Aos From Vwp

Old Aug 22nd 2005, 7:32 am
I'm back!

Just Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Aos From Vwp

Fine, FB, you win. If you honestly think that I was directing any sort of rudeness or spitefulness towards Lavender when I clearly wasn't, then there is nothing I can say to change your mind.

Next time I'll simply follow Manc's suggestion -- provide a yes/no question with a yes/no answer. In this case, the answer to Lavender's question is NO since she is not yet married, so of course she can no adjust status. Happy now?

~ Jenney
Old Aug 22nd 2005, 7:38 am
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jenney & Mark
In this case, the answer to Lavender's question is NO since she is not yet married, so of course she can no adjust status.
Brilliant response! I wish I'd thought of it!

Ian
Old Aug 22nd 2005, 7:41 am
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by iniaki
The op wrote in her question asking ian not to reply. Gee, I wonder why she did that? I wonder how she knew that he was going to be rude and nasty.
Had she not invoked my name, I might have stayed out of this thread!

To his defense, he was actually not bad in this thread.
Hmm... I must remember to try harder next time!

Ian
Old Aug 22nd 2005, 7:41 am
Septicity

fatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond repute

Fine, FB, you win. If you honestly think that I was directing any sort of rudeness or spitefulness towards Lavender when I clearly wasn't, then there is nothing I can say to change your mind.

Next time I'll simply follow Manc's suggestion -- provide a yes/no question with a yes/no answer. In this case, the answer to Lavender's question is NO since she is not yet married, so of course she can no adjust status. Happy now?

~ Jenney

Thanks.
I will respect you for it.
Old Aug 22nd 2005, 7:46 am
@matthewb76

Manc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond repute

sure, but I bet we hear wedding bells before Sept 11th though
Old Aug 22nd 2005, 8:08 am

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

~ Jenney
I call 'BS' on that, Jenney. Your replies in this thread (and otherwise) were on target and accurate.

I see no reason that just because this has recently become fb's cause du jour that you, or anyone else, should have to change the way they give an accurate/truthful response. If fb or others want to monitor the group to champion VWP AOSers, they are welcome to it. I did the same for DCF cases when I started posting since that was my area of personal experience.
Old Aug 22nd 2005, 8:10 am
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by meauxna
I call 'BS' on that, Jenney. Your replies in this thread (and otherwise) were on target and accurate.

I see no reason that just because this has recently become fb's cause du jour that you, or anyone else, should have to change the way they give an accurate/truthful response. If fb or others want to monitor the group to champion VWP AOSers, they are welcome to it. I did the same for DCF cases when I started posting since that was my area of personal experience.

It has always been FB's cause de jour. Nothing new there. He is a prig and only shows his arse around here when he can start a rant. I'm had enough already.
Old Aug 22nd 2005, 8:11 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat099 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Manc
sure, but I bet we hear wedding bells before Sept 11th though
I can here them too, and I am in Mexico.

From reading this board you would think that K's etc are the main route.

From what I have gathered most people adjust in country from a non marriage type visa.

If you have issues, are uncomfortable with the paperworks, by all means see a Lawyer, but can not see that you would need one any more than say from a K1.

Why the big sweat? USCIS do not seem to have issues, only Marriage Immigration boards.

Speaking as one whose K took a week or so shorter than a year.
Old Aug 22nd 2005, 8:42 am
Forum Regular

Stina is just really niceStina is just really niceStina is just really niceStina is just really niceStina is just really niceStina is just really niceStina is just really niceStina is just really niceStina is just really nice

Just as a matter of interest, what do those who are opposed to AOS from VWP think about people who come on an F-1 and adjust? Or a J-1? Or in fact, any other kind of visa which is issued for a specific purpose other than getting married? Is that not also a violation of the basis on which they were given a visa and reduces their credability, as someone mentioned earlier?

Just curious.
Old Aug 22nd 2005, 8:56 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat099 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Stina
Just as a matter of interest, what do those who are opposed to AOS from VWP think about people who come on an F-1 and adjust? Or a J-1? Or in fact, any other kind of visa which is issued for a specific purpose other than getting married? Is that not also a violation of the basis on which they were given a visa and reduces their credability, as someone mentioned earlier?

Just curious.

aka - The Majority
Old Aug 22nd 2005, 9:04 am
Shocked of Redmond

nettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond repute

Just curious.
Or indeed the H-1B, which is a dual-intent visa. If anybody wants to have a go at me, I came in on an H-1B and adjusted though marriage to a USC from there...
Old Aug 22nd 2005, 9:18 am

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by nettlebed
Or indeed the H-1B, which is a dual-intent visa. If anybody wants to have a go at me, I came in on an H-1B and adjusted though marriage to a USC from there...
"Dual intent" pretty much explains the non-issue, doesn't it?

Not only is the VWP not dual-intent, it is a class that specifically calls for lack of imigrant intent at entry.
Old Aug 22nd 2005, 9:23 am
Boxer's are the Best

iniaki is just really niceiniaki is just really niceiniaki is just really niceiniaki is just really niceiniaki is just really niceiniaki is just really niceiniaki is just really niceiniaki is just really niceiniaki is just really nice

Just curious.
Excellent point.
Seems to me, from what I have read in this other posts on this board that only those adjusting from VW are the "bad" ones. Unbelievable.

And so the drama continues.
Old Aug 22nd 2005, 9:28 am

Originally Posted by iniaki
Excellent point.
Seems to me, from what I have read in this other posts on this board that only those adjusting from VW are the "bad" ones. Unbelievable.

And so the drama continues.

Again, I call BS. If someone applies for/receives an F-1 *with the preconceived intent of marrying and adjusting* they are doing the same thing (worse maybe, as it would involve a lie on the application or to the ConOff).

I don't know if those terms also apply to a J.

The VWP discussion issue is intent at entry. Period.
Old Aug 22nd 2005, 9:56 am
Shocked of Redmond

nettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by meauxna
"Dual intent" pretty much explains the non-issue, doesn't it?
Well, does it? (I was actually angling for a comment of the sort you made ) Is the immigration intent nominally applicable to AOS through employment, or does it apply to immigration intent through marriage to a USC? Is intent considered by USCIS to be "separable" in that way? My attorney couldn't say for sure. I actually entered on the H-1B intending to adjust through later marriage to a USC, and my attorney was happy that that wasn't an abuse of the system.
Not only is the VWP not dual-intent, it is a class that specifically calls for lack of imigrant intent at entry.
Of course, and if intent can be established, you are potentially in a world of hurt since by using the VWP, as several people pointed out, you waive all rights to appeal...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.