Wikiposts

Brit being deported

Old Aug 7th 2008, 5:56 am
BE Forum Addict

Brit3964 has a reputation beyond reputeBrit3964 has a reputation beyond reputeBrit3964 has a reputation beyond reputeBrit3964 has a reputation beyond reputeBrit3964 has a reputation beyond reputeBrit3964 has a reputation beyond reputeBrit3964 has a reputation beyond reputeBrit3964 has a reputation beyond reputeBrit3964 has a reputation beyond reputeBrit3964 has a reputation beyond reputeBrit3964 has a reputation beyond repute
Question Re: Brit being deported

Originally Posted by Folinskyinla
Hi:

This is true for a waiver of "inadmissiblity" which is a different creature -- and this is get permanent residence in the first place
. There is a beastie called "seven year cancellation" which may or may not apply.
Wasn't that applicable to Citizenship applications too? I seem to remember a test case in CA in 2006 where it was used when the USCIS decided to deny somebody because of a conviction that was more than 15yrs earlier in the home country.
Old Aug 7th 2008, 6:17 am
BE Enthusiast

pejpm1 has a reputation beyond reputepejpm1 has a reputation beyond reputepejpm1 has a reputation beyond reputepejpm1 has a reputation beyond reputepejpm1 has a reputation beyond reputepejpm1 has a reputation beyond reputepejpm1 has a reputation beyond reputepejpm1 has a reputation beyond reputepejpm1 has a reputation beyond reputepejpm1 has a reputation beyond reputepejpm1 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Brit being deported

Originally Posted by crg14624
Who knows if the death penalty works or not. The death penalty may be too time consuming, expensive and error-prone, but that's for each state to decide. I don't feel that strongly either way. I think if someone is in jail for life already they may need a reason not to kill a guard though.

She offended at 19, was put into removal proceedings at 25. Of course she will stay out of trouble from 25 to 31 because she's in proceedings. For some reason they decided to hit her with a *felony* and didn't plead it out to a misdemeanor. There is something more to this story that they're not telling us.

I've seen articles like this before where they're pulling heart strings about some poor guy who's being deported and his USC wife is sick with cancer. The article failed to mention that the guy has convictions for narcotics trafficking.
I think that one of the highest homicide rates in the western world says it doesnt.
Old Aug 7th 2008, 6:22 am
crg
American Expat

crg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by pejpm1
I think that one of the highest homicide rates in the western world says it doesnt.

There will be varying opinions on the matter. Homicide rates could be even higher without the death penalty, but we'll never know. Mexico has three times the homicide rate when compared to the US and has no death penalty. Statistics tell us very little.

We could discuss the death penalty until we're blue in the face. We should probably stick to the immigration stuff since it's an immigration forum.

As for this case, as Mr. F. and I seem to agree, there may be more to this case that wasn't included in the story.

Last edited by crg; Aug 7th 2008 at 6:30 am.
Old Aug 7th 2008, 6:32 am
BE Enthusiast

pejpm1 has a reputation beyond reputepejpm1 has a reputation beyond reputepejpm1 has a reputation beyond reputepejpm1 has a reputation beyond reputepejpm1 has a reputation beyond reputepejpm1 has a reputation beyond reputepejpm1 has a reputation beyond reputepejpm1 has a reputation beyond reputepejpm1 has a reputation beyond reputepejpm1 has a reputation beyond reputepejpm1 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by crg14624
There will be varying opinions on the matter. Homicide rates could be even higher without the death penalty, but we'll never know. Mexico has three times the homicide rate when compared to the US and has no death penalty.

We could discuss the death penalty until we're blue in the face. We should probably stick to the immigration stuff since it's an immigration forum.

As for this case, as Mr. F. and I seem to agree, there may be more to this case that wasn't included in the story.
Well as long as you're just dealing with facts......
Old Aug 8th 2008, 5:23 am
BE Forum Addict

Marmalade has a reputation beyond reputeMarmalade has a reputation beyond reputeMarmalade has a reputation beyond reputeMarmalade has a reputation beyond reputeMarmalade has a reputation beyond reputeMarmalade has a reputation beyond reputeMarmalade has a reputation beyond reputeMarmalade has a reputation beyond reputeMarmalade has a reputation beyond reputeMarmalade has a reputation beyond reputeMarmalade has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by AdobePinon
And most PRs don't know this. Wouldn't even think of it. And as we see on this board, many PRs think that the little multi-presidented card grants them a safe haven from immigration.

So, to the PRs out there: If you want to stick around, get your citizenship. The rules and policies change frequently, rarely in your favor.
Glad I've applied for mine now............not that I was going to break the law or anything