Wikiposts

Awaiting K-1 package??

Old Sep 15th 2009, 5:55 am
Just Joined

grindcoreUK is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Awaiting K-1 package??

hello again, and may I first of all thank you once again for all your priceless information on american visa issues

I am happy to say that my fiance and I have been approved our I-129F, I was actually visiting when it arrived there so we were glad to be together for it.

For anyone else wondering we applied in Mid-April and approved Mid-August.

The letter recieved explained that I would be sent the K-1 package and then arrange my interview date for the london embassy

How long on average does the package take to arrive? It's been almost 3 weeks so far. all is normal I hope??

thankyou for your time

next stage here we come.........
Old Sep 15th 2009, 6:01 am
BE Enthusiast

YouWantFriesWithThat has a reputation beyond reputeYouWantFriesWithThat has a reputation beyond reputeYouWantFriesWithThat has a reputation beyond reputeYouWantFriesWithThat has a reputation beyond reputeYouWantFriesWithThat has a reputation beyond reputeYouWantFriesWithThat has a reputation beyond reputeYouWantFriesWithThat has a reputation beyond reputeYouWantFriesWithThat has a reputation beyond reputeYouWantFriesWithThat has a reputation beyond reputeYouWantFriesWithThat has a reputation beyond reputeYouWantFriesWithThat has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Awaiting K-1 package??

Originally Posted by grindcoreUK
hello again, and may I first of all thank you once again for all your priceless information on american visa issues

I am happy to say that my fiance and I have been approved our I-129F, I was actually visiting when it arrived there so we were glad to be together for it.

For anyone else wondering we applied in Mid-April and approved Mid-August.

The letter recieved explained that I would be sent the K-1 package and then arrange my interview date for the london embassy

How long on average does the package take to arrive? It's been almost 3 weeks so far. all is normal I hope??

thankyou for your time

next stage here we come.........
Congratulations on your approval

The packet 3 should arrive with you appx 3 weeks to one month after the approval letter (the NOA2) was received by your faince in the US. So anytime now I would imagine!!

(Btw, 'the package' nowadays is usually a one page letter that contains this link http://london.usembassy.gov/cons_new/visa/iv/iv_15.html for all your instructions.)

Last edited by YouWantFriesWithThat; Sep 15th 2009 at 6:03 am.
Old Sep 15th 2009, 6:03 am
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

You can d/l the package from the US Consulate's London website. Have you gotten started on the documentation you will need, i.e. police certificate, long form birth certificate, military records if applicable, police clearance from other countries you have lived in after the age of 16 if applicable, etc.
Old Sep 15th 2009, 6:16 am

jeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond repute

gcUK,

Is this "letter" the Approval Notice from CIS or the NVC notice that NVC has received the approved petition from CIS and will forward it to the embassy?

In any case, allow about 2 weeks from Approval Date for the NVC to receive and forward the approved petition and 1-2 weeks for the embassy to receive the petition and send it through the internal mail system to the IV unit in the consular section.

Regards, JEff

Old Sep 15th 2009, 6:27 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Rete
You can d/l the package from the US Consulate's London website. Have you gotten started on the documentation you will need, i.e. police certificate, long form birth certificate, military records if applicable, police clearance from other countries you have lived in after the age of 16 if applicable, etc.
I have begun this process and downloaded the so called "package" information from the web site you linked.

Will keep everyone updated with process.

thankyou
Old Sep 19th 2009, 5:51 am
Just Joined

OK just a few questions....

I have gathered all the required forms from the US Immigration web site ( excluding the DS -156K which is online??) and have sent off for my police certificate record.

Though my fiance has recieved confirmation of the I-129F being successful I have yet to receive the "K1" package.

Does this mean I am in a position to send off these forms as well as book a medical? How can I find out where to get a medical?

The forms from the US Immigration web page which I downloaded...they are official use right? They look like it.

Thankyou for your time
Old Sep 19th 2009, 6:00 am
BE Enthusiast

YouWantFriesWithThat has a reputation beyond reputeYouWantFriesWithThat has a reputation beyond reputeYouWantFriesWithThat has a reputation beyond reputeYouWantFriesWithThat has a reputation beyond reputeYouWantFriesWithThat has a reputation beyond reputeYouWantFriesWithThat has a reputation beyond reputeYouWantFriesWithThat has a reputation beyond reputeYouWantFriesWithThat has a reputation beyond reputeYouWantFriesWithThat has a reputation beyond reputeYouWantFriesWithThat has a reputation beyond reputeYouWantFriesWithThat has a reputation beyond repute

OK just a few questions....

I have gathered all the required forms from the US Immigration web site ( excluding the DS -156K which is online??) and have sent off for my police certificate record.

Though my fiance has recieved confirmation of the I-129F being successful I have yet to receive the "K1" package.

Does this mean I am in a position to send off these forms as well as book a medical? How can I find out where to get a medical?

The forms from the US Immigration web page which I downloaded...they are official use right? They look like it.

Thankyou for your time

I think what you're waiting for is generically known as 'packet 3', although in practice it is just a letter. I posted the link that the letter is likely to contain above. (in my previous post)

That same link will also explain all about the medical. Follow the sublinks.

I would wait until you receive packet 3 then follow the steps in sequence.
Old Sep 19th 2009, 6:16 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

What is the date on the NOA2 (the I-129F approval)?

Does this mean I am in a position to send off these forms as well as book a medical?
No, you should probably wait until you get a notice from the embassy asking you to follow through.

How can I find out where to get a medical?
Instructions for getting the medical done will be on that notice you receive from the embassy, or perhaps you can search recent K-1 threads on this forum, if you're curious about where the medical is held.

Rene
Old Sep 19th 2009, 6:20 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Noorah101
Instructions for getting the medical done will be on that notice you receive from the embassy, or perhaps you can search recent K-1 threads on this forum, if you're curious about where the medical is held.Rene
Hi Rene,

I already posted the packet 3 link for the OP in my first post above which via a sublink gives details about the medical.
Old Sep 19th 2009, 6:23 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by YouWantFriesWithThat
Hi Rene,

I already posted the packet 3 link for the OP in my first post above which via a sublink gives details about the medical.
Thanks!
Old Sep 19th 2009, 7:06 am

jeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond repute

gcUK,

What do you mean by "the US Immigration web site"? There are several US government agencies that play different roles, at different times, in the immigration process. Each has it's own web pages. Which agency are you referring to?

Yes the DS-156K is available online.

Does this mean I am in a position to send off these forms as well as book a medical?
No. it does not.

How can I find out where to get a medical?
By carefully reviewing the web page that YWFWT referred you to.

The forms from the US Immigration web page which I downloaded...they are official use right? They look like it.[/QUOTE]
Maybe. There is no "the US Immigration web page". Again, there are several US government agencies involved with the immigration process, each with it's own web pages. There are also private web sites offering visa information and forms that are not associated with the US government, some of which are designed to appear as though they are.