AOS Questions

Old Mar 10th 2017, 12:17 am
BE Forum Addict

BenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: AOS Questions

Mailed off our response to the RFE on Monday (we sent in the exact same I-864, with a fresh signature and signing date. 2013, 2014, 2015 and 2016 W2's and six months of payslips).

USCIS case status just updated to response received so fingers crossed the ball starts rolling again and they don't need anything else from us!
Old Mar 21st 2017, 2:41 pm
BE Forum Addict

BenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond repute

Checked online last night, case tracker is now showing that I'm ready to be scheduled for a interview.

Thanks for the responses with regards to our RFIE. It was definitely a moment of panic!
Old Mar 21st 2017, 3:53 pm
BE Forum Addict

tom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BenK91
Checked online last night, case tracker is now showing that I'm ready to be scheduled for a interview.

Thanks for the responses with regards to our RFIE. It was definitely a moment of panic!
Awesome! I'm still on fingerprint fee received.
Old Mar 21st 2017, 4:09 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by tom169
Awesome! I'm still on fingerprint fee received.
Oh really? I thought you were already at that stage!

I'm in Raleigh at the end of May for my wife's brothers graduation.. if it's near you we'll have to grab a beer!
Old Mar 21st 2017, 4:30 pm
BE Forum Addict

tom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond repute

Oh really? I thought you were already at that stage!
Nope. Charlotte is pretty backlogged so who knows how long it will take. The only thing that is annoying me right now is these days aren't contributing to my 3yr for citizenship.

I'm in Raleigh at the end of May for my wife's brothers graduation.. if it's near you we'll have to grab a beer!
Sure, give me a shout nearer the time! It's a few hours away, but have some family there and so could make it happen.
Old Mar 21st 2017, 4:39 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by tom169
Nope. Charlotte is pretty backlogged so who knows how long it will take. The only thing that is annoying me right now is these days aren't contributing to my 3yr for citizenship.

Sure, give me a shout nearer the time! It's a few hours away, but have some family there and so could make it happen.
We were told Denver was really backlogged. Using the USCIS website it shows that field office is processing I-485's from April 2016 so sadly it looks like we'll still be waiting a while.
Old Mar 21st 2017, 5:31 pm
Sasstronaut

livinginnyc has a reputation beyond reputelivinginnyc has a reputation beyond reputelivinginnyc has a reputation beyond reputelivinginnyc has a reputation beyond reputelivinginnyc has a reputation beyond reputelivinginnyc has a reputation beyond reputelivinginnyc has a reputation beyond reputelivinginnyc has a reputation beyond reputelivinginnyc has a reputation beyond reputelivinginnyc has a reputation beyond reputelivinginnyc has a reputation beyond repute

Awesome Ben, that's great news! congrats!

My interview was waived (just got straight approved), so I'd be really interested to hear what kind of questions they ask when you go up for one!
Old Mar 21st 2017, 6:11 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by livinginnyc
Awesome Ben, that's great news! congrats!

My interview was waived (just got straight approved), so I'd be really interested to hear what kind of questions they ask when you go up for one!
I'd be lying if I said I wasn't disappointed that the interview wasn't waived but we're in a 100% genuine relationship with plenty of proof so I'm not too concerned!
Old Mar 21st 2017, 6:20 pm
BE Forum Addict

It can be waived at any point in the process, so don't get your hopes up on an interview
Old Mar 22nd 2017, 2:55 pm
Sasstronaut

livinginnyc has a reputation beyond reputelivinginnyc has a reputation beyond reputelivinginnyc has a reputation beyond reputelivinginnyc has a reputation beyond reputelivinginnyc has a reputation beyond reputelivinginnyc has a reputation beyond reputelivinginnyc has a reputation beyond reputelivinginnyc has a reputation beyond reputelivinginnyc has a reputation beyond reputelivinginnyc has a reputation beyond reputelivinginnyc has a reputation beyond repute

I'd be lying if I said I wasn't disappointed that the interview wasn't waived but we're in a 100% genuine relationship with plenty of proof so I'm not too concerned!
Oh of course! We were expecting the worst but hoping for the best - but it literally went from 0 updates for *months* through to approved. So we actually inquired to check and make sure we weren't in for a nasty shock later down the line (yay for infopass).

Even if you do have to pop in, I wouldn't take it personally or as a reflection on USCIS's view on your relationship, just that you for whatever reason got checked.

They made me go in for biometrics twice for my green card. I guess I'm just a shady person also they forgot to get the prints of my entire left hand.
Old Mar 23rd 2017, 4:58 am
Forum Regular

Smartyy has a reputation beyond reputeSmartyy has a reputation beyond reputeSmartyy has a reputation beyond reputeSmartyy has a reputation beyond reputeSmartyy has a reputation beyond reputeSmartyy has a reputation beyond reputeSmartyy has a reputation beyond reputeSmartyy has a reputation beyond reputeSmartyy has a reputation beyond reputeSmartyy has a reputation beyond reputeSmartyy has a reputation beyond repute

Congrats Ben!

I am still sat on fingerprint fee received but I'm hoping for a waiver.

Is there a way of telling which field office you're at? I assume its the one in the state but I cannot be sure. They're still processing from May 2016 here in Boise!
Old Mar 23rd 2017, 5:35 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Smartyy
Congrats Ben!

I am still sat on fingerprint fee received but I'm hoping for a waiver.

Is there a way of telling which field office you're at? I assume its the one in the state but I cannot be sure. They're still processing from May 2016 here in Boise!
Thanks!

I believe it'll go to Denver (which is processing I-845's from April 2016!) but I have no idea, they may transfer it!

I did find out today that my Mother in Law works with a lady whose husband works very closely with our local congressman so I may see if we can use that to some sort of end!
Old Apr 17th 2017, 11:18 pm
BE Forum Addict

Received my NOA2 for my I-131 Advance Parole today!

No news on the EAD and in typical fashion the case status for the AP and EAD is still showing as received!

None the less, happy to see progress and be able to go home in September to visit my new niece!

Hopefully the EAD isn't too far behind.
Old Apr 17th 2017, 11:20 pm
Forum Regular

Smartyy has a reputation beyond reputeSmartyy has a reputation beyond reputeSmartyy has a reputation beyond reputeSmartyy has a reputation beyond reputeSmartyy has a reputation beyond reputeSmartyy has a reputation beyond reputeSmartyy has a reputation beyond reputeSmartyy has a reputation beyond reputeSmartyy has a reputation beyond reputeSmartyy has a reputation beyond reputeSmartyy has a reputation beyond repute

Hopefully the EAD isn't too far behind.
Congrats!

My experience was that the EAD was approved within 20 minutes of the AP so hopefully won't be too long for you.
Old Apr 20th 2017, 3:26 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Smartyy
Congrats!

My experience was that the EAD was approved within 20 minutes of the AP so hopefully won't be too long for you.
Status updated on USCIS Case Search to AP Document Created yesterday. No news on EAD but I'm under the impression it's a combo card the mail out so hopefully it isn't too far away like you said!

I interviewed for a job this week and I'm due in on Friday for a second interview with the VP so fingers crossed that gets offered to me and the EAD comes through!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.