Birth Certificate

Old Mar 29th 2012, 4:30 pm
Forum Regular

Purple Viper is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Birth Certificate

Wasn't sure if a double-sided copy was allowed... Don't want it to be missed by whoever gets our package. Most of our copies are only one sided.
Old Mar 29th 2012, 4:31 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jeffreyhy
Is there anything on the back of the birth certificate? If there is, yes you need a photocopy of it. And it should be on the back of the translation also.

If not, i.e. if the back of the original is blank, note that the back of a photocopy of the front looks just like the back of the original - it's also blank. Some people actually ask if they should photocopy the blank back side of the original and attach the blank piece of paper to the photocopy of the front! Can you believe it?

Regards, JEff
On the other hand, sometimes photocopying the back of an official document, prints a watermark or something to show that what you photocopied was indeed an original. Not a bad idea to photocopy it and find out.

Rene
Old Mar 29th 2012, 4:55 pm
Forum Regular

When photocopying all of her passport pages, should she also do the whole double-sided thing? They don't exactly tell you how to do it (as far as I know).
Old Mar 29th 2012, 6:00 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Purple Viper
When photocopying all of her passport pages, should she also do the whole double-sided thing? They don't exactly tell you how to do it (as far as I know).
If she is required to photocopy all the pages in her passport, she should do so. It doesn't matter if it's copied single sided or double sided.

Rene
Old Mar 30th 2012, 2:22 am

jeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond repute

She can do it however she wants. Same with the birth certificates. If she is going to use double-sided printing and copying, keep in mind that the file will be bound at the top, not the side.
When photocopying all of her passport pages, should she also do the whole double-sided thing?
That's right. And there's a reason why.

They don't exactly tell you how to do it (as far as I know).
A bit of history - in days of yore, which were actually not all that long ago, when USCIS and DoS printed paper forms rather than publishing fillable electronic forms online, multi-page forms were all double sided. I won't make a WAG as to why they did it that way, but I do observe that as a practical matter it meant that less paper was consumed and the files would be thinner than if everything was single-sided.

Regards, JEff
Old Mar 30th 2012, 5:17 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks Rene and Jeff. I have another question regarding the translation of her birth certificate. If her mom were to do it for her (her French is much better) could she simply scan the signed and dated translation and send it to us by email? It'd save us on time since it takes a while to mail letters and her mom is on vacation right now. Thank you.
Old Mar 30th 2012, 5:37 pm

Thanks Rene and Jeff. I have another question regarding the translation of her birth certificate. If her mom were to do it for her (her French is much better) could she simply scan the signed and dated translation and send it to us by email? It'd save us on time since it takes a while to mail letters and her mom is on vacation right now. Thank you.
Mom's French might be better, but is her English also at that level? Is the 100% fluent in both languages?

That said, I forgot now what the birth certificate is for. If it's to accompany an I-129F or I-130, then a scanned copy is probably OK for now. The original will be required later. If this is for the NVC stage of an Immigrant Visa process where NVC is asking for original civil documents, they will want the original birth certificate and original translation.

Rene
Old Apr 4th 2012, 4:07 pm
Forum Regular

Hi. I have another question regarding my wife's Birth Certificate (translation). My wife's mom is unsure if it's legal to reproduce logos (i.e. flags) Is this true? Or can she copy and paste a flag from Google onto a Word Document? If it's not allowed, would it be okay to just type "logo" where it should be on the Birth Certificate? What is best to do? Thank you.
Old Apr 4th 2012, 5:35 pm

Hi. I have another question regarding my wife's Birth Certificate (translation). My wife's mom is unsure if it's legal to reproduce logos (i.e. flags) Is this true? Or can she copy and paste a flag from Google onto a Word Document? If it's not allowed, would it be okay to just type "logo" where it should be on the Birth Certificate? What is best to do? Thank you.
I suggest getting it done professionally instead...they will know how to handle it.

Rene
Old Apr 4th 2012, 5:36 pm

I suggest getting it done professionally instead...they will know how to handle it.

Rene
Old Apr 5th 2012, 12:04 am
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

My wife's mom is unsure if it's legal to reproduce logos (i.e. flags) Is this true? Or can she copy and paste a flag from Google onto a Word Document?
It is perfectly legal to do so, as long as the information is for an official purpose... such as in this case. Her mom's concern is unnecessary. It is a non-issue.

Ian
Old Apr 5th 2012, 1:43 am

jeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond repute

See my post #10 in this very thread.

If the "logo" is a flag, I'd suggest using the word 'FLAG'. And I'd be inclined to specify what flag.

Regards, JEff

Old Apr 5th 2012, 5:33 am
Forum Regular

Thanks guys.

And yeah, I remember Jeff ... But my wife thinks using the actual logo would look better :P As long as it's fine to reproduce the flag I'll go with what the Mrs want. hehe.