Biometrics for I-751?

Old Nov 14th 2006, 12:49 pm
Forum Regular

monica&ed is just really nicemonica&ed is just really nicemonica&ed is just really nicemonica&ed is just really nicemonica&ed is just really nicemonica&ed is just really nicemonica&ed is just really nicemonica&ed is just really nice
Lightbulb Biometrics for I-751?

I will file my I-751 with Texas Service Center next month. I've already done the biometrics once, when I had my AOS appointment, in March 2005. Do I have to do them again after I file I-751?
Old Nov 14th 2006, 1:47 pm
Forum Regular

Feanor is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Biometrics for I-751?

Yes. They will use the information they get from the new Biometrics appoinment to make your 10-year Permanent Resident card after your I-751 is approved.
Old Nov 14th 2006, 2:07 pm
Forum Regular

monica&ed is just really nicemonica&ed is just really nicemonica&ed is just really nicemonica&ed is just really nicemonica&ed is just really nicemonica&ed is just really nicemonica&ed is just really nicemonica&ed is just really nice

I asked the question above because I will be joining the Navy a few days after I file the I-751 and I will be in boot camp for 9 weeks and after that another 2 months at A school, so I won't be able to do the biometrics for atleast 4 months. Do they give you an appointment date to do them or you have to schedule one?
Old Nov 14th 2006, 2:15 pm
DallasCPL

Hello,

I got my approval last week from TSC and I didnt do any biometrics
before getting the approval. But I am not sure what is the current
process as it looks like people who have applied recently in some
service centers are having to do them.I applied at the end of April
though.
monica&ed wrote:
    > I will file my I-751 with Texas Service Center next month. I've already
    > done the biometrics once, when I had my AOS appointment, in March 2005.
    > Do I have to do them again after I file I-751?
    >
    > --
    > Posted via http://britishexpats.com

Old Nov 14th 2006, 2:28 pm
Forum Regular

Feanor is an unknown quantity at this point

They just sent me an Appointment Notice with a date on it, and the date was less than a week after I received the notice so there wasn't much time to spare.

It says on my I-797 that if you're overseas due to military orders you won't get an Appoinment Notice, but you will still be in America, right?
Old Nov 14th 2006, 2:36 pm
Forum Regular

Yes, I will still be in America... but I won't be able to leave the boot camp for the biometrics... or A school.... Should I add to the package a cover letter explaining my situation, when I file my I-751? Any other advice?
Old Nov 14th 2006, 10:37 pm

Poppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by monica&ed
Yes, I will still be in America... but I won't be able to leave the boot camp for the biometrics... or A school.... Should I add to the package a cover letter explaining my situation, when I file my I-751? Any other advice?
It will state if you cannot make the appointment that you can reschedule and I think it said that you could get a saturday appoinment, never the less I would add a cover letter can't do any harm and if they do give you a date that conflicts with your schdule you can always write another letter and change the appointment time also.
Old Nov 14th 2006, 10:49 pm
The Missus

SecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond repute

I I will be joining the Navy a few days after I file the I-751
The naval base where you will be serving should have an office to help with immigration issues I believe. Any way that you can contact your recruiter now to see if something can be done?

It very clearly states on the appointment letter that if you fail to appear (or request a reschedule) your application is considered abandoned. Not sure if there is a provision for this on the I-751 but I'd sure try to get an answer to this before I send it off. I'm just that way.

~SecretGarden
Old Nov 14th 2006, 11:12 pm

Poppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by SecretGarden
The naval base where you will be serving should have an office to help with immigration issues I believe. Any way that you can contact your recruiter now to see if something can be done?

It very clearly states on the appointment letter that if you fail to appear (or request a reschedule) your application is considered abandoned. Not sure if there is a provision for this on the I-751 but I'd sure try to get an answer to this before I send it off. I'm just that way.

~SecretGarden
Hey Girl
I have to quote you on this sorry my appointment letter reads as.........
PLEASE APPEAR AT THE BELOW APPLICATION SUPPORT CENTER AT THE DATE AND TIME SPECIFIED.
IF YOU FAIL TO APPEAR AS SCHEDULED, YOUR APPLICATION WILL BE CONSIDERED ABANDONED.

Then further down the page it says REQUEST FOR RESHEDULING
Please reshedule my appointment for the next available WEDNESDAY AFTERNOON or SATURDAY AFTERNOON.
Then the bit about they cannot guarantee the day preferred but will do so to the extent possible.
Upon receipt of your request you will be provided with a new notice. make a copy and mail the original with yuor request.

Did your letter not say this SG
Old Nov 14th 2006, 11:37 pm
The Missus

SecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Poppy girl
Hey Girl
I have to quote you on this sorry my appointment letter reads as.........
PLEASE APPEAR AT THE BELOW APPLICATION SUPPORT CENTER AT THE DATE AND TIME SPECIFIED.
IF YOU FAIL TO APPEAR AS SCHEDULED, YOUR APPLICATION WILL BE CONSIDERED ABANDONED.

