Biometrics questions

Old May 13th 2004, 10:11 pm
Forum Regular

Hansey is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Biometrics questions

Hi all.

We just got all the NOAs regarding all the AOS applications. The NOA for the EAD came back saying we could schedule our Biometrics. However, the NOA for the the AOS said that we had to send in $50 for the fingerprinting fee, because we did not include it in the original application (I sent in a million forms and checks and followed the checklist on the forms precisely, but I swear it didn't say anywhere that we had to include an extra $50 for fingerprints...).

Anyway, my questions are:

1) Should we wait to schedule the Biometrics until we've sent in the $50 (and USCIS has processed it) or should we schedule it now? If we try to go now for the EAD, will they tell us we have to come back, because we haven't paid the fee for AOS yet? I would prefer to only have to go once.

2) We live in Massachusetts, but south of Boston, and to be honest, I'd much rather drive to the Rhode Island ASC than deal with the nightmare of driving to Boston. I think I saw that we can get the Biometrics done at any ASC, it doesn't have to be in the state where your case will be handled.. is that right?

Thanks for any help.
Old May 13th 2004, 10:38 pm
USCIS Victim

YtsejaM is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Biometrics questions

The same thing happened to us-- we mailed the $50 fee after getting the notice and had seperate biometric appointments for EAD and AOS. See my timeline below for the details.

As for your first question-- if you go in for your EAD biometrics appointment, they will not turn you away and ask you to come back after you've received your AOS appointment notice. You can get your EAD and AOS biometrics done seperately. Should you schedule your EAD biometrics now? Sure, why not. Will it speed up your EAD application? Who knows, but if it were me I'd do the EAD biometrics sooner then later. I also see no reason why you can't wait until you get your AOS biometrics notice and then just get your EAD and AOS biometrics done in one appointment, if you wish.

As for your second question, I don't have a definate answer. When you call to schedule your biometrics appointment, why don't you ask the agent that question and see if you can get it done in RI.
Old May 14th 2004, 12:18 am
BE Enthusiast

whistlestop01 has a spectacular aura aboutwhistlestop01 has a spectacular aura aboutwhistlestop01 has a spectacular aura about

Originally posted by Hansey
Hi all.

We just got all the NOAs regarding all the AOS applications. The NOA for the EAD came back saying we could schedule our Biometrics. However, the NOA for the the AOS said that we had to send in $50 for the fingerprinting fee, because we did not include it in the original application (I sent in a million forms and checks and followed the checklist on the forms precisely, but I swear it didn't say anywhere that we had to include an extra $50 for fingerprints...).

1) Should we wait to schedule the Biometrics until we've sent in the $50 (and USCIS has processed it) or should we schedule it now? If we try to go now for the EAD, will they tell us we have to come back, because we haven't paid the fee for AOS yet? I would prefer to only have to go once.

2) We live in Massachusetts, but south of Boston, and to be honest, I'd much rather drive to the Rhode Island ASC than deal with the nightmare of driving to Boston. I think I saw that we can get the Biometrics done at any ASC, it doesn't have to be in the state where your case will be handled.. is that right?

Thanks for any help.
I am sending in all my AOS papers this week. Where in S Boston are you? I am in Quincy.

Gisela xx
Old May 14th 2004, 1:10 am
Forum Regular

Originally posted by whistlestop01
I am sending in all my AOS papers this week. Where in S Boston are you? I am in Quincy.

Gisela xx
A little bit farther south... Foxboro.
Old May 14th 2004, 1:14 am
SUPER CRUNCHY BALCONY COW

Hypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond repute

Hi all.

Thanks for any help.
The fees have changed.. it is now 70$ for the fingerprints, isn't it??
I am frigging out over how slow MSC is with the EAD'S
Old May 14th 2004, 1:28 am
BE Enthusiast

whistlestop01 has a spectacular aura aboutwhistlestop01 has a spectacular aura aboutwhistlestop01 has a spectacular aura about

A little bit farther south... Foxboro.
Cool!!!! Very close to the Football stadium

I can understand why you don't want to go into Boston and go to Rhode Island.
Old May 14th 2004, 1:29 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally posted by Hypertweeky
The fees have changed.. it is now 70$ for the fingerprints, isn't it??
I am frigging out over how slow MSC is with the EAD'S
I hope its $70 lol cos i have just got another money order for $20 to cover the extra cost. Tho i hate spending more money.
Old May 14th 2004, 1:33 am

Hypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by whistlestop01
I hope its $70 lol cos i have just got another money order for $20 to cover the extra cost. Tho i hate spending more money.
Oh my!!
HANSEY!! It is 70 $$!!!! I hope he reads this thread tomorrow!!, I can't pm him because he is a usenet poster!
Old May 14th 2004, 2:16 am
Forum Regular

Originally posted by Hypertweeky
Oh my!!
HANSEY!! It is 70 $$!!!! I hope he reads this thread tomorrow!!, I can't pm him because he is a usenet poster!
lol

I am *not* a usenet poster.

I am also *not* a him.

