Reload this Page >

AOS at San Diego with questions

AOS at San Diego with questions

Old Jan 7th 2004, 3:53 pm
Forum Regular

stephon113 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default AOS at San Diego with questions

Hello all,
I am in the process of gathering my papers together to file AOS. Two questions that came across my mind are SS# and Alien Regristation number. For SS#, still waiting from Social Security Administration to approve since name was not in the system when apply. Also, how do I know if I am already have Alien Registration or not? Can I still file AOS while still waiting for SSN? Please help
Old Jan 7th 2004, 4:03 pm

katesuiter1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: AOS at San Diego with questions

Originally posted by stephon113
Hello all,
I am in the process of gathering my papers together to file AOS. Two questions that came across my mind are SS# and Alien Regristation number. For SS#, still waiting from Social Security Administration to approve since name was not in the system when apply. Also, how do I know if I am already have Alien Registration or not? Can I still file AOS while still waiting for SSN? Please help
Yes, you can still file without an SSN. In the box that asks for it, just put "None as Yet", and that should be okay.

As for the Alien Registration number, I don't ever recall filling that out, and I've had no problems so far. Maybe someone else can step in here.

Kate. xxxxx
Old Feb 11th 2004, 10:52 pm
Just Joined

jaja is an unknown quantity at this point

stephon113:
Have you filed your I-485 in San Diego? if you already did , would you mind to tell me how long you waited to get your EAD ?

Thanks

JaJa

Hello all,
Old Feb 11th 2004, 11:20 pm
Forum Regular

Jaja
got EAD on the same day.
Old Feb 11th 2004, 11:37 pm
Account Closed

Folinskyinla is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello all,
Hi:

On the A# and the SSN questions, if you don't have one yet -- my practice to put in a dash ["--"] so the question is not blank -- but it lets the number be insterted by hand at a later time in a nice neat fashion.
Old Feb 12th 2004, 1:23 am
Just Joined

jaja is an unknown quantity at this point

stephon113 :
thanks for sharing information!!

jaja

Jaja
got EAD on the same day.
Old Feb 12th 2004, 2:25 am
Forum Regular

London2ATL is an unknown quantity at this point

how did you get EAD on same day as filing I485?? I'm confused now. I'm about to file my EAD papers with my AOS papers and I thought they all took time to process? IE I won't get my SSN for a couple of months?

Jaja
got EAD on the same day.
Old Feb 12th 2004, 2:55 pm
Forum Regular

Originally posted by London2ATL
how did you get EAD on same day as filing I485?? I'm confused now. I'm about to file my EAD papers with my AOS papers and I thought they all took time to process? IE I won't get my SSN for a couple of months?

My type of visa is K-1.
Old Feb 12th 2004, 8:24 pm
Forum Regular

timesup is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by London2ATL
Some offices will do an EAD same day if filing in person. My hubby got his EAD same day in Portland, OR. Then about a week or two later applied for a SSN and got the card a couple weeks after that.

I believe my husband said that the person in Portland was not sure if they could do EAD same day for him because they didn't think he had an A-Number, but once they saw his alien registration number they said they could do it. He filed the papers in the morning and came back in the afternoon at the time they'd given and they did a fingerprint and picture and then handed out the card about 15 minutes later.