AOS today in Boston

Old Feb 26th 2004, 11:17 pm
Forum Regular

jockgurl is an unknown quantity at this point
Default AOS today in Boston

Well today was the day.It went real smooth,very easy.Our appointment was at 3pm but the letter said show up an hour early so we did.We sat in the waiting room till 4pm before we were called.We were asked for the three years tax returns.Then she asked us what evidence we would like to give her to show we were living together.I gave her 2 bills in joint names,1 piece of junk mail with daves name on it and a copy of our bank statement in joint names.She asked where I worked and if I had any pay stubbs,Then asked Dave for the same.She asked if we had filed joint taxes this year (which we had and Id taken them with us too).She asked if Dave was on my health insurance,which he isnt cos his work offers a single plan free to employees,she was ok with that.Then asked if we owned or rented our home together.I said no as the mortgage is in mine and my ex husbands name,she was ok with that too.She kept the tax transcripts but returned everything else.Then she took the I-94 arrival/departure record out Daves passport and informed us there would be no stamp in the passport today as they had to complete security checks but said we would receive a letter in the mail in about 30 days telling Dave when to show up for his stamp and that the green card would be in the mail about 30 days after that.We were out of there in about 15 mins,so all in all it was not in the least painful.Now its back to the waiting game for the actual stamp.
Old Feb 27th 2004, 1:12 am
Just Joined

RebeccaTreat is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: AOS today in Boston

Thanks for telling your story. My husband and I have our interview next Wednesday in Boston and I can only hope it goes as smoothly as yours did.

Regards, R & K
Old Mar 3rd 2004, 7:58 am
Forum Regular

natalija is an unknown quantity at this point

Did she asked for vaccination supplement during the Intervew??
Thank you
Originally posted by jockgurl
Well today was the day.It went real smooth,very easy.Our appointment was at 3pm but the letter said show up an hour early so we did.We sat in the waiting room till 4pm before we were called.We were asked for the three years tax returns.Then she asked us what evidence we would like to give her to show we were living together.I gave her 2 bills in joint names,1 piece of junk mail with daves name on it and a copy of our bank statement in joint names.She asked where I worked and if I had any pay stubbs,Then asked Dave for the same.She asked if we had filed joint taxes this year (which we had and Id taken them with us too).She asked if Dave was on my health insurance,which he isnt cos his work offers a single plan free to employees,she was ok with that.Then asked if we owned or rented our home together.I said no as the mortgage is in mine and my ex husbands name,she was ok with that too.She kept the tax transcripts but returned everything else.Then she took the I-94 arrival/departure record out Daves passport and informed us there would be no stamp in the passport today as they had to complete security checks but said we would receive a letter in the mail in about 30 days telling Dave when to show up for his stamp and that the green card would be in the mail about 30 days after that.We were out of there in about 15 mins,so all in all it was not in the least painful.Now its back to the waiting game for the actual stamp.
Old Mar 3rd 2004, 4:01 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Congratulations.

May I, as a representative of the newsgroup, ask that you post (you can cut and paste) your experience to the "official experience pages"

We are sadly in need of current experiences and I have been lacked in asking people to do this.

Your help is greatly appreciated.

http://www.kamya.com/interview/intro.html

Rete

Originally posted by jockgurl
Old Mar 3rd 2004, 10:14 pm
Forum Regular

jockgurl is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by Rete
Congratulations.

May I, as a representative of the newsgroup, ask that you post (you can cut and paste) your experience to the "official experience pages"

We are sadly in need of current experiences and I have been lacked in asking people to do this.

Your help is greatly appreciated.

http://www.kamya.com/interview/intro.html

Rete

Ok submitted as requested
Maina