Bad Idea or not?

Old Aug 15th 2005, 5:28 pm

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Bad Idea or not?

Originally Posted by Noorah101
If you knew it, you should not have postponed it. Hire someone to help you, if you feel you can't figure out the paperwork on your own.

Wrong, you should have started the paperwork when your wife returned from her training, in April.

Yep, I guess if USCIS can't update their forms in time, you are freed from all responsibility to pursue becoming a legal immigrant!

There are a few ways to fix this. Move your wife into a better neighborhood so you won't be worried about her. Move your wife to the UK so you don't have to be separated. Begin the process of becoming a PR so you won't have to keep flying back and forth.

There are all kinds of people in the world, the majority of them have no idea what it takes to get a green card. Honestly, to me, it sounds like you also aren't very aware of the process yourself, or you would have started it long ago.

This is a good, positive thing you are doing! File the I-130!

All types of people from all over the world immigrate to the USA, and they are all equal in their quest for becoming a PR here. UK or Indian, makes no difference. Bring your wife back to the UK with you, if you are that concerned for her safety here.

Best Wishes,
Rene
It is Oficially Official: Rene has graduated!

Due to her extensive Practical Training under Rete, Ray, Ian, myself and countless previously patient long-term posters, she has now joined the ranks of those with little patience for rude folk who can't/won't help themselves.

Congratulations, Rene!
Please turn in the white gown and halo the next time you pass through a Usenet approved gateway.

xoxomo
Old Aug 15th 2005, 6:07 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by meauxna
It is Oficially Official: Rene has graduated!

Due to her extensive Practical Training under Rete, Ray, Ian, myself and countless previously patient long-term posters, she has now joined the ranks of those with little patience for rude folk who can't/won't help themselves.

Congratulations, Rene!
Please turn in the white gown and halo the next time you pass through a Usenet approved gateway.

xoxomo
Dang, I don't have an acceptance speech prepared!

Rene
Old Aug 15th 2005, 6:14 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Noorah101
Dang, I don't have an acceptance speech prepared!

Rene

Uh oh .... that is another dent in your halo. Welcome to the real world, Rene.
Old Aug 15th 2005, 7:30 pm
jingling

jcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond repute

Why would you risk your future with your spouse, Peter, by considering to stay as an illegal "immigrant"? Do you want to live your entire life in hiding, never knowing when you'll be found by the authorities?

Immigration laws may seem unfair because you have to wait to be reunited with your spouse...but in the end, it's worth it to do the right thing.

Waiting can seem unbearable, but it's IS temporary. It will pass. You have a future to look forward to...don't let impatience ruin it.
Old Aug 15th 2005, 7:35 pm
Septicity

fatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jcapulet
Why would you risk your future with your spouse, Peter, by considering to stay as an illegal "immigrant"? Do you want to live your entire life in hiding, never knowing when you'll be found by the authorities?

Immigration laws may seem unfair because you have to wait to be reunited with your spouse...but in the end, it's worth it to do the right thing.

Waiting can seem unbearable, but it's IS temporary. It will pass. You have a future to look forward to...don't let impatience ruin it.

And why would he be an illegal immigrant if he remained in the US?
Old Aug 15th 2005, 7:41 pm
jingling

jcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by fatbrit
He'd mentioned remaining as an illegal immigrant as being one of his options...I'm responding to that consideration. Did I misread something?
Shocked of Redmond

nettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond repute

I might point out that on your option 2 you won't be "an illegal" if you post in the app before your vwp expires -- you will however be in a limbo situation whereby your right to travel outside the US is effectively curtailed. Follow the instructions I gave at the link earlier AFTER taking legal advice if you want this option. Getting yourself deported is not a good idea.
And the other consideration, is that if you entered using the VWP you have waive ALL RIGHTS to appeal against any immigration decisions that may go against you. Deportation pending? No right to appeal, since you entered on the VWP. Given the stickiness of this ostensible situation, this doesn't sound like a good idea...

Also, hope you've never been a naughty boy and got a criminal history. Now's the time to take that into account if relevant.
Well, they do let people with a criminal background in, but the restrictions are quite severe...
Lapine Member

snowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond repute

How about:

no one is going to sort his sh*t out for him whilst having to read his racist and sexist diatribe.

No one will do it for free, anyway.

