Big softie

Old Aug 14th 2002, 10:56 pm
BE Forum Addict

rogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud of
Default Big softie

One thing all of us share is that at some point (however it happened) we fell in love, from someone from another county
(lets assume that 50/50 of the posters on here are from the US !!)
Some of us are lucky enough to have received our visas, some are already united in the US and are preparing to go through AOS etc.
However there are lots of people who are either just starting the process, have "suffered" RFE's or (for various reasons) are still apart.
It's just a suggestion, but why not those of us who have "been successful" post our "Euophoria moments"
That moment when you know you ARE going be together and have you visas.
It could be that you have just left the DCF with visa in hand and you phone the "other half" in the US to say YESSSSS
or it could be Michaels experience recently in India.
Or it could be that "hug" when you meet at the POE
I personally feel that to share these moments will go a long way to help those of you that are "pre-visa" through the process and to know what it's like to actually "get there"
I'm not trying to preach as most if us know what we are "letting ourselves in for" when we file.
Personally, when I came out of the London Embassy with visa in hand (my daughter was with me) we leaped up and down and phoned anybody that would listen (including of course my wife and in-laws in the US)
That was my moment of Eurphoria.

Some postings capture the imagination, others don't.
I hope this one does so that those that follow us can know that the hassle and the wait are worth it, and those of us that have exprienced it can "testify" through our experience, that it was worth it.
Old Aug 15th 2002, 12:10 am
Forum Regular

grajan is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Big softie

Nice idea rogerpenycate, I sure hope that people do respond as we could sure do with reading some good news.... Yes we are filing I-129F through Nebraska... over 100 days now... arn't we the lucky ones?!... :-) But we will get there I know...

I see elsewhere that you are almost there... good luck and we hope that everything goes great for you in that big lovely country.

grajan
Old Aug 15th 2002, 7:26 am
Jonathan_atc

One would not leave "the DCF with visa in hand" and "phone the "other half"
in the US"

Do you know what DCF is? Both parties must be present for DCF.

;o)

--
Jonathan_ATC

"rogerpenycate" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > One thing all of us share is that at some point (however it happened) we fell in
    > love, from someone from another county (lets assume that 50/50 of the posters on
    > here are from the US !!) Some of us are lucky enough to have received our visas,
    > some are already united in the US and are preparing to go through AOS etc. However
    > there are lots of people who are either just starting the process, have "suffered"
    > RFE's or (for various reasons) are still apart. It's just a suggestion, but why not
    > those of us who have "been successful" post our "Euophoria moments" That moment
    > when you know you ARE going be together and have you visas. It could be that you
    > have just left the DCF with visa in hand and you phone the "other half" in the US
    > to say YESSSSS or it could be Michaels experience recently in India. Or it could be
    > that "hug" when you meet at the POE I personally feel that to share these moments
    > will go a long way to help those of you that are "pre-visa" through the process and
    > to know what it's like to actually "get there" I'm not trying to preach as most if
    > us know what we are "letting ourselves in for" when we file. Personally, when I
    > came out of the London Embassy with visa in hand (my daughter was with me) we
    > leaped up and down and phoned anybody that would listen (including of course my
    > wife and in-laws in the US) That was my moment of Eurphoria.
    > Some postings capture the imagination, others don't. I hope this one does so that
    > those that follow us can know that the hassle and the wait are worth it, and those
    > of us that have exprienced it can "testify" through our experience, that it was
    > worth it.
    > --
    > Posted via http://britishexpats.com

Old Aug 15th 2002, 7:47 am
S.M.

Sorry to correct you Jonathon but it is possible to do DCF (in London for example)
and have the interview without the USC spouse being present. Roger is an example of
this, his wife was a USC residing in the UK, filed the I-130 and then moved back to
the US to get things set up there. There is no requirement for the the USC to be
present for the DCF interview (although it may help a great deal).

S.M.

P.s. my moment was exactly like roger's, walking out of the London Embassy visa in
hand, and giving the wife a big hug!!!

