Australia do DCF???

Old Feb 17th 2003, 9:41 pm
Forum Regular

Girl is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Australia do DCF???

Does Australia currently do Direct Conular filing??? And will they do it if my husband is not a resident??
Old Feb 17th 2003, 10:16 pm
Pagan Sex God

Patrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Australia do DCF???

Originally posted by Girl
Does Australia currently do Direct Conular filing??? And will they do it if my husband is not a resident??
Yes

are you an Aussie? if not you won't be able to DCF - if you are an Aussie what are doing in Pompy

Patrick

http://www.usaimmigrationattorney.co...countries.html
Old Feb 17th 2003, 10:31 pm
Forum Regular

Originally posted by Patrick
Yes

are you an Aussie? if not you won't be able to DCF - if you are an Aussie what are doing in Pompy

Patrick

http://www.usaimmigrationattorney.co...countries.html
Patrick
I am a dual national and have been getting a right run around from attorney giving me the wrong advice. See thread page four, thread titled 'A right Old Mess'. Thats the whole story.
I was advised to come to England, although i haven't lived here since i was 18, because it's quicker here...because we were married in the states...I am getting SO confused.
Is it true That M and i could go to Sydney and sort this out in two months???
Please giv any insight you can. Ta
P.S Did Pomp win the match tonight??
Old Feb 17th 2003, 10:32 pm
Forum Regular

Patrick
I am a dual national and have been getting a right run around from attorney giving me the wrong advice. See thread page four, thread titled 'A right Old Mess'. Thats the whole story.
I was advised to come to England, although i haven't lived here since i was 18, because it's quicker here...because we were married in the states...I am getting SO confused.
Is it true That M and i could go to Sydney and sort this out in two months???
Please giv any insight you can. Ta
P.S Did Pomp win the match tonight??

Sorry actually look at thread about four below this...thats mine.
Old Feb 18th 2003, 12:06 pm
Pagan Sex God

Patrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond repute

One each but they still stay top!

I can't answer the question about syndey, I just know you don't have to be an Ausie resident to DCF.

The UK is normally easy but your husband has to be UK resident (which is really easy to obtain)

Patrick
Old Feb 19th 2003, 1:04 pm
Forum Regular

[Thanks Patrick.
I have been doing some research...i'm starting to feel like i want to just give up. This is so complicated ....
Old Feb 21st 2003, 8:31 am
Aussie Girl

Girl wrote in message news:...
    > Does Australia currently do Direct Conular filing??? And will they do it
    > if my husband is not a resident??

I am currently starting the DCF process through Sydney,I'm not sure
how it works if you are not a resident.......I have found the easiest
way to have questions answered is to fax them.I have looked at so many
other ways and believe me this is a zillion times the best.

Old Feb 21st 2003, 10:12 am
Forum Regular

desusa is an unknown quantity at this point

What fax no. do you use for the Sydney consulate?
Old Feb 21st 2003, 12:15 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks for the tip.
How long do you expect it to take?? And does your USC have to stay with you the whole time?? Or for just the end? Or the beginning?Do tell....oh and out of interest how come you guys are filing from there...did you get married in Aus??
Old Feb 21st 2003, 8:21 pm

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for the tip.
How long do you expect it to take?? And does your USC have to stay with you the whole time?? Or for just the end? Or the beginning?Do tell....oh and out of interest how come you guys are filing from there...did you get married in Aus??
Girl, not meaning to step on Aussie Girl's answer, but have you read thoroughly through http://k1.exit.com/dcf.html ?

The USC only has to appear for the I-130 filing for DCF. However, Sydney arranges everything ahead of time so that the process can be done in one Embassy visit.

There are lots of examples of Australian DCF here, too: http://www.kamya.com/interview/
Old Feb 24th 2003, 12:00 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks for the info.
I wante dto ask you about something you said a few threads back, about DCF not being applicable to us, because of my overstays...
If i get a visa waiver for my 'living there on a tourist visa', can't we then file DCF??
Do you know if that will complicate it in Aus?
What if we went back to our first plan and he came and lived here?
I've got to say this is really effecting our relarionship. The stress of it all. Is that normal??
One last thing, why did you suggest not filing yet if we were going to travel??
is that because the longer we wait, the less the problem of my 'living on visitor visa' would be?
Thanks thanks thanks.
i cannot tell you how glad i am that i found this site.
Old Feb 24th 2003, 12:01 pm
Forum Regular

hello???

I am currently starting the DCF process through Sydney,I'm not sure
how it works if you are not a resident.......I have found the easiest
way to have questions answered is to fax them.I have looked at so many
other ways and believe me this is a zillion times the best. [/QUOTE]
Old Feb 25th 2003, 2:47 am

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for the info.
I wante dto ask you about something you said a few threads back, about DCF not being applicable to us, because of my overstays...
If i get a visa waiver for my 'living there on a tourist visa', can't we then file DCF??
Do you know if that will complicate it in Aus?
What if we went back to our first plan and he came and lived here?
I've got to say this is really effecting our relarionship. The stress of it all. Is that normal??
One last thing, why did you suggest not filing yet if we were going to travel??
is that because the longer we wait, the less the problem of my 'living on visitor visa' would be?
Thanks thanks thanks.
i cannot tell you how glad i am that i found this site.
Hi Girl,
I said that DCF *may* not apply for you. I have absolutely no idea how you will present your case and how it will be accepted. You must file the initial papers before you'll know if you need a waiver.

If your husband wants to move over to UK, he will have to get a visa from the British Embassy in the US. You would then be able to file through the Embassy in London.

I'm sorry you're finding it affects your relationship. I can see where it might. Good time for some communication, IMO.

The reason for suggesting a wait on filing if you'll be traveling is not because it would reduce any repercussions from your using 2 passports to enter the US. The 2 of you may decide you don't want to live in the US, you don't know where you're going to file etc etc. Actually, I'm sure I had some good reason in mind when I said it, but I can't put my finger on it now.

Today's suggestion is that you download the various forms you're going to have to submit (over at the doc steen site you should find a good list) and start running through them. Perhaps when you see the info requested you'll get an idea of any problems you may come up against.
Old Feb 26th 2003, 6:00 pm
Forum Regular

A completely irrelevant question...are you a STEEN??
I am a STEEN.
Old Feb 27th 2003, 5:09 pm

A completely irrelevant question...are you a STEEN??
I am a STEEN.
Sorry, not a Steen and in no way related to or involved with the owner and/or webmistress of that site.

It is the website that was most helpful to me with DCF.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.