Then further down the page it says REQUEST FOR RESHEDULING
Please reshedule my appointment for the next available WEDNESDAY AFTERNOON or SATURDAY AFTERNOON.
Then the bit about they cannot guarantee the day preferred but will do so to the extent possible.
Upon receipt of your request you will be provided with a new notice. make a copy and mail the original with yuor request.

Did your letter not say this SG
Yep, it did. I assumed that if he did not go AND he did not request a reschedule he'd be considered abandoned. I believe that the OP was saying he wouldn't be available AT ALL during the period of time he's at boot camp, so I assumed that the "next available" probably wouldn't work for him either.

If I were him, as I said, I'd either call the recruiter or try to speak to someone on the base who can answer this question for him.

We don't know what service center he's going through, so I suppose it's possible that they're not moving as fast as NSC appears to be. Again, I'd try to get an answer from someone before I mailed off the I-751, but that's just me.

~SG
Old Nov 14th 2006, 11:44 pm

Originally Posted by SecretGarden
Yep, it did. I assumed that if he did not go AND he did not request a reschedule he'd be considered abandoned. I believe that the OP was saying he wouldn't be available AT ALL during the period of time he's at boot camp, so I assumed that the "next available" probably wouldn't work for him either.

If I were him, as I said, I'd either call the recruiter or try to speak to someone on the base who can answer this question for him.

We don't know what service center he's going through, so I suppose it's possible that they're not moving as fast as NSC appears to be. Again, I'd try to get an answer from someone before I mailed off the I-751, but that's just me.

~SG
HEHEHE I was thinking that he could, if he had to re-schedule a day and time that fitted his schedule, well what ever I think he will be fine this is the easy part hey? lol
Old Nov 14th 2006, 11:46 pm
The Missus

Originally Posted by Poppy girl
HEHEHE I was thinking that he could, if he had to re-schedule a day and time that fitted his schedule, well what ever I think he will be fine this is the easy part hey? lol
He said this:

"I will be in boot camp for 9 weeks and after that another 2 months at A school, so I won't be able to do the biometrics for atleast 4 months"

Come to think of it, I'm going to have another look at that I-751 form....

~SG
Old Nov 14th 2006, 11:54 pm
The Missus

Nope, the form has a notation that applies to CPRs who are, or CPR spouses who are, employed by the US government or who are members of the military assigned outside of the United States, but nothing for someone who will still be in the US at the time of filing.

Sorry monica&ed......can you come back and let us know if you've decided what to do?

~SG
Old Nov 15th 2006, 12:24 am
BE Enthusiast

hcj1440 has a reputation beyond reputehcj1440 has a reputation beyond reputehcj1440 has a reputation beyond reputehcj1440 has a reputation beyond reputehcj1440 has a reputation beyond reputehcj1440 has a reputation beyond reputehcj1440 has a reputation beyond reputehcj1440 has a reputation beyond reputehcj1440 has a reputation beyond reputehcj1440 has a reputation beyond reputehcj1440 has a reputation beyond repute

I will file my I-751 with Texas Service Center next month. I've already done the biometrics once, when I had my AOS appointment, in March 2005. Do I have to do them again after I file I-751?
This is how our I-751 went, we filed in March 2006 with CSC:

- late March -- sent in I-751
- early April -- got extension letter
- early June -- got approval letter with notification to make an infopass appt to "complete processing" and bring three passport pics (of which they only used two as everyone always reports). Our choice as to when to make the appt for.

At infopass appt got passport stamped with temporary proof of status, one fingerprint was taken (if I recall correctly) and passport pics collected. 10 yr GC received in the mail in August or thereabouts?
Old Nov 15th 2006, 12:29 am
The Missus

Originally Posted by hcj1440
This is how our I-751 went, we filed in March 2006 with CSC:

- late March -- sent in I-751
- early April -- got extension letter
- early June -- got approval letter with notification to make an infopass appt to "complete processing" and bring three passport pics (of which they only used two as everyone always reports). Our choice as to when to make the appt for.

At infopass appt got passport stamped with temporary proof of status, one fingerprint was taken (if I recall correctly) and passport pics collected. 10 yr GC received in the mail in August or thereabouts?
Very bizarre that the procedure from service center to service center seems so different, unless it's a recent change for all of them to do the biometrics before the approval. Guess nothing surprises me anymore.

We're going through NSC and of course sent the pics with the petition, but today at Mr. P's appointment, they took his picture along with the print of the right index finger. (see his thread on this forum page if you want an account of the process). I wonder which one will be used?

Anyway, I hope the OP comes back and lets us know what they've decided to do.
~SG

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.