"Jonathan_ATC" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]
s.com
    > One would not leave "the DCF with visa in hand" and "phone the "other
half"
    > in the US"
    > Do you know what DCF is? Both parties must be present for DCF.
    > ;o)
    > --
    > Jonathan_ATC
    > "rogerpenycate" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > >
    > > One thing all of us share is that at some point (however it happened) we fell in
    > > love, from someone from another county (lets assume that 50/50 of the posters on
    > > here are from the US !!) Some of us are lucky enough to have received our visas,
    > > some are already united in the US and are preparing to go through AOS etc.
    > > However there are lots of people who are either just starting the process, have
    > > "suffered" RFE's or (for various reasons) are still apart. It's just a
    > > suggestion, but why not those of us who have "been successful" post our
    > > "Euophoria moments" That moment when you know you ARE going be together and have
    > > you visas. It could be that you have just left the DCF with visa in hand and you
    > > phone the "other half" in the US to say YESSSSS or it could be Michaels
    > > experience recently in India. Or it could be that "hug" when you meet at the POE
    > > I personally feel that to share these moments will go a long way to help those of
    > > you that are "pre-visa" through the process and to know what it's like to
    > > actually "get there" I'm not trying to preach as most if us know what we are
    > > "letting ourselves in for" when we file. Personally, when I came out of the
    > > London Embassy with visa in hand (my daughter was with me) we leaped up and down
    > > and phoned anybody that would listen (including of course my wife and in-laws in
    > > the US) That was my moment of Eurphoria.
    > >
    > > Some postings capture the imagination, others don't. I hope this one does so that
    > > those that follow us can know that the hassle and the wait are worth it, and
    > > those of us that have exprienced it can "testify" through our experience, that it
    > > was worth it.
    > >
    > > --
    > > Posted via http://britishexpats.com
    > >

Old Aug 15th 2002, 8:10 am
Jonathan_atc

You're kidding, right? Really? They require that one be a resident to do DCF many
places. Thanks for the kind correction.

--
Martyr Harry "S.M." <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > Sorry to correct you Jonathon but it is possible to do DCF (in London for example)
    > and have the interview without the USC spouse being present.
Roger
    > is an example of this, his wife was a USC residing in the UK, filed the I-130 and
    > then moved back to the US to get things set up there. There is no requirement for
    > the the USC to be present for the DCF
interview
    > (although it may help a great deal).
    > S.M.
    > P.s. my moment was exactly like roger's, walking out of the London Embassy visa in
    > hand, and giving the wife a big hug!!!
    > "Jonathan_ATC" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]
    > anews.com
    > > One would not leave "the DCF with visa in hand" and "phone the "other
    > half"
    > > in the US"
    > >
    > > Do you know what DCF is? Both parties must be present for DCF.
    > >
    > > ;o)
    > >
    > > --
    > > Jonathan_ATC
    > >
    > > "rogerpenycate" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > > >
    > > > One thing all of us share is that at some point (however it happened)
we
    > > > fell in love, from someone from another county (lets assume that 50/50 of the
    > > > posters on here are from the US !!) Some of us are lucky enough to have
    > > > received our visas, some are
already
    > > > united in the US and are preparing to go through AOS etc. However there are
    > > > lots of people who are either just starting the process, have "suffered" RFE's
    > > > or (for various reasons) are still
apart.
    > > > It's just a suggestion, but why not those of us who have "been successful" post
    > > > our "Euophoria moments" That moment when you know you ARE going be together and
    > > > have you
visas.
    > > > It could be that you have just left the DCF with visa in hand and you phone the
    > > > "other half" in the US to say YESSSSS or it could be Michaels experience
    > > > recently in India. Or it could be that "hug" when you meet at the POE I
    > > > personally feel that to share these moments will go a long way to
help
    > > > those of you that are "pre-visa" through the process and to know what it's like
    > > > to actually "get there" I'm not trying to preach as most if us know what we are
    > > > "letting ourselves in for" when we file. Personally, when I came out of the
    > > > London Embassy with visa in hand
(my
    > > > daughter was with me) we leaped up and down and phoned anybody that would
    > > > listen (including of course my wife and in-laws in the US) That was my moment
    > > > of Eurphoria.
    > > >
    > > > Some postings capture the imagination, others don't. I hope this one does so
    > > > that those that follow us can know that the hassle and the wait are worth it,
    > > > and those of us that have exprienced it can "testify" through our experience,
    > > > that it was worth it.
    > > >
    > > > --
    > > > Posted via http://britishexpats.com
    > > >
    > >

