Approved Yeeeeehaaa!!!

Old Jan 21st 2004, 4:08 pm
BE Enthusiast

whistlestop01 has a spectacular aura aboutwhistlestop01 has a spectacular aura aboutwhistlestop01 has a spectacular aura about
Default Approved Yeeeeehaaa!!! My experience is also here

Hi there guys and gallies,

I have just returned from London after having my K1 visa interview and medical. I not am a very proud owner of a visa in my passport and an x-ray lol.

Well it was so simple - you guys out there who have their interview coming up DONT WORRY!!!!

I stayed up at my sisters for the night as she lives not far from London and it was simpler to travel from there as my medical appointment was for 8am. I couldn't sleep for being nervous!

I turned up at this very posh doctor in Cumberland Place with a bunch of other peeps going thru the same process.

You get ushered in and told to read this document and told to put in your passport, a passport sized photo, your vaccination history and the questionnaire you have to fill in beforehand.

You are then told to wait till your name is called. I had to wait 75 mins to be called from entering the building.

When your name is called you go back to reception and they ask for your payment of £125.00 plus you sign your photograph on the front (not back) and sign a document.

You then go downstairs to another waiting room to be called yet again. (i waited around 20-25 mins to be called again). A nurse takes you into her room and gives you a blood test. Very painless so don't be nervous about needles!!

Again you wait (yes be prepared for waiting a long time) to be called again this time to strip down to your waist (including your bra and necklaces), you have to put on this white gown open frontwards and you go in for your chest x-ray. Harmless and the guy has a sense of humour!

After this you have to stay in your gown till the doctor ushers you in for your medical. He talks to you about what vaccinations you need and the deadline for when you have to have them. (You can have them done there but this costs) He takes your blood pressure and then lays you down on this couch. He prods your tummy, and yes your boobs!!!! There is a nurse there so dont worry about feeling nervous.

Once this is done you then get dressed and the guy with the sense of humour gives you your x-ray all rolled up so its easy to pack in your hand luggage.

WOOHOO MEDICAL DONE!!!

You then head towards the Embassy which is a 15 min walk and fortunately you don't have to queue as there is always a very long queue there. You just go to the head of the q and go in. There is security there so bags will be x-rayed and feet checked.

When you go into the Immigration department you head to Kiosk 1 where you show them your interview letter and then again you have to wait. I waited about 45 mins to be called up where you are told to give your passport, photos, police certificate, birth certificate, affidavit of support, one document from your fiance either from your work (which is what they asked from me) or a banks letter. They never asked for any more evidence eg., tax return, photos, passport stamps, airline ticket receipts etc but I would take them just in case cos each person has different experiences. I also had to sign a couple of documents.

Again I had to wait about 15 mins for the actual interview. This was very painless and was done by a very attractive man from Ohio!!! Damn I'm engaged!!!! He just asked me how, where and when did we meet and what does my fiance do for a living? Thats all he asked in questions about our lives. He then asked me to sign another document and voila. He said "CONGRATULATIONS".

The visa was ready 15 mins later and by 12.30pm I was outta that door with a huge smile on my face. Took me no time to call my fiance in Boston to say I AM APPROVED YEEEEEHAAAAAA!!!

So you guys it's not that nerve racking.

Good Luck to you all.

Gisela

Last edited by whistlestop01; Jan 21st 2004 at 4:33 pm.
Old Jan 21st 2004, 4:10 pm
WTF?

Leslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Approved Yeeeeehaaa!!!

Congratulations! Glad to hear it was painless for you.
Old Jan 21st 2004, 4:12 pm
Forum Regular

Dorceia is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by whistlestop01
Hi there guys and gallies,

I have just returned from London after having my K1 visa interview and medical. I not am a very proud owner of a visa in my passport and an x-ray lol.

Well it was so simple - you guys out there who have their interview coming up DONT WORRY!!!!

I stayed up at my sisters for the night as she lives not far from London and it was simpler to travel from there as my medical appointment was for 8am. I couldn't sleep for being nervous!

I turned up at this very posh doctor in Cumberland Place with a bunch of other peeps going thru the same process.

You get ushered in and told to read this document and told to put in your passport, a passport sized photo, your vaccination history and the questionnaire you have to fill in beforehand.

You are then told to wait till your name is called. I had to wait 75 mins to be called from entering the building.

When your name is called you go back to reception and they ask for your payment of £125.00 plus you sign your photograph on the front (not back) and sign a document.

You then go downstairs to another waiting room to be called yet again. (i waited around 20-25 mins to be called again). A nurse takes you into her room and gives you a blood test. Very painless so don't be nervous about needles!!

Again you wait (yes be prepared for waiting a long time) to be called again this time to strip down to your waist (including your bra and necklaces), you have to put on this white gown open frontwards and you go in for your chest x-ray. Harmless and the guy has a sense of humour!

After this you have to stay in your gown till the doctor ushers you in for your medical. He talks to you about what vaccinations you need and the deadline for when you have to have them. (You can have them done there but this costs) He takes your blood pressure and then lays you down on this couch. He prods your tummy, and yes your boobs!!!! There is a nurse there so dont worry about feeling nervous.

Once this is done you then get dressed and the guy with the sense of humour gives you your x-ray all rolled up so its easy to pack in your hand luggage.

WOOHOO MEDICAL DONE!!!

You then head towards the Embassy which is a 15 min walk and fortunately you don't have to queue as there is always a very long queue there. You just go to the head of the q and go in. There is security there so bags will be x-rayed and feet checked.

