Baltimore AOS

Old Nov 5th 2003, 5:24 pm
BE Enthusiast

robclews is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Baltimore AOS

Ok so I went to Baltimore for my AOS interview yesterday, called in on time and sat with the interviewer who asked just one question to my wife. We produced the documents required and waited for further comment.

After a few minutes I was told that my file was elsewhere and I should know if my AOS is approved within 6 weeks !!!. I noticed from the search engine and looking at experiences posted elsewhere, that everyone was approved on the spot, and their passports stamped, any idea why mine was left up in the air still ?

Rob
Old Nov 5th 2003, 6:28 pm
BE Enthusiast

sal_whit will become famous soon enoughsal_whit will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Baltimore AOS

Originally posted by robclews
Ok so I went to Baltimore for my AOS interview yesterday, called in on time and sat with the interviewer who asked just one question to my wife. We produced the documents required and waited for further comment.

After a few minutes I was told that my file was elsewhere and I should know if my AOS is approved within 6 weeks !!!. I noticed from the search engine and looking at experiences posted elsewhere, that everyone was approved on the spot, and their passports stamped, any idea why mine was left up in the air still ?

Rob
Sorry Rob,Was thinking of you yesterday too!!
I can't answer your question but hope you have good news soon.

Sal
Old Nov 6th 2003, 1:35 pm
Forum Regular

ccalgreen is an unknown quantity at this point

Rob
Dang, they tell you in your interview letter that they have your file, then when you get there they tell you they don't have it? Sounds like the SSA all over again...

Good luck - maybe they've decided not to stamp people's passports any more and so you don't have the Green Card until you have the Green Card.

Hmm, my interview is in 6 weeks - who knows, we might even get it at the same time!

CLEM
Old Nov 6th 2003, 2:16 pm
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

Rob
Sorry to hear that Rob...it could be worse!! some people have had their interview..were approved..but still 6 months + later are still waiting for the results of their security checks to come back before they get their passport stamped..
Old Nov 6th 2003, 2:29 pm
jingling

jcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond repute

Rob
Ech, that must be really irritating. If it's security checks, why couldn't they do that before they scheduled your interview? Sorry to hear you got delayed.

Juliet
Old Dec 17th 2003, 10:49 pm
Forum Regular

rzack is an unknown quantity at this point

Robclews, any update on your case?