Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

California processing times

California processing times

Old Jan 9th 2013, 4:47 am
Forum Regular

Oregon Bound has a brilliant futureOregon Bound has a brilliant futureOregon Bound has a brilliant futureOregon Bound has a brilliant futureOregon Bound has a brilliant futureOregon Bound has a brilliant future
Default California processing times

Has anyone had an I-129F approved by California recently? Reason I ask is my fiance submitted the petition and it was received exactly 5 months ago now. Despite calling their helpline number, we were unable to extract any information at all. They quote 5 months processing but is it now taking longer?
Old Jan 9th 2013, 6:22 am
Often not so civil...

civilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: California processing times

It can and does, we have an I-130 at Vermont that will be 7 month on the 18th with no approval in sight.
Old Jan 9th 2013, 6:52 am
Forum Regular

Oregon Bound has a brilliant futureOregon Bound has a brilliant futureOregon Bound has a brilliant futureOregon Bound has a brilliant futureOregon Bound has a brilliant futureOregon Bound has a brilliant future

I know that Vermont shows 7 months processing time for I-129F but most through California seem to have been slightly under 5 months in the past. Guess I am stressing more because of my impeding court case for removal of Jurisdiction. The court likes to know where your at with the whole Visa process.
Old Jan 9th 2013, 1:46 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Oregon Bound
I know that Vermont shows 7 months processing time for I-129F but most through California seem to have been slightly under 5 months in the past. Guess I am stressing more because of my impeding court case for removal of Jurisdiction. The court likes to know where your at with the whole Visa process.
That question can still be answered.....you are waiting for I 129F approval. That is where you are in the process.

Rene
Old Jan 9th 2013, 1:50 pm

jeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond repute

"in the past", processing times have varied from a few weeks to close to a year. Actually, it's not the processing time that varies - it's the waiting time until there are resources available to process the case.

Regards, JEff

I know that Vermont shows 7 months processing time for I-129F but most through California seem to have been slightly under 5 months in the past.
Old Jan 9th 2013, 5:37 pm
Forum Regular

COSPhil is just really niceCOSPhil is just really niceCOSPhil is just really niceCOSPhil is just really niceCOSPhil is just really niceCOSPhil is just really niceCOSPhil is just really niceCOSPhil is just really nice

VisaJourney is showing 126 days at the moment for CSC. Not sure how accurate that is, but that would put you a little over. The official time is 5 months.

126 is around 4 months. They are showing processing from September 4th at the moment.

Ultimately though as long as you have the NOA1, all you can do is sit and wait as frustrating who that is.
Old Jan 9th 2013, 6:48 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by COSPhil
VisaJourney is showing 126 days at the moment for CSC. Not sure how accurate that is, but that would put you a little over. The official time is 5 months.

126 is around 4 months. They are showing processing from September 4th at the moment.

Ultimately though as long as you have the NOA1, all you can do is sit and wait as frustrating who that is.
I don't know if this is still the case, but some years ago USICS instructions said you can make an inquiry if you are 30 days past the posted processing time. So, if CSC is posting 5 months, and it gets to be 6 months, then you can make an inquiry and supposedly they'll look into the case.

Rene
Old Jan 9th 2013, 9:02 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks for the replies. Guess we have to just wait it out for now. My fiance says he is going to call USCIS again next week in the hope he gets someone a little more knowledgeable.
Old Jan 9th 2013, 9:05 pm

Thanks for the replies. Guess we have to just wait it out for now. My fiance says he is going to call USCIS again next week in the hope he gets someone a little more knowledgeable.
My understanding is that they can only see the same thing you can see when you look at the processing of your case.

Rene
Old Jan 9th 2013, 9:08 pm
Often not so civil...

civilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond repute

Noorah is spot on. There's no other information they can provide.
Old Jan 22nd 2013, 7:43 pm
Forum Regular

Little update.....

My fiance managed to contact the helpline again today to be told that they are processing applications from 7th July currently, as ours was a month after that, I guess I have to wait a while longer. Looks like processing is going to be closer to 7 months even though website still says 5
Old Jan 22nd 2013, 7:48 pm
Often not so civil...

Looks like Cali are beginning to slow down the same way Vermont are. Our 7 month mark passed on saturday.
Old Jan 23rd 2013, 2:36 am
Forum Regular

Looks that way. Was hoping to move out there in June and get the kids settled in over the summer but that's looking a bit unlikely now