Awaiting AOS!

Old Apr 28th 2011, 3:21 am
Forum Regular

NashvilleBrit has much to be proud ofNashvilleBrit has much to be proud ofNashvilleBrit has much to be proud ofNashvilleBrit has much to be proud ofNashvilleBrit has much to be proud ofNashvilleBrit has much to be proud ofNashvilleBrit has much to be proud ofNashvilleBrit has much to be proud ofNashvilleBrit has much to be proud ofNashvilleBrit has much to be proud ofNashvilleBrit has much to be proud of
Red face Awaiting AOS!

Wow, it has been a while since I have needed some advice, but I never forgot about all of the useful people on here!

A quick recap about me, I left the UK on 20/10/2010 to start my new life in the USA! I got married on November 5th and couldn't be happier!

I have since, adopted a beautiful puppy (I would not have made it this far without her, she keeps me company on the lonely days when my husband is at work, or away on business) and have received my Work Authorization and Advanced Parole! All I am waiting for now is my AOS!

Oh, we also moved to a new house this past weekend and so I spent over an hour with an unhelpful lady at USCIS today, trying to update my new address. She did not listen to anything I was asking, and kept reading stuff from a script. (I too am capable of reading!)

Anyway, this brings me to my question. My Visa expiration date is 14Mar2011. Should I be worried about this. Should I have checked in somewhere while I am waiting for the AOS? (I know it may seem like a silly question, but those of you who may recognise my name, I was living in Thailand for a number of years, and had to register with immigration every 90 days)

Any help with this matter would be great, I just need to put my mind at rest.

Thanks.

Kim

PS, Sorry for waffling on so much at the start!
Old Apr 28th 2011, 4:08 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Awaiting AOS!

Nope, there is nothing you need to register while waiting for your AOS. Your K-1 visa expiration doesn't matter anymore, you've entered the USA, got married, and filed for AOS, your visa is no longer relevent.

Please DO make sure your address is current with USCIS, though, because if you moved too far away from your original address, your AOS interview will need to be somewhere else. Also you don't want to miss the AOS interview appointment letter!

Rene
Old Apr 28th 2011, 4:11 am
Forum Regular

NashvilleBrit has much to be proud ofNashvilleBrit has much to be proud ofNashvilleBrit has much to be proud ofNashvilleBrit has much to be proud ofNashvilleBrit has much to be proud ofNashvilleBrit has much to be proud ofNashvilleBrit has much to be proud ofNashvilleBrit has much to be proud ofNashvilleBrit has much to be proud ofNashvilleBrit has much to be proud ofNashvilleBrit has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Noorah101
Nope, there is nothing you need to register while waiting for your AOS. Your K-1 visa expiration doesn't matter anymore, you've entered the USA, got married, and filed for AOS, your visa is no longer relevent.

Please DO make sure your address is current with USCIS, though, because if you moved too far away from your original address, your AOS interview will need to be somewhere else. Also you don't want to miss the AOS interview appointment letter!

Rene
Thanks, all the change of address forms have been filled in, I tried to do the AR11 (change of addess form) online, but it wouldnt accept my visa expiration date and the woman on the phone obviously didn't have a scripted answer as to what I should input. hehe!

Thanks for the info! x
Old Apr 28th 2011, 4:30 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Wheretostart
Thanks, all the change of address forms have been filled in, I tried to do the AR11 (change of addess form) online, but it wouldnt accept my visa expiration date and the woman on the phone obviously didn't have a scripted answer as to what I should input. hehe!

Thanks for the info! x
AR-11 is only for Permanent Residents. You aren't one yet.

What "all" change of address forms have you filled in?

You should at least notify your old local office and your new local office (if it changed), in writing, of your address change. Wouldn't hurt to notify in writing to the address you submitted your AOS as well.

The sponsor also needs to fill out an I-865 to give a change of address.

Rene
Old Apr 28th 2011, 4:41 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Noorah101
AR-11 is only for Permanent Residents. You aren't one yet.

What "all" change of address forms have you filled in?

You should at least notify your old local office and your new local office (if it changed), in writing, of your address change. Wouldn't hurt to notify in writing to the address you submitted your AOS as well.

The sponsor also needs to fill out an I-865 to give a change of address.

Rene
Thanks, apparently as I am waiting on my AOS, I need to file to AR11, the website states this, and so did the woman on the phone.

My documents have been sent to California for final processing! (What a time to move huh!!) My husband is currently away on business, so I have his forms ready to sign and post when he gets home.
Old Apr 28th 2011, 5:18 pm

Thanks, apparently as I am waiting on my AOS, I need to file to AR11, the website states this, and so did the woman on the phone.
Thanks. Although I didn't see where it specifically says "AOS pending" need to file AR11 (either on the USCIS website or the AR-11 form), I do see that it says "all aliens", and there is a place to put "other", so you are right.

So if it won't let you do an AR-11 online, then print out the form and do a paper one in the mail. I still highly recommend notification in writing to all those other places I mentioned.

Rene
Old Apr 28th 2011, 5:45 pm

jeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond repute

Then in addition to the AR-11, write to the CSC to update your address for the I-485 case.

Good sign that the case has been sent to the CSC, by the way.

Regards, JEff

My documents have been sent to California for final processing!