Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

AOS--time from fingerprinting day until interview?

AOS--time from fingerprinting day until interview?

Old Aug 17th 2002, 5:19 pm
Harley Baldwin

Default AOS--time from fingerprinting day until interview?

I realize that there is no definitive "formula" when it comes to predicting AOS
interviews, but we filed the I-485 with Santa Ana (CA) Office in early June ( got
"cash-register" receipt dated 6/06/02),and we just had her fingerprints done TODAY (
on a Saturday, no less!) after receiving the fingerprinting appointment letter...

So, with that in mind, is there a way to "estimate" WHEN the actual AOS interview
will occur?

TIA, HB

Old Aug 17th 2002, 5:48 pm
paul

Default Re: AOS--time from fingerprinting day until interview?

Hi Harley, I have beem waiting since march 2001 to hear anything from the ins this
week i got 2 letters, first one was my appointemnt for fingerprints which is sat 24th
the 2nd letter was my AOS interview date which is going to be on sept 5th dunno if
this helps you but GoodLuck!

-

"Harley Baldwin" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
    > I realize that there is no definitive "formula" when it comes to predicting AOS
    > interviews, but we filed the I-485 with Santa Ana (CA) Office in early June ( got
    > "cash-register" receipt dated 6/06/02),and we just had her fingerprints done TODAY
    > ( on a Saturday, no less!) after receiving the fingerprinting appointment letter...
    > So, with that in mind, is there a way to "estimate" WHEN the actual AOS interview
    > will occur?
    > TIA, HB

Old Aug 17th 2002, 9:47 pm
Kim R.

I filed I-485 in March and heard back from them about 3 weeks later. My fingerprints
were taken in early June and my AOS interview is scheduled for January '03. I got my
interview date in the package they sent to me with the fingerprint info. FWIW, I
filed with the Arlington, VA office.

--
Kim R.

Harley Baldwin <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
    > I realize that there is no definitive "formula" when it comes to predicting AOS
    > interviews, but we filed the I-485 with Santa Ana (CA) Office in early June ( got
    > "cash-register" receipt dated 6/06/02),and we just had her fingerprints done TODAY
    > ( on a Saturday, no less!) after receiving the fingerprinting appointment letter...
    > So, with that in mind, is there a way to "estimate" WHEN the actual AOS interview
    > will occur?
    > TIA, HB

Old Aug 18th 2002, 6:00 pm
Jennifer Bensaid

HB, My husband was fingerprinted in early or mid-January '02, then we had our
interview on February 5th! Our interview notice was received less than 3 weeks from
our scheduled interview date. We filed in the relatively-new Santa Ana office in
Orange County, CA. It is an awesome, efficient (!) office, & really fast.

-JB

Old Aug 18th 2002, 7:12 pm
Moretakitty

For us in Tucson, on the 22 of this month, I had my fingerprints done and on the same
day, received my appointment for the interview for the 5th of next month. Very fast!

"Jennifer Bensaid" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]
com
    > HB, My husband was fingerprinted in early or mid-January '02, then we had our
    > interview on February 5th! Our interview notice was received less than 3 weeks
    > from our scheduled interview date. We filed in the relatively-new Santa Ana office
    > in Orange County, CA. It is an awesome, efficient (!) office, & really fast.
    > -JB

Old Aug 18th 2002, 8:57 pm
Forum Regular

Harry is a jewel in the roughHarry is a jewel in the roughHarry is a jewel in the roughHarry is a jewel in the rough

Hope this helps...in a general sort of way, as it seems to totally depend on which office you are using:

5/17/02 Filed AOS by mail to Dallas INS (from K1)
8/02/02 Fingerprinting
8/28/02 AOS interview.

-Harry
Old Aug 18th 2002, 11:11 pm
fat
Forum Regular

fat is an unknown quantity at this point

Filed AOS in Newark 03/17/02

Fingerprinting Newark 05/27/02

AOS interview Newark 07/29/02

(Successful interview,though case officer said I was very fortunate as most people are not being fully approved as there is a backlog on the security clearances)