Wikiposts

AOS update

Old Dec 29th 2009, 8:42 am
Questy Questionson

agentpeppermint has a reputation beyond reputeagentpeppermint has a reputation beyond reputeagentpeppermint has a reputation beyond reputeagentpeppermint has a reputation beyond reputeagentpeppermint has a reputation beyond reputeagentpeppermint has a reputation beyond reputeagentpeppermint has a reputation beyond reputeagentpeppermint has a reputation beyond reputeagentpeppermint has a reputation beyond reputeagentpeppermint has a reputation beyond reputeagentpeppermint has a reputation beyond repute
Default AOS update

Hi there to anyone who remembers me!

So to give a lil update...

We left NY in July and came to Montana ( did not file AR-11 because the living situation in NY was not perm and only temp and immigration lawyer said we didnt have to )

Anyways... we filed the papers today minues the i-693 ( james was admitted into the US on 4/22/2009 on k-1 fiancee visa) which has obviously expired.

Things got hectic, and we got caught up in life, my SIL passed away, we bought a house, I'm working 3 jobs, UKC Hubby adopted my two oldest children...

I am sending off the AOS papers today, fastest way possible, we didn't get the I-693 done because there are no civil surgeons within 220 miles...but today, 2 more appeared on the list in the same city as us, they cant get him in to sign the i-693 til feb 12th. I did include a letter with the AOS stating this information and hope it will be ok... anyone have any experience filing a late AOS?

will they RFE me?

we included everything we needed and then some....i feel like such an idiot for filing late but time slipped away, will this be bad for us?

he has not been in past 180 days of his visa expiration....
Old Dec 29th 2009, 9:11 am

jeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: AOS update

ap,

Originally Posted by agentpeppermint
I am sending off the AOS papers today, fastest way possible, we didn't get the I-693 done because there are no civil surgeons within 220 miles...but today, 2 more appeared on the list in the same city as us, they cant get him in to sign the i-693 til feb 12th. I did include a letter with the AOS stating this information and hope it will be ok... anyone have any experience filing a late AOS?

will they RFE me?
If they do, that's when you send the I-693.

we included everything we needed and then some....i feel like such an idiot for filing late but time slipped away, will this be bad for us?

he has not been in past 180 days of his visa expiration....
The visa expiring is not important. How many days has it been since the I-94 expired?

Regards, JEff
Old Dec 29th 2009, 9:12 am
Questy Questionson

agentpeppermint has a reputation beyond reputeagentpeppermint has a reputation beyond reputeagentpeppermint has a reputation beyond reputeagentpeppermint has a reputation beyond reputeagentpeppermint has a reputation beyond reputeagentpeppermint has a reputation beyond reputeagentpeppermint has a reputation beyond reputeagentpeppermint has a reputation beyond reputeagentpeppermint has a reputation beyond reputeagentpeppermint has a reputation beyond reputeagentpeppermint has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jeffreyhy
ap,

If they do, that's when you send the I-693.

The visa expiring is not important. How many days has it been since the I-94 expired?

Regards, JEff
I put it at 180 days on Jan 21st

His i-94 expired on july 21st so we're filing the AOS just within the 180 days
Old Dec 29th 2009, 9:17 am

jeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond repute

ap,

I'd put it at Jan 17 if he entered on Apr 22, still good enough.

Cheers, JEff

I put it at 180 days on Jan 21st

His i-94 expired on july 21st so we're filing the AOS just within the 180 days
Old Dec 29th 2009, 10:27 am
Questy Questionson

Originally Posted by jeffreyhy
ap,

I'd put it at Jan 17 if he entered on Apr 22, still good enough.

Cheers, JEff

I suck at math Thank you, I didnt even KNOW we had 180 days until deportation could happen... Shows what I get for not sticking around the forums!
Old Dec 29th 2009, 10:28 am
Questy Questionson

forms have been sent and arrive tomorrow before noon time!!

now the waiting and the not knowing starts again
Old Dec 29th 2009, 11:24 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

I suck at math Thank you, I didnt even KNOW we had 180 days until deportation could happen... Shows what I get for not sticking around the forums!
As long as you were married within the first 90 days of his arrival on the K-1, you are fine. The AOS does not have to be filed within any certain amount of time, but usually the sooner the better.

