Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

Available at short notice...does it mean anything?

Wikiposts

Available at short notice...does it mean anything?

Old May 12th 2004, 1:28 am
Forum Regular

ahiggs is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Available at short notice...does it mean anything?

London has had my I-130 for around two weeks now. Still no word, and they still haven't put it into their system. I wish i could forward time!
I am wondering though, when you tell them that you are available for interview at complete short notice, does it mean anything to them?
Old May 12th 2004, 1:32 am

katesuiter1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Available at short notice...does it mean anything?

Originally posted by ahiggs
London has had my I-130 for around two weeks now. Still no word, and they still haven't put it into their system. I wish i could forward time!
I am wondering though, when you tell them that you are available for interview at complete short notice, does it mean anything to them?
It might be worth emailing them to tentatively inquire on a possible interview date. This might speed them up a bit. You could also drop in the comment that you're available at short notice, as it can't hurt. From my own experience with London, as well as reading other people's, they seem to try to accommodate folk.

[email protected]

Kate. xxx
Old May 12th 2004, 1:41 am
Forum Regular

Originally posted by katesuiter1
It might be worth emailing them to tentatively inquire on a possible interview date. This might speed them up a bit. You could also drop in the comment that you're available at short notice, as it can't hurt. From my own experience with London, as well as reading other people's, they seem to try to accommodate folk.

[email protected]

Kate. xxx

I've emailed them twice, not a reply. I also wrote to them when sending them a DS-2001 (interview checklist) and stated I was available for short notice. I hope they don't get angry with me. But it's been 2yrs of hell, enough already!!
Old May 12th 2004, 1:46 am
Forum Regular

MMA2002 will become famous soon enough

call....that's how we got ours....just keep calling....

I've emailed them twice, not a reply. I also wrote to them when sending them a DS-2001 (interview checklist) and stated I was available for short notice. I hope they don't get angry with me. But it's been 2yrs of hell, enough already!!
Old May 12th 2004, 1:48 am
Living in Milwaukee, USA!

mcjimbo will become famous soon enough

Originally posted by katesuiter1

[email protected]

Kate. xxx
I don't think they are bothering to respond to emails on that address anymore. I'm still waiting for a response to an email I sent almost 2 week's ago.

I would recommend getting in touch, there contact details are here:

http://www.usembassy.org.uk/ukaddres.html

James
Old May 12th 2004, 1:50 am
Forum Regular

Originally posted by MMA2002
call....that's how we got ours....just keep calling....
Well, the only line you can call is a £1.30 per min one. Plus it's just a call centre in Glasgow. The people i'd really like to talk to I can't. I just hope they read emails letters.....appreciate your comment though, it probably is the best thing to do.
Old May 12th 2004, 1:54 am
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

TWO WEEKS ... this is just a few seconds in Immigration time
start thinking the space-time continuum...
Old May 12th 2004, 1:59 am
Forum Regular

Originally posted by ray6
TWO WEEKS ... this is just a few seconds in Immigration time
start thinking the space-time continuum...

After two years of this exhausting process, I know all too well. I have just seen other timelines, and London seems fast. Days, not weeks.
Old May 12th 2004, 10:51 am
Just me!

antjen has a reputation beyond reputeantjen has a reputation beyond reputeantjen has a reputation beyond reputeantjen has a reputation beyond reputeantjen has a reputation beyond reputeantjen has a reputation beyond reputeantjen has a reputation beyond reputeantjen has a reputation beyond reputeantjen has a reputation beyond reputeantjen has a reputation beyond reputeantjen has a reputation beyond repute

Im in exactly the same position as you - i filed my I130 2 weeks ago and havent heard anything back, i know they recieved it as my credit card payment went thru after about 3 days, will probably have to just ring them, let me know if you hear anything though, thanks!

Ant

Old May 12th 2004, 12:57 pm
Account Closed

Folinskyinla is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi:

A little attitude adjustment is in order -- the Consulate does NOT exist to facilitate entry into the United States.

Under the law, their job is to determine that "without doubt" that no grounds in inadmissiblity exist. Before then, the are NOT to issue a visa.

Please no comments that the government has a lower burden of proof in capital cases than YOU do to get a visa issued. The presumption is that aliens are to stay OUT with limited exceptions.
Old May 12th 2004, 1:06 pm
Forum Regular

Originally posted by Folinskyinla
Hi:

A little attitude adjustment is in order -- the Consulate does NOT exist to facilitate entry into the United States.

Under the law, their job is to determine that "without doubt" that no grounds in inadmissiblity exist. Before then, the are NOT to issue a visa.

Please no comments that the government has a lower burden of proof in capital cases than YOU do to get a visa issued. The presumption is that aliens are to stay OUT with limited exceptions.

Ok ok, no need to get touchy about it. All I wanted to know was if stating you are available at short notice for interview gets you anywhere.
Old May 12th 2004, 1:43 pm
Just me!

antjen has a reputation beyond reputeantjen has a reputation beyond reputeantjen has a reputation beyond reputeantjen has a reputation beyond reputeantjen has a reputation beyond reputeantjen has a reputation beyond reputeantjen has a reputation beyond reputeantjen has a reputation beyond reputeantjen has a reputation beyond reputeantjen has a reputation beyond reputeantjen has a reputation beyond repute

ok ok, it was just a simple question asked, how long would it take to get a reply or achknowledgement from the embassy!! - im in the same position myself, im not expecting to call them up and try to rush it through, just some idea of a timescale and some kind of reciept from our applications would be nice - so i dont really think any attitude adjustment is required.

Ant

Hi:

Old May 12th 2004, 2:30 pm
Account Closed

Folinskyinla is an unknown quantity at this point

Ok ok, no need to get touchy about it. All I wanted to know was if stating you are available at short notice for interview gets you anywhere.
Hi:

I'm not touchy at all on this one. All I am doing is counseling a little patience. It jsut that the applicant has, quite justifiably, a different POV than the government people.
Old May 12th 2004, 7:47 pm
Skyscrapered

Haggischomper has a spectacular aura aboutHaggischomper has a spectacular aura aboutHaggischomper has a spectacular aura about

For what it's worth, I got an email acknowledgement from them on the 11th in response to an email I sent earlier that day.
Old May 13th 2004, 12:18 am
Just me!

2 weeks after filing an application, waiting to recieve some sort of confirmation isnt unreasonable - its not like im expecting any type of completion date - but a simple letter to say they have recieved my application is not unreasonable in my opinion.

Ant

Hi:

I'm not touchy at all on this one. All I am doing is counseling a little patience. It jsut that the applicant has, quite justifiably, a different POV than the government people.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.