AOS Los Angeles

Old Mar 18th 2001, 11:57 am
sue_gee

Just an update some might be interested in.

My husband applied for AOS for me in LA on May 3rd 1999 after marrying me on a visa
waver from the UK.

I had my fingerprints done in october 2000 and have today received my interview date!
The date is 28 march 2001. The medical package is in the packet as is another
affidavit of support. That gives me 10 days to get the medical done.

I thought this might provide some hope for others in Los Angeles as it is less than 2
years from filing.

I would like to thank all for advice over the past 2 years and if there is any advice
however small you can give us for the interview, I would be very grateful.

If I can be of help to anyone please email me.

Sue

Old Mar 20th 2001, 3:10 pm
Casey

Hi Sue, A friend had her interview today at the LA office. Her's was a K-1 based
adjustment. Unfortunately she did not get approved today, due to her fingerprints
being out of date and having to be redone (Quote: 'the form cites the reason for
redoing them is "The period of validity for your fingerprints has expired." ). She
had her's done twice in August 00. The interviewer told them that a decision will be
made after the print results are in and, assuming the results are good, that she will
get approved. She did have a new medical exam done and also brought an updated Aff of
Support. (for other K-1'rs: When the interviewer asked for her medical my friend
asked her if it was actually necessary as she'd had one when she got her K-1 and was
told that , yes, it was necessary. She also had to give new copies of divorce
papers.) They did not have to show any proof of 'bona fide' marriage, such as
pictures or the letters from friends, etc...the interviewer said that their baby was
all the proof she needed... Please let me/us know how your interview goes. We have
mine in April.

oh...I met a woman in one of my classes who did an I-130 adjustment. She had her
interview last July. She said it was very easy and quick...the only personal question
she and her husband were asked was "where did you meet?". She got her stamp and her
actual greencard arrived in the mail exactly 6 months later.

Good Luck at yours Sue! Casey

>
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >