Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

Biometrics-USCIS Indianapolis

Wikiposts

Biometrics-USCIS Indianapolis

Old Sep 5th 2008, 2:50 am
Forum Regular

DownTheLine is just really niceDownTheLine is just really niceDownTheLine is just really niceDownTheLine is just really niceDownTheLine is just really niceDownTheLine is just really niceDownTheLine is just really niceDownTheLine is just really niceDownTheLine is just really nice
Default Biometrics-USCIS Indianapolis

Hey,
I have my Biometrics appointment on 9/16 which turns out to be a tuesday and tuesday's I have two classes which I can not miss. Can I go earlier say 9/10 or 9/12 and get them done? Also the office is located a good 2 hours from where I live which is quite a drive.

Also, I was not able to find the phone number for USCIS Indianapolis or their office hours. Anybody knows?

Thanks.

Last edited by DownTheLine; Sep 5th 2008 at 3:31 am.
Old Sep 5th 2008, 3:48 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Biometrics-USCIS Indianapolis

Originally Posted by DownTheLine
Hey,
I have my Biometrics appointment on 9/16 which turns out to be a tuesday and tuesday's I have two classes which I can not miss. Can I go earlier say 9/10 or 9/12 and get them done?
Others on here have reported going at an earlier date for their biometrics, once they have the appointment letter in hand, and it worked for them.

Also, I was not able to find the phone number for USCIS Indianapolis or their office hours. Anybody knows?
I don't believe the public can call a district office directly.

Rene

p.s. - hi there. LOL
Old Sep 5th 2008, 3:51 am
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

I have my Biometrics appointment on 9/16 which turns out to be a tuesday and tuesday's I have two classes which I can not miss.
I guess you need to decide which is more important... class or your status in the US.

Can I go earlier say 9/10 or 9/12 and get them done?
Some people have reported that they've been able to do this (or go the next week) at other centers... not sure about Indianapolis though. It may be that Indy *only* does biometrics on Tuesdays. What'll you do then?

Also the office is located a good 2 hours from where I live which is quite a drive.
My office is 3.5 hours one way... it seemed a fair trade - status v hours!

You probably won't be able to find a phone number.

Ian
Old Sep 7th 2008, 2:05 am
Forum Regular

DownTheLine is just really niceDownTheLine is just really niceDownTheLine is just really niceDownTheLine is just really niceDownTheLine is just really niceDownTheLine is just really niceDownTheLine is just really niceDownTheLine is just really niceDownTheLine is just really nice

Do any of you have recent experience going to USCIS Indianapolis?
Old Sep 7th 2008, 2:41 am
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Quite a few posters over the years have found that they were unable to attend their biometrics appointments on the scheduled date. They were successful in having the biometrics due either before or after the scheduled date.

My suggestion would be to go to the ASC office before the scheduled appointment. If you wait too long after the missed date, there is always the chance that USCIS will have you marked as a no-show and that would throw a wobbly to the wheel.
Old Sep 7th 2008, 3:47 am
BE Forum Addict

Dan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond repute

Hey,
I have my Biometrics appointment on 9/16 which turns out to be a tuesday and tuesday's I have two classes which I can not miss. Can I go earlier say 9/10 or 9/12 and get them done? Also the office is located a good 2 hours from where I live which is quite a drive.
I did exactly this. But my office was only 20 mins drive. Absolutely no problem whatsoever - the folk in there were very very helpful (it does happen!) and changed the appointment to right there and then.

As has been mentioned, there is the possibility that you may a get a tool on the door who who will not allow it. Personally, I think you'll be fine - just explain yourself very clearly and be very friendly and you should be OK - but just prepare yourself for the possibility you may be unlucky. What I'd have done if that had been the case would've been to return the letter asking for a new appointment (which would no doubt have caused delay) - but IMO it is so worth your time to go there in person.

Last edited by Dan725; Sep 7th 2008 at 3:50 am.
Old Sep 7th 2008, 3:49 am
BE Forum Addict

Dan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ian-mstm
I guess you need to decide which is more important... class or your status in the US.
Bit harsh. Sometimes its just not that clear cut; and in any case, if class is indeed more important, the status in the US will be unaffected provided the correct action is taken on the part of the individual - it is just the proceedings that will potentially be delayed.

Last edited by Dan725; Sep 7th 2008 at 3:52 am.