When you go into the Immigration department you head to Kiosk 1 where you show them your interview letter and then again you have to wait. I waited about 45 mins to be called up where you are told to give your passport, photos, police certificate, birth certificate, affidavit of support, one document from your fiance either from your work (which is what they asked from me) or a banks letter. They never asked for any more evidence eg., tax return, photos, passport stamps, airline ticket receipts etc but I would take them just in case cos each person has different experiences. I also had to sign a couple of documents.

Again I had to wait about 15 mins for the actual interview. This was very painless and was done by a very attractive man from Ohio!!! Damn I'm engaged!!!! He just asked me how, where and when did we meet and what does my fiance do for a living? Thats all he asked in questions about our lives. He then asked me to sign another document and voila. He said "CONGRATULATIONS".

The visa was ready 15 mins later and by 12.30pm I was outta that door with a huge smile on my face. Took me no time to call my fiance in Boston to say I AM APPROVED YEEEEEHAAAAAA!!!

So you guys it's not that nerve racking.

Good Luck to you all.

Gisela
Congratulations!!
Old Jan 21st 2004, 4:15 pm
BE Enthusiast

Location: Me - Illinois, USA / Husband - Palma de Mallorca, Spain
Michi is an unknown quantity at this point

Congratulations!! I'm glad everything went good for you
Old Jan 21st 2004, 4:16 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond repute

FANTASTIC NEWS!!! CONGRATS!!!!. Another import coming our way! Have a few drinks on me!
Old Jan 21st 2004, 4:57 pm
Graefaxe

Congratulations, Gisela!

Welcome to a new adventure. And you thought that you had done a lot of
waiting at the doctors, right?

"whistlestop01" <member18683@british_expats.com> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
    :

: Again you wait (yes be prepared for waiting a long time) to be called
    : again this time to strip down to your waist (including your bra and
    : necklaces), you have to put on this white gown open frontwards and you
    : go in for your chest x-ray. Harmless and the guy has a sense of humour!
    :
    :
    :
    : After this you have to stay in your gown till the doctor ushers you in
    : for your medical. He talks to you about what vaccinations you need and
    : the deadline for when you have to have them. (You can have them done
    : there but this costs) He takes your blood pressure and then lays you
    : down on this couch. He prods your tummy, and yes your boobs!!!! There
    : is a nurse there so dont worry about feeling nervous.

Hmmm, wonder if I can fake the diploma for that job...

Old Jan 21st 2004, 5:07 pm
BE Forum Addict

Karen D has much to be proud ofKaren D has much to be proud ofKaren D has much to be proud ofKaren D has much to be proud ofKaren D has much to be proud ofKaren D has much to be proud ofKaren D has much to be proud ofKaren D has much to be proud ofKaren D has much to be proud ofKaren D has much to be proud ofKaren D has much to be proud of
Default Re: Approved Yeeeeehaaa!!! My experience is also here

Excellent news, congratulations!

Glad to hear that it is still essentially a smooth ride through London. When ya comin' over?
Old Jan 21st 2004, 5:10 pm
BE Enthusiast

whistlestop01 has a spectacular aura aboutwhistlestop01 has a spectacular aura aboutwhistlestop01 has a spectacular aura about

Originally posted by Karen D
Excellent news, congratulations!

Glad to hear that it is still essentially a smooth ride through London. When ya comin' over?
1 March me thinks. My mum wants me here for her b'day on 28th Feb so I promised her I would otherwise I'd be gone tomorrow!!! lol
Old Jan 21st 2004, 5:17 pm
C.G.D.S

sibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond repute

Brilliant news. You must be thrilled.
Old Jan 21st 2004, 5:19 pm
Forum Regular

21stcenturylove is on a distinguished road

Congratulations! Pack up !!!
Old Jan 21st 2004, 5:20 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally posted by sibsie
Brilliant news. You must be thrilled.
I can't tell you how ecstatic I feel even tho I have a headache cos of the tension which wasn't necessary and I'm full with cold too not that I told the Docs in case they denied me (I know my paranoia was paramount I can tell you).

Rang my fiance immediately - even broke up a meeting he was in to tell him the news AS HE DID STATE HE DIDN'T WANT TO KNOW THRU A BL**DY ANSWERING MACHINE he was so happy and said you flying over on the next plane then??

I WISH!!! I want to see our new apartment he has rented out
Old Jan 21st 2004, 5:21 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally posted by 21stcenturylove
Congratulations! Pack up !!!
You will def be making a great move Sibsie!!! Where in Hawaii you moving to you lucky thing you!!!

I'm moving to FREEZING Boston tho I do love Boston!
Old Jan 21st 2004, 5:31 pm
Forum Regular

21stcenturylove is on a distinguished road

Originally posted by whistlestop01
You will def be making a great move Sibsie!!! Where in Hawaii you moving to you lucky thing you!!! I'm moving to FREEZING Boston tho I do love Boston!
To the Aloha Spirit of the Island of Oahu !!!
Old Jan 21st 2004, 5:34 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally posted by 21stcenturylove
To the Aloha Spirit of the Island of Oahu !!!
OOOOOOOOOOH Nice............I have been to Maui which was great. Wish I was there now on my honeymoon haa!! Can't afford it tho :'(
Old Jan 21st 2004, 5:34 pm
BE Forum Addict

dutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond repute

CONGRATULATIONS.............

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.