AOS medical and EAD

Old Dec 30th 2008, 8:10 pm
Forum Regular

whatadiva is a glorious beacon of lightwhatadiva is a glorious beacon of lightwhatadiva is a glorious beacon of lightwhatadiva is a glorious beacon of lightwhatadiva is a glorious beacon of lightwhatadiva is a glorious beacon of lightwhatadiva is a glorious beacon of lightwhatadiva is a glorious beacon of lightwhatadiva is a glorious beacon of lightwhatadiva is a glorious beacon of lightwhatadiva is a glorious beacon of light
Default AOS medical and EAD

Hello all;

I have a few questions regarding the medical and the EAD after filing for AOS.

1) .When it comes to the medical should I volunteer to the surgeon to say that I had TB and I have my TB records and discharge letter?
I also have a letter from my doctor in UK to say which jabs I have had and that I shouldn't have a repeat of the jabs.

2). I want to hear from fellow AOS'ers when did you receive your EAD??? on the 90th day (as it takes up to 90 days to receive it) how long after submitting or filing your AOS did you receive the EAD.

3). I have the NOA for my application can I use that to apply for an SSN at the office? or do I have to wait for my EAD to come through? When would be a right time for me to apply for SSN?

I hope someone can help me address my questions and hope you have a wonderful new years!
Old Dec 30th 2008, 8:14 pm

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: AOS medical and EAD

Originally Posted by whatadiva
Hello all;

I have a few questions regarding the medical and the EAD after filing for AOS.

1) .When it comes to the medical should I volunteer to the surgeon to say that I had TB and I have my TB records and discharge letter?
I also have a letter from my doctor in UK to say which jabs I have had and that I shouldn't have a repeat of the jabs.

2). I want to hear from fellow AOS'ers when did you receive your EAD??? on the 90th day (as it takes up to 90 days to receive it) how long after submitting or filing your AOS did you receive the EAD.

3). I have the NOA for my application can I use that to apply for an SSN at the office? or do I have to wait for my EAD to come through? When would be a right time for me to apply for SSN?

I hope someone can help me address my questions and hope you have a wonderful new years!
You should include the status you are Adjusting from (how did you get here?).

1-- I would.. don't make the guy/gal guess! The purpose of the medical is to make sure you're not Typhoid Mary spreding the TB all around.

2-- This can vary. I've seen recent reports of the EAD arriving after just about 2 months, but YMMV. 90 days is what they're required to do by regulation IIRC. You are not authorized to accept employment until you have it in hand.

3-- This is where it depends on your current status. If you arrived as a visitor, you can't have a SSN until you have an EAD in hand. And then you can apply; no guarantees on how long it takes after applying.
Some folks have had a result by going in immediately once they receive their EAD, others say that the EAD column doesn't get updated so quickly so you can go in and apply, but they may not be able to verify you immediately.

In a rush for something?
Old Dec 30th 2008, 8:19 pm
Forum Regular

whatadiva is a glorious beacon of lightwhatadiva is a glorious beacon of lightwhatadiva is a glorious beacon of lightwhatadiva is a glorious beacon of lightwhatadiva is a glorious beacon of lightwhatadiva is a glorious beacon of lightwhatadiva is a glorious beacon of lightwhatadiva is a glorious beacon of lightwhatadiva is a glorious beacon of lightwhatadiva is a glorious beacon of lightwhatadiva is a glorious beacon of light

wow thanks for the fast reply!

I came on VWP.

We hired an attorney to do our paperwork

not really in a rush for anything, I'm just sitting back seeing what happens

But my past TB concerns me
Old Dec 30th 2008, 8:26 pm

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by whatadiva
wow thanks for the fast reply!

I came on VWP.

We hired an attorney to do our paperwork

not really in a rush for anything, I'm just sitting back seeing what happens

But my past TB concerns me
If your TB is not active, it should not be a problem. You can find more info starting here.
The more articulate about it you can be with the panel doc, the better.

You should be able to find links thru to the CDC and more detailed info from that article. I know it's a little out of date as it doesn't include the Gardasil info yet, but it's a start.
Old Dec 30th 2008, 8:27 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by meauxna
If your TB
is not active, it should not be a problem. You can find more info starting here.
The more articulate about it you can be with the panel doc, the better.

You should be able to find links thru to the CDC and more detailed info from that article. I know it's a little out of date as it doesn't include the Gardasil info yet, but it's a start.

hello and thanks for responding again.
my TB is NOT ACTIVE, I have the all clear after a 6 month strict medication