Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

Best Day Ever - Got K-3 approval even w/I-601 and I-212!!!

Best Day Ever - Got K-3 approval even w/I-601 and I-212!!!

Old Mar 11th 2004, 3:56 pm
Forum Regular

rainbow is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Best Day Ever - Got K-3 approval even w/I-601 and I-212!!!

Happy Days are here again......
Hi guys - I know I just joined this forum in January so haven't posted too much but I just wanted to let you know that it has been very useful and helped me to get through the tough times!

Wanted to share our happy story.....

My husband called me at 6:30 am this morning, March 11, to say that he got the letter of approval for the k-3 visa! I'm so excited I can hardley contain myself. He was deported last St. Patrick's Day so it's been almost a year since he's been in the USA. I've been over 6 times to visit him since he couldn't come back here cuz he had a ten year ban.

We went for the interview Feb 3rd, 2004 and had to submit waivers (I-212 and I-601). I was very doubtful that we would get the visa request approved but we did it!!! After waiting 5 weeks and 2 days we got the notice of approval from London.
Now I'm trying to get a flight so he can be here by St. Patty's Day next Wednesday.....

I just want to wish all of you guys who are in the process of bringing a loved one back all the best. It's a very difficult and bumpy road to follow but it was worth it for me and hope it is for all of you too!

-rainbow
Old Mar 11th 2004, 4:01 pm
Weary and Still Waiverin'

Nassara is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Best Day Ever - Got K-3 approval even w/I-601 and I-212!!!

Originally posted by rainbow
Hi guys - I know I just joined this forum in January so haven't posted too much but I just wanted to let you know that it has been very useful and helped me to get through the tough times!

My husband called me at 6:30 am this morning, March 11, to say that he got the letter of approval for the k-3 visa! I'm so excited I can hardley contain myself. He was deported last St. Patrick's Day so it's been almost a year since he's been in the USA. I've been over 6 times to visit him since he couldn't come back here cuz he had a ten year ban.

We went for the interview Feb 3rd, 2004 and had to submit waivers (I-212 and I-601). I was very doubtful that we would get the visa request approved but we did it!!! After waiting 5 weeks and 2 days we got the notice of approval from London.
Now I'm trying to get a flight so he can be here by St. Patty's Day next Wednesday.....

I just want to wish all of you guys who are in the process of bringing a loved one back all the best. It's a very difficult and bumpy road to follow but it was worth it for me and hope it is for all of you too!

-rainbow

Congrats and I have to admit Im green with envy
Old Mar 11th 2004, 4:07 pm
GiveMeStrength

Rainbow,
Wow, 5 weeks is very fast! Congratulations on your approvals!

Old Mar 11th 2004, 4:39 pm
Gin
Forum Regular

Gin is just really niceGin is just really niceGin is just really niceGin is just really niceGin is just really niceGin is just really niceGin is just really niceGin is just really niceGin is just really niceGin is just really nice

Congratulations!!!!
Great news on that Waiver!

-rainbow
Old Mar 11th 2004, 4:41 pm
Forum Regular

Dorceia is an unknown quantity at this point

-rainbow
Congratulations! Glad everything worked out for you and your husband.
Old Mar 11th 2004, 5:50 pm
Living in Milwaukee, USA!

mcjimbo will become famous soon enough

Ahhhh good news!

Thats what we need more of. Congratulations!
Old Mar 15th 2004, 4:51 pm
Forum Regular

rainbow is an unknown quantity at this point

Thank you all and here's to hoping it all works out for you too!

I managed to get him on a flight so he's arriving tomorrow night. He'll be here just in time for St. Patty's Day!!! Last year's St Patty's was the worst and this one is sure to be the best!

(Already took off that day and the day after from work to do some serious partying)
Wahoooooooo!!!!!!!

K-3 TIMELINE:

Married May 2003

06/24/03 mail I-130 to VSC
06/30/03 NOA1 I-130
08/01/03 mail I-129F to VSC
08/07/03 NOA1 I-129F
11/13/03 NOA2 I-129F (after 98 day wait)
11/19/03 NVC receives I-129F
11/24/03 NVC mails I-129F to London
12/03/03 P3 arrives
12/12/03 Submit P3 and fingerprinted in London
01/14/04 Interview letter arrives
02/03/04 Interview, waivers (I-601 & I-212) submitted
03/11/04 K-3 VISA APPROVED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

-rainbow
Old Mar 17th 2004, 8:59 pm
Forum Regular

Lost2003 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi,
I am very happy and exited for you!! I love to hear about I-601s being approved!!!!! I have my interview on April 6th and will have to file an I-601 myself and hope to have the same result as you did!!! I am very hopefull for us but more for you cause your done!!!!!!!!!

:PARTY:
Old Mar 17th 2004, 9:16 pm
won't be long now!

SidAngelika is an unknown quantity at this point

-rainbow
Congratulations.....life can be beautiful