approved

Old Apr 15th 2004, 7:50 pm
cute as a button

Poppy33usa has a brilliant futurePoppy33usa has a brilliant futurePoppy33usa has a brilliant futurePoppy33usa has a brilliant futurePoppy33usa has a brilliant futurePoppy33usa has a brilliant future
Default approved

I got a letter from the St Louis office saying that our application for conditional residency has been approved...YEAHH! however it says that it can take a year to get the alien card and that if I want to travel before then I need to get a temp stamp. The letter didnt have an appointment date for this, as it was optional to get the stamp, so does this mean I can just walk in anytime and get my passport stamped? (they are open to the public Mon to Friday) ... plus how long are the temp stamps good for? I called the helpline and they said a year, however form past experience with them I know their info can be dodgy..info would be greatly appreciated from anyone that went thru St Louis, or has went thru something similar..thanks, Poppy
Old Apr 15th 2004, 8:01 pm
Forum Regular

Nobby is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: approved

Originally posted by Poppy33usa
I got a letter from the St Louis office saying that our application for conditional residency has been approved...YEAHH! however it says that it can take a year to get the alien card and that if I want to travel before then I need to get a temp stamp. The letter didnt have an appointment date for this, as it was optional to get the stamp, so does this mean I can just walk in anytime and get my passport stamped? (they are open to the public Mon to Friday) ... plus how long are the temp stamps good for? I called the helpline and they said a year, however form past experience with them I know their info can be dodgy..info would be greatly appreciated from anyone that went thru St Louis, or has went thru something similar..thanks, Poppy
Congrats..

The stamp is good for one year. By this time the card should arrive, but if it doesn't you can go and get the stamp renewed.

Thats what we were told yesterday.
Old Apr 15th 2004, 8:18 pm
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Poppy33usa
I got a letter from the St Louis office saying that our application for conditional residency has been approved...YEAHH! however it says that it can take a year to get the alien card
Thats good!! If they say it will take a year ..you will get it in 3 weeks ....its when they say 3 week its always a year...
Old Apr 15th 2004, 8:22 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by ray6
Thats good!! If they say it will take a year ..you will get it in 3 weeks ....its when they say 3 week its always a year...

OH NO !!!!!!!!!!!!

Ray you have gotten a tight grip on the workings of the USCIS. You have definitely been around this forum too long.

Rete
Old Apr 15th 2004, 8:38 pm
UK & US Citizen

ScousePete has a reputation beyond reputeScousePete has a reputation beyond reputeScousePete has a reputation beyond reputeScousePete has a reputation beyond reputeScousePete has a reputation beyond reputeScousePete has a reputation beyond reputeScousePete has a reputation beyond reputeScousePete has a reputation beyond reputeScousePete has a reputation beyond reputeScousePete has a reputation beyond reputeScousePete has a reputation beyond repute

No appointment necessary. Depending on the time and day (and location) you might have a few hours wait. Worth it in the end though.
Old Apr 15th 2004, 9:05 pm
cute as a button

Poppy33usa has a brilliant futurePoppy33usa has a brilliant futurePoppy33usa has a brilliant futurePoppy33usa has a brilliant futurePoppy33usa has a brilliant futurePoppy33usa has a brilliant future

brilliant thank you all so much...and I dont mind waiting for a few hours to get my passport stamped.. Im just happy knowing that Im actually going to get it at last Scotland here I come!!
thanks
Poppy
Old Apr 15th 2004, 9:14 pm
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Rete
OH NO !!!!!!!!!!!!
Ray you have gotten a tight grip on the workings of the USCIS. You have definitely been around this forum too long.
Rete
And never used a GIF yet...lol
Old Apr 15th 2004, 10:16 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by ray6
And never used a GIF yet...lol

hehehehe Me, either ;-) We are the oddballs !!!