Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

August interview dates still not released

August interview dates still not released

Old Jul 6th 2017, 6:44 am
Forum Regular

Tawn26 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default August interview dates still not released

I've done some searching on the forum and it looks like interview dates are usually released on the 1st of the month before (i.e. The 1st July for August appointments) for immigrant visa interview appointments at London embassy. I've been checking multiple times a day for the last two weeks or so and there have been no August dates released whatsoever.

I know they aren't just full for every single appointment for the whole month because there's a thread from a month or so ago inquiring when they would be released as well.

Any ideas when they might actually be released or who I can contact to inquire? Has it ever gone this late before the next month was released that anyone here on the forum knows of?

Thanks!
Old Jul 6th 2017, 12:03 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: August interview dates still not released

Originally Posted by Tawn26
Any ideas when they might actually be released...
Nope! Some people have had success logging on to the system in the middle of the night when the servers are least busy.

... or who I can contact to inquire?
There's no one to contact. US Immigration works at its own pace... regardless of the inconvenience to others.

Has it ever gone this late before the next month was released that anyone here on the forum knows of?
Yes, it has - although, to be fair, it's been a while.

Ian
Old Jul 6th 2017, 12:50 pm
Just Joined

eduk84 is an unknown quantity at this point

Same issue for me, is some in July, but i have book medical for end of July so need to wait for August Appointment.
Old Jul 6th 2017, 12:53 pm
BE Forum Addict

tom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond repute

1st July was on a weekend and we've had 4th July between now and then. Things might be a little behind as a result.
Old Jul 6th 2017, 1:00 pm
Just Joined

very true, thankfully ahead of schedule so no panic on my end. Will keep an eye out for when they release them.
Old Jul 7th 2017, 6:25 am
Forum Regular

Still no August appointments released, and as it's now Friday I can't imagine them being released over the weekend so that pushes it to the 10th. 👎🏻 I am starting to worry a bit cause out medical is booked for the 7th August and now there is no new medical appointments where I can make the few they have left in July work so unless August gets released we are up the creek without a paddle.

Eduk84 if you see them online will you update here and I will as well?
Old Jul 7th 2017, 8:59 am
Just Joined

will do!
Old Jul 7th 2017, 2:01 pm
Deep in the woods of CT

Nutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond repute

Though they seem to be keeping the details very quiet, presumably for security reasons, I had read that the move into the new Embassy building was starting this month. Perhaps that could have something to do with a delay in issuing dates.
Old Jul 7th 2017, 3:15 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Why does the appointment have to be in August? You can always go in September can't you?

Most likely, the person responsible for putting up the appointment calendar is on vacation and will do so when they return. Or it is as Nutmegger mentioned. I know patience is hard to come by, but being pissed or frustrated isn't going to make it appear any faster. Enjoy the warm days of summer and have a cool drink.
Old Jul 7th 2017, 6:32 pm
Banned

Twinkle0927 has a reputation beyond reputeTwinkle0927 has a reputation beyond reputeTwinkle0927 has a reputation beyond reputeTwinkle0927 has a reputation beyond reputeTwinkle0927 has a reputation beyond reputeTwinkle0927 has a reputation beyond reputeTwinkle0927 has a reputation beyond reputeTwinkle0927 has a reputation beyond reputeTwinkle0927 has a reputation beyond reputeTwinkle0927 has a reputation beyond reputeTwinkle0927 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Nutmegger
Though they seem to be keeping the details very quiet, presumably for security reasons, I had read that the move into the new Embassy building was starting this month. Perhaps that could have something to do with a delay in issuing dates.
The move must be far behind schedule. When I had my interview last December they were saying that they would start moving in January and how I was "one of the last groups to be interviewed in the old building". I did think that was ambitious as we drove past the site of the new building on the way to the interview and there's no way it would be ready in January.
Old Jul 8th 2017, 5:59 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Rete
Why does the appointment have to be in August? You can always go in September can't you?
We were planning on a longer schedule but then from I-130 being posted to actually being approved and receiving LND # was 14 days! And we have All of our documents ready, so as our lease on our house is up the 14th of September we were keen on not having to find temporary living arrangements and be able to move over straight after. plus my husband has an operation coming up the beginning of September and will be bedridden for at least a week afterward so August is key x
Old Jul 8th 2017, 12:56 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

I'm sorry to hear that news about your husband. Crossing my fingers that the schedule comes up on Monday and that you can snag an appointment a few days after August 7th when you have your medical. Going to be a close for you but hoping you can get this worked out satisfactorily.
Old Jul 9th 2017, 7:41 pm
Forum Regular

suze2016 has a reputation beyond reputesuze2016 has a reputation beyond reputesuze2016 has a reputation beyond reputesuze2016 has a reputation beyond reputesuze2016 has a reputation beyond reputesuze2016 has a reputation beyond reputesuze2016 has a reputation beyond reputesuze2016 has a reputation beyond reputesuze2016 has a reputation beyond reputesuze2016 has a reputation beyond reputesuze2016 has a reputation beyond repute

hi all

i am in same position, trying to book visa interview. my medical appointment is 21st july and latest visa appointment date left is 25th july so not enough time in between for the results to be sent to embassy. On the site now and no appointments after this date.
anyone else have any luck booking for August yet? or should i just keep checking daily?
Thanks
Old Jul 9th 2017, 7:52 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by suze2016
hi all

i am in same position, trying to book visa interview. my medical appointment is 21st july and latest visa appointment date left is 25th july so not enough time in between for the results to be sent to embassy. On the site now and no appointments after this date.
anyone else have any luck booking for August yet? or should i just keep checking daily?
Thanks
You could always have the interview on July 25th, and if they don't have your medical results yet, they will just postpone issuing the visa until they receive the results. At least you'd have the interview part out of the way. Something to consider.

Rene
Old Jul 10th 2017, 8:41 am
Just Joined

August is Live!!! I've just booked.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.