British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Marriage Based Visas (https://britishexpats.com/forum/marriage-based-visas-35/)
-   -   Approved I-751 (https://britishexpats.com/forum/marriage-based-visas-35/approved-i-751-a-380774/)

lil_tone76 Jun 22nd 2006 1:57 am

Approved I-751

Hi All:

I got a letter from the BCIS saying that I got approved, and that all I need to do is to go down to the local BCIS office (SF) to get my passport stamped, and get the new 10-year PR card. They didn't talk about setting up an appointment, nor did they talk about office hours. Is an appointment necessary or is this done on a walk-in basis?

Thx, in advance!

Lilian

hcj1440 Jun 22nd 2006 2:06 am

Re: Approved I-751

Originally Posted by lil_tone76
Hi All:

I got a letter from the BCIS saying that I got approved, and that all I need to do is to go down to the local BCIS office (SF) to get my passport stamped, and get the new 10-year PR card. They didn't talk about setting up an appointment, nor did they talk about office hours. Is an appointment necessary or is this done on a walk-in basis?

Thx, in advance!

Lilian

Was just at the SF office this morning -- seems like they take both appointments and non-appointments but appointments get in faster and have priority so you might as well make one. There should have been a sheet included with your I-751 approval which tells you about infopass appointments and new photo requirements -- at least there was in our approval letter.

cjcherri Jun 22nd 2006 2:27 am

So fast?
it looks that lil_tone76 has only been in the process for a short time (this april?) and it's only June today

curiousmelon Jun 22nd 2006 7:48 am

Congratulations, Lilian!!!
We are in the East Bay, and soon should be filing our I-751 too.
Great Luck to all of us!!!:)

Hi All:

Thx, in advance!

Lilian

DDL Jun 30th 2006 1:26 am

Hi All:

I got a letter from the BCIS saying that I got approved, and that all I need to do is to go down to the local BCIS office (SF) to get my passport stamped, and get the new 10-year PR card. They didn't talk about setting up an appointment, nor did they talk about office hours. Is an appointment necessary or is this done on a walk-in basis? Thx, in advance! Lilian

Many congratulations! We'll be filing our I-751 in just a few weeks ....

Denise