Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

AOS and Marriage Certificate

AOS and Marriage Certificate

Old Sep 30th 2010, 10:29 pm
Forum Regular

Fatmike85 will become famous soon enoughFatmike85 will become famous soon enough
Default Re: AOS and Marriage Certificate

Congratulations!
Old Oct 1st 2010, 9:28 pm
BE Enthusiast

jeepgirluk is a glorious beacon of lightjeepgirluk is a glorious beacon of lightjeepgirluk is a glorious beacon of lightjeepgirluk is a glorious beacon of lightjeepgirluk is a glorious beacon of lightjeepgirluk is a glorious beacon of lightjeepgirluk is a glorious beacon of lightjeepgirluk is a glorious beacon of lightjeepgirluk is a glorious beacon of lightjeepgirluk is a glorious beacon of lightjeepgirluk is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by MandyNi
Thanks Rene and M. guess I'll just have to be patient and wait then. At lest I can get all the other stuff sorted before it arrives I guess.
Hi Mandy, I ended up filing my AOS paperwork during the second week of July but we got married back in April, having arrived at the end of March. We moved house in June and I wanted to file our paperwork once everything had been transferred into our new address and joint names etc. I was very nervous about filing for AOS after the 90 days were up. I had to keep reminding myself that we had complied with the requirement of the K1 visa which was to get married within 90 days. Anyway, AOS interview was this week and my son and I were approved. It only took 84 days from posting the paperwork to our interview date and approval.
Old Oct 1st 2010, 10:21 pm
BE Enthusiast

MandyNi has a reputation beyond reputeMandyNi has a reputation beyond reputeMandyNi has a reputation beyond reputeMandyNi has a reputation beyond reputeMandyNi has a reputation beyond reputeMandyNi has a reputation beyond reputeMandyNi has a reputation beyond reputeMandyNi has a reputation beyond reputeMandyNi has a reputation beyond reputeMandyNi has a reputation beyond reputeMandyNi has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks folks, well when we arrived back in Va. both the SSN and our Marriage Certificate had arrived so all good. Hopefully I'll get to start on the AOS paperwork when we get the house sorted over the weekend. Have all our stuff arriving from California tomorrow and a big mega fridge to be delivered too.

The place is a bit chaotic so I don't want to open up and leave important paperwork lying around it could disappear permanently!