He should get a lawyer. The more diatribe, the more they get paid, so they don't give a sh*t.
Old Aug 15th 2005, 7:42 pm
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by snowbunny
He should get a lawyer. The more diatribe, the more they get paid, so they don't give a sh*t.
Preferably an Indian one .....
Old Aug 15th 2005, 7:43 pm
BE Enthusiast

hcj1440 has a reputation beyond reputehcj1440 has a reputation beyond reputehcj1440 has a reputation beyond reputehcj1440 has a reputation beyond reputehcj1440 has a reputation beyond reputehcj1440 has a reputation beyond reputehcj1440 has a reputation beyond reputehcj1440 has a reputation beyond reputehcj1440 has a reputation beyond reputehcj1440 has a reputation beyond reputehcj1440 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Peter Andre
Anyway situation now is that nothing has been filed yet, planning on filing I-130 this week, my tourist visa runs out on 3rd sept.

my options

1.Leave my wife on sept 3rd in rotten appartment, work and save up enough for plane ticket and return novemberish, and hope I get through customs, which I may not, which would really cause a lot of trouble for me and her, it would be a nightmare.

2. Stay here and er just hope for best, I really couldn't see myself getting deported, it would cause undue hardship on my wife for certain, its just the length of time it would take and the amount of hassle and stress involved to sort things out that concerns me.

Also another point, if its so hard to change your status on a visa waiver, then why the hell so many questions at customs, what are they worried about? who wants to be an illegal alien? not me, you can't work you can't do sh%t.

Anyway enough rambling, my 2 options are clear, neither is very appealing.

Once out of status what options are there?

Should I stay or should I go now?
Should I stay or should I go now?
If I go there will be trouble
An' if I stay it will be double
So come on and let me know
Should I stay or should I go?
You're either trolling or you're an exceedingly lazy reader. Your options have been laid out for you several times over by different people. You have steadfastly refused to consider the new information you have been given, and you keep sticking with the options as you understood them to be before you ever came on this board.

If this is a real situation, I recommend that you re-read the entire thread, pick out the posts that address your situation, and try to understand what people have been telling you. Then go see a lawyer.
Old Aug 15th 2005, 7:45 pm
Septicity

fatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by snowbunny
How about:

no one is going to sort his sh*t out for him whilst having to read his racist and sexist diatribe.

No one will do it for free, anyway.

I agree! But then again he was fairly well wound up when he first arrived on the forum, so perhaps it brought out his dark side.

We all have a touch of racism and sexism lurking in us somewhere, nasty though the thought may be. If he comes out with any more, I might well abandon my meager help, though.
Old Aug 15th 2005, 7:49 pm
Septicity

He'd mentioned remaining as an illegal immigrant as being one of his options...I'm responding to that consideration. Did I misread something?

Nope -- but he hasn't worked out he may be able to adjust status, yet! This is partly (mainly!) his fault and partly that of the forum taking a nasty turn for a topic that sends them weird. If it is possible in his circumstances, he may legally adjust status and remain.
Old Aug 15th 2005, 7:50 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Peter Andre
I know the process... blah, blah, spew
I knew you wouldn't be able to stay away. They all say they're leaving but they all come back, such as in your case, like a bad case of acne!

She is blonde and quite frankly I think the whole process is beyond her capabilties... blah, blah, spew
You're really are a condescending son-of-a-bitch, aren't you? When you were born the doctor should have spanked your mother!

1.Leave my wife on sept 3rd... blah, blah, spew
Why don't you just leave her... I'm sure she'll be better off without you!

I just said I was white to show I wasn't some indian or whatever, who try to get citizenship so they can bring the whole damn family over for a better life... blah, blah, spew
Oh, you're a prize... condescending and bigotted. I'll just bet if you had the chance, you'd bring your "whole damn family over". Oh... wait... I'll bet they abandoned you long ago because you were such a charmer, right?

I just love my wife though and don't want to leave her here unprotected.
Buy her a box of condoms!

Ian
Old Aug 15th 2005, 7:56 pm
jingling

Nope -- but he hasn't worked out he may be able to adjust status, yet! This is partly (mainly!) his fault and partly that of the forum taking a nasty turn for a topic that sends them weird. If it is possible in his circumstances, he may legally adjust status and remain.
I see your point. However, he's still exploring his options...I just wanted to remind him that staying as an illegal alien is the worst possible thing to do- for both him and his wife.
Old Aug 15th 2005, 8:01 pm
Septicity

I see your point. However, he's still exploring his options...I just wanted to remind him that staying as an illegal alien is the worst possible thing to do- for both him and his wife.

I certainly agree.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.