Old Aug 15th 2002, 9:43 am

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Jonathan_atc:
You're kidding, right? Really? They require that one be a resident to do DCF many places. Thanks for the kind correction.
--
Martyr Harry "S.M." <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > Sorry to correct you Jonathon but it is possible to do DCF (in London for example)
    > and have the interview without the USC spouse being present.
Jonathan, there's a couple pf parts to the DCF process; I can only think of Australia off hand that does it all in one day. For the filing of the I-130, both spouses must be present. For any and all appointments after that (packet 3 letter, packet 4 letter, medical, final interview, visa issuance), the US spouse does not need to be present.
Old Aug 15th 2002, 9:44 am
S.M.

Not kidding. The INS requires the USC to be a legal resident of the UK at the time of
filing the I-130, but there is no residency requirement for the issuance of the
visa/interview.
S.M.

"Jonathan_ATC" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]
s.com
    > You're kidding, right? Really? They require that one be a resident to do DCF many
    > places. Thanks for the kind correction.
    > --
    > Martyr Harry "S.M." <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > > Sorry to correct you Jonathon but it is possible to do DCF (in London
for
    > > example) and have the interview without the USC spouse being present.
    > Roger
    > > is an example of this, his wife was a USC residing in the UK, filed the I-130 and
    > > then moved back to the US to get things set up there. There is no requirement for
    > > the the USC to be present for the DCF
    > interview
    > > (although it may help a great deal).
    > >
    > > S.M.
    > >
    > > P.s. my moment was exactly like roger's, walking out of the London
Embassy
    > > visa in hand, and giving the wife a big hug!!!
    > >
    > > "Jonathan_ATC" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]
    > > .giganews.com
    > > > One would not leave "the DCF with visa in hand" and "phone the "other
    > > half"
    > > > in the US"
    > > >
    > > > Do you know what DCF is? Both parties must be present for DCF.
    > > >
    > > > ;o)
    > > >
    > > > --
    > > > Jonathan_ATC
    > > >
    > > > "rogerpenycate" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > > > >
    > > > > One thing all of us share is that at some point (however it
happened)
    > we
    > > > > fell in love, from someone from another county (lets assume that 50/50 of the
    > > > > posters on here are from the US !!) Some of us are lucky enough to have
    > > > > received our visas, some are
    > already
    > > > > united in the US and are preparing to go through AOS etc. However there are
    > > > > lots of people who are either just starting the process, have "suffered"
    > > > > RFE's or (for various reasons) are still
    > apart.
    > > > > It's just a suggestion, but why not those of us who have "been successful"
    > > > > post our "Euophoria moments" That moment when you know you ARE going be
    > > > > together and have you
    > visas.
    > > > > It could be that you have just left the DCF with visa in hand and
you
    > > > > phone the "other half" in the US to say YESSSSS or it could be Michaels
    > > > > experience recently in India. Or it could be that "hug" when you meet at the
    > > > > POE I personally feel that to share these moments will go a long way to
    > help
    > > > > those of you that are "pre-visa" through the process and to know
what
    > > > > it's like to actually "get there" I'm not trying to preach as most if us know
    > > > > what we are "letting ourselves in for" when we file. Personally, when I came
    > > > > out of the London Embassy with visa in hand
    > (my
    > > > > daughter was with me) we leaped up and down and phoned anybody that would
    > > > > listen (including of course my wife and in-laws in the US) That was my moment
    > > > > of Eurphoria.
    > > > >
    > > > > Some postings capture the imagination, others don't. I hope this one does so
    > > > > that those that follow us can know that the hassle and the wait are worth it,
    > > > > and those of us that have
exprienced
    > > > > it can "testify" through our experience, that it was worth it.
    > > > >
    > > > > --
    > > > > Posted via http://britishexpats.com
    > > > >
    > > >
    > >
    > >

Old Aug 15th 2002, 11:01 am
Donna Herboth

My husband and I are still "pre visa" and won't be reunited until December. We
started the process on March 18th of this year (married on March 2,
2002). He's a German citizen and I'm a USC. There's been much that I've been
anticipating but not as much as when I pick him up at the Buffalo airport. I
day dream about the hugs and kisses that we will share. That truly will be one
of the happiest days of my life! He's in Frankfurt today for his physical and
will be dropping off his DS 230, etc. at the consulate later.

