Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

BCIS Online Visa Status

BCIS Online Visa Status

Old Nov 4th 2003, 8:00 pm
CA to TX to Jamaica

CaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond repute
Default BCIS Online Visa Status

My apologies if this has been mentioned before.

But, I was under the impression (I think from something I read here) that approvals can be seen straight away online at BCIS.

However, when I check online it says:

Your I129F PETITION FOR FIANCE(E) was received on August 27, 2003.
We mailed you a receipt with information about processing. It is taking between 60 and 90 days for us to process this kind of case.
We will mail you a decision as soon as processing is complete.
This implies they will mail me their decision and NOT that the result will appear online.

So, do they mail first or put online first?

Has anyone experience of this?
Old Nov 4th 2003, 8:05 pm
Forum Regular

goldrush is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: BCIS Online Visa Status

Originally posted by CaliforniaBride

But, I was under the impression (I think from something I read here) that approvals can be seen straight away online at BCIS.

This implies they will mail me their decision and NOT that the result will appear online.

I have heard it happen both ways. Some ppl found out via mail first, others via online.
Old Nov 4th 2003, 8:32 pm
BE Forum Addict

Karen D has much to be proud ofKaren D has much to be proud ofKaren D has much to be proud ofKaren D has much to be proud ofKaren D has much to be proud ofKaren D has much to be proud ofKaren D has much to be proud ofKaren D has much to be proud ofKaren D has much to be proud ofKaren D has much to be proud ofKaren D has much to be proud of

Hi

When I received my approval, I heard about it first from the lady I was dealing with at the Senator's office. I then kept checking on line and the very same day saw the following message:

"This case has been approved. On September 2, 2003, an approval notice was mailed. If 14 days have passed and you have not received this notice, you may wish to verify or update your address. To update your address, please call the National Customer Service Center at (800) 375-5283."

I was one of the lucky ones where my online case status got updated quickly. Some peoples takes ages to change, or sometimes doesn't change at all

If you/your fiance is in the USA, try calling the toll free number (1-800-375-5283) to check your case status. I don't know whether the information there would be any different but it is another option. Maybe someone else will comment on their experience of using this number.

Hope your wait is not too long
Old Nov 4th 2003, 8:37 pm
Valley of the Sun

souls canuck is a splendid one to beholdsouls canuck is a splendid one to beholdsouls canuck is a splendid one to beholdsouls canuck is a splendid one to beholdsouls canuck is a splendid one to beholdsouls canuck is a splendid one to beholdsouls canuck is a splendid one to beholdsouls canuck is a splendid one to beholdsouls canuck is a splendid one to beholdsouls canuck is a splendid one to beholdsouls canuck is a splendid one to behold
Default on line status changed

we saw the approval on line.. and got the letter in the mail a few days later
Old Nov 4th 2003, 9:13 pm

jeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond repute

CB,

Your notification of a decision is the Form I-797C that is mailed to you. If you happen to see an online notice that confirms the piece of paper, either before or after you receive the paper, that's very nice. But like most other things you see online, the BCIS Status Online notices mean squat.

Regards, JEff

Old Nov 4th 2003, 11:06 pm
CA to TX to Jamaica

CaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for your replies, but...

Grrr!

As usual there is no definitive answer in the immigration lottery!