The letter I got specifically said $50.. I assume I only have to send $50 because we filed all our paperwork before the 30th of April, when the new fees went into effect... I guess they're giving us the benefit of that fact. At least I hope so. Anyway, the notice said to include a copy of the letter with the check, which I will,, especially since the letter says $50.

Whistlestop, I am *very* close to the stadium.. it's about 2 miles away from where we live, and in the summer, we can hear the concerts from the lawn.. fortunately we're not *so* close that you can hear them from inside.

I also know when the Patriots score touchdowns without having the game on, because we hear the fireworks every time they score, hehe....
Old May 14th 2004, 2:24 am
Forum Regular

buffalo24 is an unknown quantity at this point

.. I assume I only have to send $50 because we filed all our paperwork before the 30th of April, when the new fees went into effect... I guess they're giving us the benefit of that fact.
Wow, that's nice! Did the NOAs come from the NBC? May I ask when you filed?

-Kirsten, anxiously awaiting USCIS to cash our checks and send out the NOAs, can you tell??
Old May 14th 2004, 2:36 am
Forum Regular

Originally posted by buffalo24
Wow, that's nice! Did the NOAs come from the NBC? May I ask when you filed?

-Kirsten, anxiously awaiting USCIS to cash our checks and send out the NOAs, can you tell??
Yep, we filed on April 26th (I just now updated my timeline), mainly because we'd heard the fees were going up effective the 30th and wanted to make sure we got them in in time... as it was it cost $485 to file the three forms (not including the fingerprint fee we forgot), and I think they've now gone up to something ridiculous like $700 and something...

I sent everything priority mail to Boston, who forwarded it the NBC, and we just got the NOAs from the NBC today. I don't know when the NBC actually received our file, but I think the day Boston received it must count as the receipt date, since that's the received date on our NOAs.
Old May 14th 2004, 2:50 am
Forum Regular

buffalo24 is an unknown quantity at this point

Congrats on getting the NOAs! It's funny, I never thought getting an NOA1 would be so exciting, lol.

We filed the same day as you, but we brought our stuff in to the Buffalo office, so hopefully we'll hear something soon...that's great about the receipt date; I hope Buffalo does the same!

Wishing you guys speedy processing!

Yep, we filed on April 26th (I just now updated my timeline), mainly because we'd heard the fees were going up effective the 30th and wanted to make sure we got them in in time... as it was it cost $485 to file the three forms (not including the fingerprint fee we forgot), and I think they've now gone up to something ridiculous like $700 and something...

I sent everything priority mail to Boston, who forwarded it the NBC, and we just got the NOAs from the NBC today. I don't know when the NBC actually received our file, but I think the day Boston received it must count as the receipt date, since that's the received date on our NOAs.
Old May 14th 2004, 6:08 am

lol

I am *not* a usenet poster.

I am also *not* a him.

The letter I got specifically said $50.. I assume I only have to send $50 because we filed all our paperwork before the 30th of April, when the new fees went into effect... I guess they're giving us the benefit of that fact. At least I hope so. Anyway, the notice said to include a copy of the letter with the check, which I will,, especially since the letter says $50.

Whistlestop, I am *very* close to the stadium.. it's about 2 miles away from where we live, and in the summer, we can hear the concerts from the lawn.. fortunately we're not *so* close that you can hear them from inside.

I also know when the Patriots score touchdowns without having the game on, because we hear the fireworks every time they score, hehe....
Where did I get you were a usenet poster?
Sorry for the confusion, another girl in the forum yay!!
Take care!
Old May 18th 2004, 2:39 pm
Eric S.

My wife had her biometrics in Boston a couple of weeks ago. One nice thing
about it was she didn't need to make an appointment. They told her to just
come in anytime.

The Boston ASC is right near North Station. So maybe you can take the
commuter rail or subway to get there instead of driving?

- Eric S.

"Hansey" <member13476@british_expats.com> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
    > Hi all.
    > We just got all the NOAs regarding all the AOS
    > applications. The NOA for the EAD came back saying we could schedule
    > our Biometrics. However, the NOA for the the AOS said that we had to
    > send in $50 for the fingerprinting fee, because we did not include it
    > in the original application (I sent in a million forms and checks and
    > followed the checklist on the forms precisely, but I swear it didn't
    > say anywhere that we had to include an extra $50 for fingerprints...).
    > Anyway, my questions are:
    > 1) Should we wait to schedule the
    > Biometrics until we've sent in the $50 (and USCIS has processed it) or
    > should we schedule it now? If we try to go now for the EAD, will they
    > tell us we have to come back, because we haven't paid the fee for AOS
    > yet? I would prefer to only have to go once.
    > 2) We live in
    > Massachusetts, but south of Boston, and to be honest, I'd much rather
    > drive to the Rhode Island ASC than deal with the nightmare of driving
    > to Boston. I think I saw that we can get the Biometrics done at any
    > ASC, it doesn't have to be in the state where your case will be
    > handled.. is that right?
    > Thanks for any help.
    > --
    > Posted via http://britishexpats.com