For a little background our I-130 (VSC) was approved before our K-3 and even though
it was possible to go with the K-3 it wasn't long after my husband paid the fee for
the non-immigrant visa that I received the I-130 packet 3. So, this is where we stand
at this point and only 4 months to go until our "airport scene".

Good luck to all!

Donna

Old Aug 15th 2002, 5:46 pm
Toni D

In our case, I flew into Guatemala to be there the day of the "interview". We were
nervous wrecks. The fact that my husband was deported and under a 5 year ban made
this day doubly happy. We, too walked out of the embassy with the visa and people
were clapping their hands for us and we were just elated. We thought the day would
never come. We decided to travel back by land, buses from Guatemala, Belize, Mexico
and then to the US through Brownsville Texas. Not one person was in immigration and
we breezed through. The trip was great until we hit the US. Greyhound was
miserable. We traveled from Texas to NYC and called a family member to pick us up to
bring us to CT. It was an unforgettable adventure but one I don't wish to repeat .
We had a lot of laughs along the way and just so damned happy that we were finally
together again and that the next time I go to Guatemala it will be with my husband.
There's nothing worse than visiting and then having to leave him behind. It was a
once in a lifetime experience.

Old Aug 15th 2002, 7:47 pm
Soft

On Wed, 14 Aug 2002 22:56:35 +0000, rogerpenycate <[email protected]> wrote:

>One thing all of us share is that at some point (however it happened) we fell in
    >love, from someone from another county (lets assume that 50/50 of the posters on
    >here are from the US !!) Some of us are lucky enough to have received our visas,
    >some are already united in the US and are preparing to go through AOS etc. However
    >there are lots of people who are either just starting the process, have "suffered"
    >RFE's or (for various reasons) are still apart. It's just a suggestion, but why not
    >those of us who have "been successful" post our "Euophoria moments" That moment when
    >you know you ARE going be together and have you visas. It could be that you have
    >just left the DCF with visa in hand and you phone the "other half" in the US to say
    >YESSSSS or it could be Michaels experience recently in India. Or it could be that
    >"hug" when you meet at the POE I personally feel that to share these moments will go
    >a long way to help those of you that are "pre-visa" through the process and to know
    >what it's like to actually "get there" I'm not trying to preach as most if us know
    >what we are "letting ourselves in for" when we file. Personally, when I came out of
    >the London Embassy with visa in hand (my daughter was with me) we leaped up and down
    >and phoned anybody that would listen (including of course my wife and in-laws in the
    >US) That was my moment of Eurphoria.
    >Some postings capture the imagination, others don't. I hope this one does so that
    >those that follow us can know that the hassle and the wait are worth it, and those
    >of us that have exprienced it can "testify" through our experience, that it was
    >worth it.

Good idea, I am not big on words so I am going to share our wedding picture site.
Naturally I was so happy once he arrived to stay, we had 3 days before the wedding &
his folks came in too. It was a hectic and emotional week. But this is our third year
of marriage come November and everyday I thank God for sending him to me. Even on the
days when were grumpy with each other, I am so happy he is with me sharing life, good
and bad. Isn't that what its all about? David arrived Nov 1999 and is now a PR. Were
planning to file for his citizenship next year.

http://smasher.pointclar-
k.net/soft/TIEKNOT/frame.htm

Old Aug 15th 2002, 10:27 pm
Jennifer

rogerpenycate <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:<[email protected]>...

I think this is a wonderful idea. Peter & I are together now, and just filed for AOS
in July. We also went through the NSC & I'm still reading this NG everyday...and my
heart goes out to all of you who are still waiting - and most especially - to those
of you who are enduring the long waits of the Nebraska Service Center. I thought our
"47" days was bad...and now, well, that seems ridiculous doesn't it? We got through
there just in the nick of time.

