Reload this Page >

Brown envelope at POE -K3

Wikiposts

Brown envelope at POE -K3

Old Dec 16th 2002, 3:22 am
Forum Regular

jsv888 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Brown envelope at POE -K3

My husband entered last Saturday on a K3 visa. The guy at the POE didn't know what to do or how to process the K3 visa. He looked at everything in the brown envelope, then gave it all back to my husband. He gave him an I-94 with an A# written on the back. My question is:

1. Was he supposed to keep everything in the brown envelope for some sort of processing and
2. Is this A# the Alien number asked for on multiple forms?

thanks.
Old Dec 16th 2002, 3:29 am
Forum Regular

Harry is a jewel in the roughHarry is a jewel in the roughHarry is a jewel in the roughHarry is a jewel in the rough

Hey,

I'm not sure about q 1...I came in on a K-1 and they kept my brown envelope, I don't know, it may well be different for the K-3. q 2 - yes, that's the one.

-Harry
Old Dec 16th 2002, 8:15 am
Forum Regular

jsv888 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Brown Envelope filing? Folinskya?

Originally posted by Harry
Hey,

I'm not sure about q 1...I came in on a K-1 and they kept my brown envelope, I don't know, it may well be different for the K-3. q 2 - yes, that's the one.

-Harry
Thanks Harry. I just called the INS hotline and they said we should take the brown envelope to our local INS office for them to "file". Whatever that means. Any lawyers out there know if this is true? Thanks.