Cabling - 1-824

Old Nov 3rd 2002, 1:50 pm
BE Enthusiast

angeles73 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Cabling - 1-824

I think someone already answered this. Probably Mathew but I can't find the thread. Someone asked me and I don't want to get their hopes up for naught.

By submitting the I-824 exactly how much time is saved? In other words, you send the I-129F with the I-824 which asks for the approval to be cabled to the embassy. What is the time frame for having the embassy advised of the approval via the I-824 and what is the time frame without? I am being told that it takes 30 days after approval of the I-129F for them to act on the I-824. And 30 days for them to send the approval via diplomatic pouch to the consulate. So then what is the difference????

Four of us want to know.
2 in Chile,
1 in Russia,
1 in Argentina.

Does the country make a difference?

Thanks, Ange, Steve, Oscar, Cassia
Old Nov 3rd 2002, 2:53 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Cabling - 1-824

Personally I always felt that you didn't save time but lost weight in the wallet area. Why? Because if you use the Vermont SC, they always cable the approval. Also there are US Consulates that will not do anything without having the actual file from the Service Center. So find out what your US Consulate requires and then make a decision.

Rete

Originally posted by angeles73
I think someone already answered this. Probably Mathew but I can't find the thread. Someone asked me and I don't want to get their hopes up for naught.

By submitting the I-824 exactly how much time is saved? In other words, you send the I-129F with the I-824 which asks for the approval to be cabled to the embassy. What is the time frame for having the embassy advised of the approval via the I-824 and what is the time frame without? I am being told that it takes 30 days after approval of the I-129F for them to act on the I-824. And 30 days for them to send the approval via diplomatic pouch to the consulate. So then what is the difference????

Four of us want to know.
2 in Chile,
1 in Russia,
1 in Argentina.

Does the country make a difference?

Thanks, Ange, Steve, Oscar, Cassia
Old Nov 3rd 2002, 4:19 pm
BE Enthusiast

angeles73 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Cabling - 1-824

Unfortuantely one cannot choose where one sends their petition. I live in Florida, therefore I can ONLY send my peitition to Texas. I do know that Vermont is kind enough to cable all approvals to the respective embassies, however that is not the case with Texas. Therefore, our question remains.

In my case, Buenos Aires just needs a fax saying the approval was granted. That's it. But according to Texas, no $140 means no fax. That is why we are asking if it takes one month to cable and it takes one month via diplomatic pouch, what is the difference? We may have understood wrong, that is why we ask for clarification.

Thanks.

Originally posted by Rete
Personally I always felt that you didn't save time but lost weight in the wallet area. Why? Because if you use the Vermont SC, they always cable the approval. Also there are US Consulates that will not do anything without having the actual file from the Service Center. So find out what your US Consulate requires and then make a decision.

Rete