I love the idea of this thread - because the point is: You WILL get through this.
You WILL be together. That doesn't change how difficult it is, or how frustrating
and lonely it is -- but it's something that you always HAVE TO keep in mind. Kind
people on this newsgroup told me the same thing when I was going crazy. So, I
looked up my original post when Peter got his visa in Amsterdam, titled, "He's
Coming Home"...

Hello everyone,

I do not have much time as I am at work (I promise, Rete, I will post medical &
interview experiences in the relevant places)...

I found out at 1:30am that PETER IS COMING HOME THIS SATURDAY!!! He got the visa!!!!

I am sincerely grateful for all of the support I have received since the beginning
... but most especially the last few grueling days of waiting. You are all wonderful
people, thank you so much!

I can breathe again.

After 2 hours of waiting, the interview lasted no more than a minute: "Peter, do you
swear to marry Jennifer within 90 days of your entry into the U.S.?" "Yes, I swear"
....sign here - good luck in the U.S.
- pick up your visa at 3pm! Poor baby had to lug a suitcase full of "proof of our
relationship" around Amsterdam for 4 hours! : )

He'll be home this Saturday at 6:15pm ... JUST in time for my son's 10th birthday
on Sunday!

I am still in shock, but besides the day my son was born, I have honestly never
been happier.

Thank you again. And good luck to all of you. Now onto AOS....I'll be back around
in a few days!

~jennifer

Timeline:

I-129F petition received by NSC: 1/2/02 Check cashed: 1/10/02 No First NOA Contacted
Immigration Liason: 3/1/02 2nd NOA/Petition Approval: 3/14/02 Consulate Amsterdam
received approval from NSC: 3/22/02 Peter received Packet 3: 3/26/02 Received
Interview Notice on: 5/7/02 Medical exam: 5/13/02 Interview Today: 5/21/02 Coming
home: 5/25/02

The day that I picked Peter up at the airport, I was in a daze all day. I was so
excited that the excitement had basically numbed my body. I drove, dazed, to the
airport and I was about an hour early....just as I stepped up to the ticket counter
to ask which gate his flight would be coming in on...the nice lady said, "Well, well
-- even though you're early, you're right on time, the plane just landed!"

I thought that was pretty amazing. I waited by the gate...and there he was...and we
both just dropped everything and embraced, for a long time. And we cried, and
laughed, and smiled...and felt a level of relief - and release - that I cannot
explain in words.

We were married on June 7, 2002. And I am thankful every single day that he is home.

Kind folks, it will happen for you. Be as strong as you can be, and cry when you
need to cry, and just KNOW - way down deep - that there is an end to this.

And then, you have YOUR beginning.

It's worth waiting for.

~Jennifer & Peter (US/NL in Portland, OR)

Originally posted by Roger: One thing all of us share is that at some point (however
it happened) we
    > fell in love, from someone from another county (lets assume that 50/50 of the
    > posters on here are from the US !!) Some of us are lucky enough to have received
    > our visas, some are already united in the US and are preparing to go through AOS
    > etc. However there are lots of people who are either just starting the process,
    > have "suffered" RFE's or (for various reasons) are still apart. It's just a
    > suggestion, but why not those of us who have "been successful" post our "Euophoria
    > moments" That moment when you know you ARE going be together and have you visas. It
    > could be that you have just left the DCF with visa in hand and you phone the "other
    > half" in the US to say YESSSSS or it could be Michaels experience recently in
    > India. Or it could be that "hug" when you meet at the POE I personally feel that to
    > share these moments will go a long way to help those of you that are "pre-visa"
    > through the process and to know what it's like to actually "get there" I'm not
    > trying to preach as most if us know what we are "letting ourselves in for" when we
    > file. Personally, when I came out of the London Embassy with visa in hand (my
    > daughter was with me) we leaped up and down and phoned anybody that would listen
    > (including of course my wife and in-laws in the US) That was my moment of
    > Eurphoria.
    > Some postings capture the imagination, others don't. I hope this one does so that
    > those that follow us can know that the hassle and the wait are worth it, and those
    > of us that have exprienced it can "testify" through our experience, that it was
    > worth it.