Reload this Page >

AP sending an additinal documents

AP sending an additinal documents

Old Sep 19th 2015, 8:20 am
Just Joined

Hiwot is an unknown quantity at this point
Default AP sending an additinal documents

Hi all,
I would like to ask for anyone advise in the subject matter above please. I had my interview on 20th August 2015 and my interview was all okay however , I was given a 221g form at the end due to request of an additional doucment. I was requested to provide a notorised school letter stating my name ,date of birth and year of attendance. I was not born in the UK but I am a UK citizens therefore , I had to get the scool doucment from the country I was born as I went to elementary school there. I have submitted the required doucment on the 11th September via royal mail with my passport as the officer returned my passport with the form at the interview. I checked the CEAC website and it was changed that my documents were recieved on the 16th September. What my question is how long will it take the embassy to process this document and the CO officer said at the interview that if I provide the document and if they are happy with it I should get my passport back quick. I would like to ask if someone had the same experience where a school document was requested at the interview? Thank you for everyone in advance for all your assistance. Me and my husband are really worried with what the outcome will be.
Old Sep 19th 2015, 12:25 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: AP sending an additinal documents

There is no way of knowing how long it will take. I've never seen a case on this forum where a school document was requested. But I have seen others who were in AP eventually for approved. ..just a matter of time.

Rene
Old Sep 19th 2015, 5:45 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Hiwot
I had my interview...
An interview for what visa?

I have submitted the required doucment on the 11th September via royal mail with my passport as the officer returned my passport with the form at the interview.
Did the officer ask you to return your passport with the document?

What my question is how long will it take the embassy to process this document...
There's really no way to know.

I would like to ask if someone had the same experience where a school document was requested at the interview?
In my 13+ years on this forum, I don't recall seeing such a request.

Me and my husband are really worried with what the outcome will be.
The vast majority of people who submit the requested documents get the visa. It's nothing to worry about.

Ian
Old Sep 20th 2015, 9:00 am
Just Joined

Hello All,

Thank you for your kind responses. I had an interview for an immigrant visa and we all are shocked why I was requested a school doucment to proof my identity where I have provided a passport to verify that. One assumption I have is that, it is maybe because I have provided a late birth certificate as I lost the one I had since childhood but I might be wrong. The CO asked me to provide my passport with the document which I don't know whether it is a good thing or not. What I would like to ask anyone with previous experience is that how long did it take you to get an answer after AP?

Once again I would like to say thank you for all your assistance in advance.
Old Sep 20th 2015, 12:21 pm

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

..... Thank you for your kind responses. I had an interview for an immigrant visa .....
There are several types of "immigrant" visas. What is the visa type (e.g. CR-1) or basis e.g. sponsorship by a sibling or sponsorship by an employer? (There are several employer visa types, so if this, which one?)

Last edited by Pulaski; Sep 20th 2015 at 12:24 pm.
Old Sep 20th 2015, 12:23 pm
Just Joined

My husband is a green card holder so it is for spouse visa.
Old Sep 20th 2015, 12:25 pm

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

My husband is a green card holder so it is for spouse visa.
CR-1 or IR-1, or something else?
Old Sep 20th 2015, 12:29 pm
Just Joined

it is F2A-means petition for spouse of green card holder
Old Sep 20th 2015, 12:57 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Hiwot,

Everyone's experience with AP is different. As you read in this thread, we haven't seen your particular case on here before. .. but even if we did, that person's experience would be different from yours. There is no way to know how long your AP will take.

Pulaski, marriage to a green card holder will give either a CR-1 or IR-1, depending on length of marriage. In the OP's case, it won't matter. AP will take as long as it takes, either way.

Rene
Old Sep 20th 2015, 12:59 pm

it is F2A-means petition for spouse of green card holder
F2A is the preference category, not the class of visa. It will be an immigrant visa, either CR-1 or IR-1, depending on length of marriage. That is irrelevant to your AP question.

Rene

Last edited by Noorah101; Sep 20th 2015 at 1:11 pm.
Old Sep 20th 2015, 1:00 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Noorah101
Hiwot,

Everyone's experience with AP is different. As you read in this thread, we haven't seen your particular case on here before. .. but even if we did, that person's experience would be different from yours. There is no way to know how long your AP will take.

Pulaski, marriage to a green card holder will give either a CR-1 or IR-1, depending on length of marriage. In the OP's case, it won't matter. AP will take as long as it takes, either way.

Rene
Thank you Rene and all.

Last edited by Hiwot; Sep 20th 2015 at 1:02 pm.
Old Sep 20th 2015, 1:01 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Noorah101
F2A is the preference category, not the class of visa. Our will be an immigrant visa, either CR-1 or IR-1, depending on length of marriage. That is irrelevant to your AP question.

Rene
Apologies for the mistake and it is under CR-1.
Old Sep 20th 2015, 1:49 pm

Hi all,
I would like to ask for anyone advise in the subject matter above please. I had my interview on 20th August 2015 and my interview was all okay however , I was given a 221g form at the end due to request of an additional doucment. I was requested to provide a notorised school letter stating my name ,date of birth and year of attendance. I was not born in the UK but I am a UK citizens therefore , I had to get the school document from the country I was born as I went to elementary school there. .....
It sounds like they're looking for corroborating evidence that supports your birth certificate and that you really lived in the country you were born in for a number of years, but for what purpose I can't imagine, unless perhaps the country you are originally from has "high risk areas" and that you might have been exposed to extremist ideologies at school.
Old Sep 20th 2015, 1:57 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Pulaski
It sounds like they're looking for corroborating evidence that supports your birth certificate and that you really lived in the country you were born in for a number of years, but for what purpose I can't imagine, unless perhaps the country you are originally from has "high risk areas" and that you might have been exposed to extremist ideologies at school.
Thank you for your response and the country I was born in is not listed in the high risk country list therefore , I do not think that is the case however , I agree with the first suggestion as the CO at the end of the interview said she asked me for the doucment to verify my details.

Last edited by Hiwot; Sep 20th 2015 at 2:06 pm.
Old Oct 29th 2015, 2:23 pm
Just Joined

Hi All,

I hope you all are well.

I would like to ask for your assistance as I have been called for 2nd interview on 23rd November at 11.00am to Window 13 and I am a bit confused.

Can someone please share their experiences if you come across situation like this.

I am really stressed and in the letter I am not asked to provide any other document apart from photo ID.

When I had my interview, I was told that I just needed to submit the documents with my passport and wait for an answer however, it has all changed now and I do not know what to expect and do.

Your assistance in this matter will help.

Many thanks ,

Hiwot

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.