Regarding the medical...If it has been more than 1 year since he had his medical overseas for the K-1 visa, he will need a whole new medical done. If it's been less than 1 year, he will just need the vaccination transcription done. Either way, you'll need to wait for the RFE from USCIS to proceed.

Rene
Old Dec 29th 2009, 11:53 am
Questy Questionson

Originally Posted by Noorah101
As long as you were married within the first 90 days of his arrival on the K-1, you are fine. The AOS does not have to be filed within any certain amount of time, but usually the sooner the better.

Regarding the medical...If it has been more than 1 year since he had his medical overseas for the K-1 visa, he will need a whole new medical done. If it's been less than 1 year, he will just need the vaccination transcription done. Either way, you'll need to wait for the RFE from USCIS to proceed.

Rene
His medical was done Feb 18th 2008 his appointment is Feb 12th... talk about cutting it close!

The docs that have just opened up local, arent set up yet so they dont understand why USCIS is reporting them as available, I am just thankful I dont have to go 220 miles to have a peice of paper signed.... RFE'd just buys us a little more time, weather in montana is unpredictable and Im worried we will have bad weather and bad roads...

now as for the biometrics...where can i find out that those are done?
Old Dec 29th 2009, 12:09 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

His medical was done Feb 18th 2008 his appointment is Feb 12th... talk about cutting it close!
Hmmm. Is his appointment for a full medical again? Or just the vaccination translation (supplement thingy)?

now as for the biometrics...where can i find out that those are done?
www.uscis.gov. Look for a section for Field Office locations. Look for an ASC office near you.

Rene
Old Dec 29th 2009, 1:29 pm

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

Hi there to anyone who remembers me!
Hi! I was reading a book with a character in Montana & thinking about you guys! Hope you had a beautiful summer there.. and don't freeze too bad this winter!
I've been wondering what happened to you, so thanks for the update!

If your husband had completed all his vaccines with his visa medical, he might not even get an RFE for the I-693.
Old Dec 29th 2009, 6:19 pm
Questy Questionson

Noorah, I explained to them that it was just for the vaccination supplement, on his vac doc sheet the doc mentioned a possible waiver because almost all of the shots weren't age appropriate. But the place that is doing the medical thing, was just certified, so i think we are thier first appointment by the way the lady was talking, i told her he doesnt need a full medical, just the supplement..but i dont think they understood me, so I will explain it all to them again when we go....did i mention this is a community health clinic? the appointment is only 10 dollars
Old Dec 29th 2009, 6:23 pm
Questy Questionson

Originally Posted by meauxna
Hi! I was reading a book with a character in Montana & thinking about you guys! Hope you had a beautiful summer there.. and don't freeze too bad this winter!
I've been wondering what happened to you, so thanks for the update!

If your husband had completed all his vaccines with his visa medical, he might not even get an RFE for the I-693.

the summer was good! we bought our first house the end of summer and the winter was made perfect when 3 days before xmas, the judge signed the papers allowing my husband to adopt my two older boys!!!

all his vaccines are done, as i said to noorah, the knightsbridge doc noted he might qualify for a waiver, so i really hope an rfe wont need to happen!

if i have forgotten ANYTHING with the aos and ead, will they notify me?
Old Dec 30th 2009, 12:48 am
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Yes, they will RFE you if anything is missing. No fears on that part.

Congratulations on a successful move and all those wonderful events in your lives. Sounds like a new family has emerged with your marriage.
Old Dec 30th 2009, 2:50 am

ap,

Me too, so I use an Excel spreadsheet to do it for me. Only 2 cells needed for this one, very quick and easy.

This is not about deportation, it's about being eligible to get back in again after leaving - whatever the reason for leaving.

Regards, JEff

Old Dec 30th 2009, 2:52 am

Maybe.

Then again, maybe not.

Regards, JEff

Originally Posted by Noorah101
Regarding the medical... If it's been less than 1 year, he will just need the vaccination transcription done.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.