Biometrics appointment

Old Feb 27th 2009, 5:22 pm
Just Joined

si l is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Biometrics appointment

Are you allowed to reschedule these if an appointment is on a date you really can't make?

I just got my year extension letter in the mail after filing my I-175.
The ONLY thing I have coming up that I can't change is a trip to LA 2 weeks yesterday and I have a horrible sinking feeling that I'm going to get a letter any day now and they will have one of the three days I'm not in Chicago as my appointment.
Old Feb 27th 2009, 5:30 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Biometrics appointment

Originally Posted by si l
Are you allowed to reschedule these if an appointment is on a date you really can't make?

I just got my year extension letter in the mail after filing my I-175.
The ONLY thing I have coming up that I can't change is a trip to LA 2 weeks yesterday and I have a horrible sinking feeling that I'm going to get a letter any day now and they will have one of the three days I'm not in Chicago as my appointment.
Yes, once you receive the biometrics appointment letter, if you can't make the date they set for you, you have two choices:

1. Check the box on the notice, saying "please reschedule", and mail it back to the address provided. You can't choose your next appointment date. USCIS will mail you another appointment letter with a new date.

2. You can show up earlier than your appointment date.

Rene
Old Feb 27th 2009, 5:33 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

You can reschedule - yes, if you want to!

For biometrics, I wouldn't even bother trying to reschedule. As long as you have the appointment letter, you can go earlier or later... your choice. It will make *no* difference to them.

Ian
Old Feb 27th 2009, 5:36 pm
Homebody

Elvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ian-mstm
You can reschedule - yes, if you want to!

For biometrics, I wouldn't even bother trying to reschedule. As long as you have the appointment letter, you can go earlier or later... your choice. It will make *no* difference to them.

Ian
I agree with you re *earlier*. Not sure about *later* though........... how much later would be okay, without risking rejection of whatever benefit one is seeking?

Any ideas - informed or otherwise?
Old Feb 27th 2009, 5:42 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Elvira
I agree with you re *earlier*. Not sure about *later* though........... how much later would be okay, without risking rejection of whatever benefit one is seeking?
Fair enough... I'm thinking a couple of weeks vs months!

Ian
Old Feb 27th 2009, 6:57 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Elvira

Any ideas - informed or otherwise?
I know for sure you can go earlier. I wouldn't risk going later.
Old Feb 27th 2009, 9:11 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Noorah101
I know for sure you can go earlier. I wouldn't risk going later.

I got my letter today...typical! I KNEW this would happen. Date is set for when I'm not here.

So, if I want to go earlier do I just turn up or do I have to notify them?
Old Feb 27th 2009, 9:25 pm

I got my letter today...typical! I KNEW this would happen. Date is set for when I'm not here.

So, if I want to go earlier do I just turn up or do I have to notify them?
Check over at www.uscis.gov to see if your ASC has specific walk-in days. Otherwise, you can probably go in any time, since you have the appointment letter.

Rene
Old Feb 27th 2009, 9:33 pm
Just Joined

Check over at www.uscis.gov to see if your ASC has specific walk-in days. Otherwise, you can probably go in any time, since you have the appointment letter.

Rene
My office does not do walk ins.
Would it be acceptable to put a note in with my letter say AFTER the13th?
Old Feb 27th 2009, 9:35 pm

My office does not do walk ins.
Would it be acceptable to put a note in with my letter say AFTER the13th?
Even if your office doesn't specifically do walk-ins, I would STILL give that a try, because you aren't just someone walking in with no appointment...you have an official letter to show them.

If you want to do the change, you can certainly include a note with it, but there's no guarantee USCIS will comply.

Rene
Old Feb 27th 2009, 9:58 pm
Just Joined

Even if your office doesn't specifically do walk-ins, I would STILL give that a try, because you aren't just someone walking in with no appointment...you have an official letter to show them.

If you want to do the change, you can certainly include a note with it, but there's no guarantee USCIS will comply.

Rene
I'm going to have to reschedule the appointment.
I will send the letter registered mail next week and pary to God they don't send one back right away with a date for the 12th or 13th.

Is it possible to reschedule a second time?
Old Feb 27th 2009, 10:01 pm

I will send the letter registered mail next week and pary to God they don't send one back right away with a date for the 12th or 13th.

Is it possible to reschedule a second time?
I think so, but not sure. You probably get the same type of appointment letter, with the same option to reschedule at the bottom.
Old Feb 27th 2009, 10:02 pm

Maybe if you wait to send the notice to reschedule out just before you leave, you'll have more chance to get a date that's pushed back further?
Old Feb 27th 2009, 10:05 pm
Just Joined

Maybe if you wait to send the notice to reschedule out just before you leave, you'll have more chance to get a date that's pushed back further?
Yes, if I wait until later next week to mail my request it may get pushed back later.
Here is hoping, Thanks for the advice as always Noorah!
Old Feb 27th 2009, 11:35 pm
Account Closed

I'm surprised that you don't even want to try to go to the office! You should take control of your destiny rather than leave it for others to make decisions for you.

Ian

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.