AOS Worry

Old Mar 29th 2004, 2:33 pm
Forum Regular

Pauljarv is an unknown quantity at this point
Default AOS Worry

I'm here on a K-1 visa and am putting together my AOS package of forms and am pretty sure we have or will have by the end of the day everything we need apart from one thing. For the life of us we can't find a "Fiance Petition Approval Notice". I don't know what we can do about that?

Common sense is telling me that as I have the actual visa then not having a notice you get before you get the visa saying the petition was approved for me to get the visa may not be the biggest problem but I know that common sense doesn't come into this process often!!!
Old Mar 29th 2004, 3:11 pm
BE Enthusiast

MarDae will become famous soon enough
Default Re: AOS Worry

Originally posted by Pauljarv
I'm here on a K-1 visa and am putting together my AOS package of forms and am pretty sure we have or will have by the end of the day everything we need apart from one thing. For the life of us we can't find a "Fiance Petition Approval Notice". I don't know what we can do about that?

Common sense is telling me that as I have the actual visa then not having a notice you get before you get the visa saying the petition was approved for me to get the visa may not be the biggest problem but I know that common sense doesn't come into this process often!!!
The approval notice is your NOA2. I think it's pretty important to have. Double and triple check for it.

Hope you can find it.

MarDae
Old Mar 29th 2004, 3:41 pm
Forum Regular

Originally posted by MarDae
The approval notice is your NOA2. I think it's pretty important to have. Double and triple check for it.

Hope you can find it.

MarDae
Well I've checked way more times than that and it's not here! I can't believe that not having a letter saying the petition was approved but having the actual visa counts for nothing!! Put it another way I can believe it but it's crazy!

Any suggestions on what to do now would be greatly appreciated. I arrived here on a K-1 on 28th Feb, am now married, have everything else I need otherwise.
Old Mar 29th 2004, 3:44 pm
Forum Regular

Well I've checked way more times than that and it's not here! I can't believe that not having a letter saying the petition was approved but having the actual visa counts for nothing!! Put it another way I can believe it but it's crazy!

Any suggestions on what to do now would be greatly appreciated. I arrived here on a K-1 on 28th Feb, am now married, have everything else I need otherwise.
Would there have been anything in the sealed envelope that I got after my interview in London? The guy at the airport took that from me.
Old Mar 29th 2004, 3:51 pm
BE Enthusiast

Would there have been anything in the sealed envelope that I got after my interview in London? The guy at the airport took that from me.
The only thing I can think of is calling the misinformation line. They might have a suggestion of somethinge else you could use (print out of online status, etc) I have no idea, but it's worth a try.

MarDae
Old Mar 29th 2004, 4:06 pm
Forum Regular

Originally posted by MarDae
The only thing I can think of is calling the misinformation line. They might have a suggestion of somethinge else you could use (print out of online status, etc) I have no idea, but it's worth a try.

MarDae
Thanks, I'll give it a go.
Old Mar 29th 2004, 4:16 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks, I'll give it a go.
Okay, I have found one thing, it is a letter stating that"The office is pleased to inform you that it can begin to process your fiance(e) visa case" then all the K-1 instructions are attached. I have a copy of all the forms that I sent off following that. I still don't think that's enough!

I haven't got the letter with my interview appointment date. I never got anything sent to me after the interview but I don't suppose I should have.
Old Mar 29th 2004, 4:25 pm
BE Enthusiast

Okay, I have found one thing, it is a letter stating that"The office is pleased to inform you that it can begin to process your fiance(e) visa case" then all the K-1 instructions are attached. I have a copy of all the forms that I sent off following that. I still don't think that's enough!

I haven't got the letter with my interview appointment date. I never got anything sent to me after the interview but I don't suppose I should have.
If you are the foreign fiance you wouldn't have received the NOA2, it would be something your USC fiance would have received right around the time your case was sent to the NVC. It's on the same paper that the initial NOA1 was sent on, at least ours was. Check with your fiance to see if they remember receiving it.

MarDae
Old Mar 29th 2004, 4:28 pm
Account Closed

Folinskyinla is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi:

Do you have the FIRST I-797 Reciept? If so, I would put in that notice and a print out of the on-line check showing approval. If you are really paranoid, do an I-824 and pay the extra fee.
Old Mar 29th 2004, 4:46 pm
Forum Regular

Originally posted by Folinskyinla
Hi:

Do you have the FIRST I-797 Reciept? If so, I would put in that notice and a print out of the on-line check showing approval. If you are really paranoid, do an I-824 and pay the extra fee.
I'll check but I think my fiancee (now wife) thought that we had the visa and threw some things away. I'm betting if she threw the 2nd one away then the first will have gone too!

I've been on to the USCIS website to check case status and using the one detailed on the letter stating that my visa case will be processed nothing comes up?

I'm not worried about the additional fee if we have to do the I-824, I think that will have to be done but I am worried about the time involved! I'm keen to be working as soon as possible. I'm not worried about how long I stay a "conditional resident" but will processing the I-824 form delay everything? I saw somewhere it takes 6 months to a year!

One more thing. I live in Boston and was going to send the package in there but the I-824 has to go to Vermont, am I better off sending everything there?
Old Mar 29th 2004, 6:27 pm
SUPER CRUNCHY BALCONY COW

Hypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond repute

I'll check but I think my fiancee (now wife) thought that we had the visa and threw some things away. I'm betting if she threw the 2nd one away then the first will have gone too!

I've been on to the USCIS website to check case status and using the one detailed on the letter stating that my visa case will be processed nothing comes up?

I'm not worried about the additional fee if we have to do the I-824, I think that will have to be done but I am worried about the time involved! I'm keen to be working as soon as possible. I'm not worried about how long I stay a "conditional resident" but will processing the I-824 form delay everything? I saw somewhere it takes 6 months to a year!

One more thing. I live in Boston and was going to send the package in there but the I-824 has to go to Vermont, am I better off sending everything there?

You can file for the EAD now and later on apply for AOS
Good Luck!
Old Mar 29th 2004, 6:32 pm
Forum Regular

Originally posted by Hypertweeky
Good Luck!
That's a relief! We have an appointment at 9 at the Boston District Office. I'm goingto put down a list of questions! Isn't there a date by when I must apply for AOS?
Old Mar 29th 2004, 6:35 pm

Hypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond repute

That's a relief! We have an appointment at 9 at the Boston District Office. I'm goingto put down a list of questions! Isn't there a date by when I must apply for AOS?

http://www.visajourney.com/faq/k1faq.htm#6.1

Old Mar 29th 2004, 6:44 pm

Good Luck!

Wait a minute.. You are a K1.. I don't know if you can file EAD and AOS separately, don't quote me on what I said.. Sorry!!
Old Mar 29th 2004, 7:07 pm
Forum Regular

Wait a minute.. You are a K1.. I don't know if you can file EAD and AOS separately, don't quote me on what I said.. Sorry!!
Damn! You had me feeling good for a second. It says on your link that I have 90 days to file for AOS or my visa expires. I'll be filing way before that but I don't know if it'll go through okay.

I'm a little annoyed that from all the items required we don't have 1 and it looks like it's the one that is the least important but takes the longest to get!! After all I have my passport with K-1 in it, birth cert, marriage cert, etc all official documents showing I've gone through the motions are in place apart from 1 form stating the the petition was approved! Even having the actual visa counts for nothing!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.