cairo club

Old Dec 11th 2004, 4:45 pm
oceandreams26

oceandreams26 is on a distinguished road
Default call for help from the cairo club

hi i posted under a different title but thought i would get more answers this way .. my husband had his interview for his k-3 visa 3 days ago at the us embassy in cairo .he was approved and the consular told him it will take 2-3 weeks to process the visa..i was not able to go to egypt to be with him during this time .. so i can only talk to him about it over the phone or on the net.. and i just wanted to understand what does 2-3 to process really mean? does that mean he will have his visa at this time and can travel.. i just need some advice from the ones who have experienced all this through cairo . i have seen that some people who get approved for the k-3 gets the visa the next day .. so why is it taking 2-3 weeks to get ours.this is what makes me nervous...
Old Dec 11th 2004, 5:28 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: call for help from the cairo club

Originally Posted by oceandreams26
hi i posted under a different title but thought i would get more answers this way .. my husband had his interview for his k-3 visa 3 days ago at the us embassy in cairo .he was approved and the consular told him it will take 2-3 weeks to process the visa..i was not able to go to egypt to be with him during this time .. so i can only talk to him about it over the phone or on the net.. and i just wanted to understand what does 2-3 to process really mean? does that mean he will have his visa at this time and can travel.. i just need some advice from the ones who have experienced all this through cairo . i have seen that some people who get approved for the k-3 gets the visa the next day .. so why is it taking 2-3 weeks to get ours.this is what makes me nervous...
Hi,

See my answers I posted under your other thread.

Rene
Old Dec 11th 2004, 6:56 pm
Forum Regular

sdmansour will become famous soon enoughsdmansour will become famous soon enough

rene is correct..you should plan on a wait of at least 2 months before he is issued the visa. security clearances just take that long through cairo. the 2-3 week processing is for the DHS processing then it is moved onto the Dept. of State for processing and eventual issuance of the actual visa...this is where the slow down occurs. just sit tight and be patient because it will all come together and you and your husband will be reunited but this time for good we have all been there and done that.
Old Dec 12th 2004, 4:23 am
oceandreams26

Talking Re: call for help from the cairo club

Originally Posted by sdmansour
rene is correct..you should plan on a wait of at least 2 months before he is issued the visa. security clearances just take that long through cairo. the 2-3 week processing is for the DHS processing then it is moved onto the Dept. of State for processing and eventual issuance of the actual visa...this is where the slow down occurs. just sit tight and be patient because it will all come together and you and your husband will be reunited but this time for good we have all been there and done that.
thanks for the info .. we have waited 1 year and 4 months i think we can survive 2 more months ....
Old Dec 12th 2004, 4:24 am
oceandreams26

Originally Posted by Noorah101
Hi,

See my answers I posted under your other thread.

Rene
hey i am actually looking on the bright side of this .. i think i have gained 20 pounds since he seen me last from eating so much cause of worrying and not being with him , so 2 months gives me time to loose weight .....LOL
thanks again
Old Dec 12th 2004, 12:54 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by oceandreams26
hey i am actually looking on the bright side of this .. i think i have gained 20 pounds since he seen me last from eating so much cause of worrying and not being with him , so 2 months gives me time to loose weight .....LOL
thanks again
hehehehe....that's a great answer and an even greater attitude. Good for you!

Best Wishes,
Rene