Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

BCIS-NVC-London Consolute 6 days!!!

BCIS-NVC-London Consolute 6 days!!!

Old Mar 20th 2003, 6:06 pm
Forum Regular

DonnaT is an unknown quantity at this point
Default BCIS-NVC-London Consolute 6 days!!!

Hi Everyone,

Just thought I would let you know that i just called NVC. Got thru on the first try! Talked to a very nice girl who said that they received our information and had sent it off to the London Consolute yesterday. Our 2nd NOA was March 12th. Just wanted to let you all know that things are speeding up. Good Luck to Everyone!!

Donna T
Old Mar 20th 2003, 6:30 pm
BE Enthusiast

goya0002 is an unknown quantity at this point

This is good to hear. Because from what I've been hearing from others it seems like the newly created step is taking anywhere from 4-8 weeks.
Old Mar 20th 2003, 6:33 pm
Forum Regular

That's what I thought as well. I couldn't believe it. I was worried about not being able to open a provisional file. Oh well, glad I didn't worry to much...
Old Mar 20th 2003, 6:34 pm
Forum Regular

sandy- pie is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: BCIS-NVC-London Consolute 6 days!!!

Originally posted by DonnaT
Hi Everyone,

Just thought I would let you know that i just called NVC. Got thru on the first try! Talked to a very nice girl who said that they received our information and had sent it off to the London Consolute yesterday. Our 2nd NOA was March 12th. Just wanted to let you all know that things are speeding up. Good Luck to Everyone!!

Donna T

ok, so did you pay to have it cabled? cos i am on the 10th, and they havent recieved my info yet. how did you talk to a person, i have yet to get through to a person. do share
sandy
Old Mar 20th 2003, 6:35 pm
Forum Regular

kitty-uk is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi DonnaT

That's great news, which means your be hearing from London very soon.

Might be a good idea to start on the paper work ready, if you haven't already set up a file.

The people in the Londom embassy are very nice, so try not to worry.
All the best Kit
Old Mar 20th 2003, 6:40 pm
Forum Regular

Thank You Kit,

We have been collecting stuff for awhile. I have tax returns, letters from employers, pictures, and my lawyer will be doing the affadavit of support. We have a police certificate that we filed with when we first got married, but my husband applied for a new one a week ago, just in case there is an expiration date. Is there anything else we should worry about?

Thanks for your help,

DonnaT
Old Mar 20th 2003, 6:46 pm
Forum Regular

sandy- pie is an unknown quantity at this point

ok..i just got through. They have recieved my information, but she told me it will still be 2 -4 weeks before the consulate is contacted poop. i dont get it. i hope she just doesnt really know what she is talking about and it will be quicker.
sandy
Old Mar 20th 2003, 6:47 pm
Forum Regular

Hi Sandy,

I could not believe it really. I just called the phone number that someone left in an earlier post. ( 603-334-0700), I got thru on the first call. The girl ask for our receipt number then for my husband's birthdate (which of course, I couldn't remember the year as I wasn't suspecting that question) . She gave me the receipt number and told me the file was sent yesterday. She also said the London Consulate requested that you don't call for 10 days after the file being sent. Nothing was mentioned about sending it via Cable. I don't how to do that.

I hope this helps,

D
Old Mar 20th 2003, 6:48 pm
Forum Regular

Hi Sandy,

We are K-3. I think if you are K-1 it may take longer. Something about a name check.
Old Mar 20th 2003, 7:01 pm
Forum Regular

jaycent is an unknown quantity at this point

Donna.

It may not get to London as soon as you are anticipating. Our case was sent to the consulate from the NVC over a month ago, and all we get is the run-around when we try to enquire about our case at the Kingston Consulate. I dont know if its the same with the London Consulate, but from what i read online, it can take up to a month or more for the consulate to get your file, even though the info is sent to the consulate electronically.
Old Mar 20th 2003, 7:03 pm
Sursum corda

cindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by DonnaT
Hi Sandy,

We are K-3. I think if you are K-1 it may take longer. Something about a name check.

Oh my gosh!! Panic time!! Papers flying in all directions! What is my name? Who am I married to? Ducks in a row, act together and other cliches!
Thanks for sharing Donna.................gulp........
Old Mar 20th 2003, 7:40 pm
Forum Regular

pondhopper is an unknown quantity at this point
Default London consul

We had our I129F 2nd NOA on the 18th March (yippee) but we had sent our packet 3 forms to London last year. I sent them an Email and they replied with a provisional file number.!! They also have said that if we send them the original I-797 aproval notice that they can continue to process the visa immediately.

Thing seem to be moving for us all at last.

The London consul are GREAT to deal with, Good luck

[email protected]
Old Mar 20th 2003, 7:41 pm
BE Enthusiast

goya0002 is an unknown quantity at this point

So, lets get this straight.
The K3 visa takes a long time at NSC (any service center).
But just to make it interesting and fair the K1 visa take longer the NVC

The end result being that we all wait for something that none of us should ever have to wait for. We are not criminlas; nor are we trying to import them.

Whoever said "my heart aches" got it right. Mine too.
Old Mar 20th 2003, 7:45 pm
Forum Regular

Pondhopper,

What forms exactly did you send? And did you use your NVC number as a reference? I don't mind sending things over as well, even if it ends up being unneccesary, I am just not sure what to send.

D
Old Mar 20th 2003, 8:00 pm
Forum Regular

pondhopper is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Forms

Donna
I (benificary)asked for the "packet 3" forms from the Consulate.
it contains:-

IV15
DS-230 2 sides
DS-156 2 sides in duplicate
DS-156K 1 side

All obtainable on the Consul web site anyway.

We gave or TSC 1st NOA number as a reference and a letter explaining where we were in the process with names and dates etc.
David

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.