Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

AOS Packet: Where, when and what is the A# (Alien Reg Number)

AOS Packet: Where, when and what is the A# (Alien Reg Number)

Old Feb 25th 2004, 7:00 pm
David9287

Default AOS Packet: Where, when and what is the A# (Alien Reg Number)

Hello,
I'm sure this question has been asked before and I did read some of the FAQ regarding this but hope some one can help? We do not have an Alien Reg Number (A#) as far as I can tell. There is no A#----------- on Olena's K-1 Visa, no A#-------- on the I-94? I am going home for lunch to check our NOA2 for an A#----------. Who gets them, when, where and why? I find this question asked on our I486, Aff-o-Sup and the I-765. Is the A# (Alien Reg Number) Is the number on the I-94 Arrival Record? We cannot locate any number that begins with an Example ( A87654321 ) on the Visa or the I-94. I will go home and check my NOA2. Any help would be great. Thanks in advance... :-)

Old Feb 25th 2004, 7:12 pm
K1 via London

Steffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: AOS Packet: Where, when and what is the A# (Alien Reg Number)

Originally posted by David9287
Hello,
I'm sure this question has been asked before and I did read some of the FAQ regarding this but hope some one can help? We do not have an Alien Reg Number (A#) as far as I can tell. There is no A#----------- on Olena's K-1 Visa, no A#-------- on the I-94? I am going home for lunch to check our NOA2 for an A#----------. Who gets them, when, where and why? I find this question asked on our I486, Aff-o-Sup and the I-765. Is the A# (Alien Reg Number) Is the number on the I-94 Arrival Record? We cannot locate any number that begins with an Example ( A87654321 ) on the Visa or the I-94. I will go home and check my NOA2. Any help would be great. Thanks in advance... :-)
I don't have any of my documents in front of me at the moment, but I'm pretty sure that my London issued K1 visa had the A# on it, and every NOA I have received also had the A# on it. Double check those documents.
Old Feb 25th 2004, 7:12 pm

jeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond repute

David,

The A# should be on the I-797, and it should be written on the I-94 or in the passport or both next to the immigration inspection entry stamp.

Regards, JEff

Hello,
Old Feb 25th 2004, 7:25 pm
WTF?

Leslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond repute

Hello,
Did you look on the back of your/her I-94? That's where I found mine/his.
Old Feb 25th 2004, 9:02 pm
David9287

Originally posted by Leslie66
Did you look on the back of your/her I-94? That's where I found mine/his.
Thanks everyone,
I found the A# on the NOA 2, Whew! No, it is not on the K-1 or on the I-94 (front or back) although there is a place for it on the back, the officer didn't fill in any information on the back of the I-94, nothing? Interesting! I just returned to my office, I checked her K-1 and the I-94. The front is stamped w/Date of arrival, K-1 and the Date it expires. The IO also wrote "Canceled Without Precidence" on the K-1. It was interesting when we went to apply for Olena's SSN the clerk asked about this. I told her it is a "One Time Visa" and after its use the visa can not be used to gain entry again. She said "I understand." Anyway, thanks again and we have an A# via the I-797 Notice.