Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

AOS - leaving the US without AP

AOS - leaving the US without AP

Old Sep 9th 2003, 3:36 am
Account Closed

Folinskyinla is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by Peter Newton
Just thought I would post one last time on this. I arrived back in New York last night and was readmitted as L-1A, no problem.

Cheers
Peter
Hi:

Wonderful. Now lets see what happens at the AOS interview. I pray you don't have the DAO from hell.

Good luck.
Old Sep 9th 2003, 5:06 am
BE Enthusiast

Peter Newton has a reputation beyond reputePeter Newton has a reputation beyond reputePeter Newton has a reputation beyond reputePeter Newton has a reputation beyond reputePeter Newton has a reputation beyond reputePeter Newton has a reputation beyond reputePeter Newton has a reputation beyond reputePeter Newton has a reputation beyond reputePeter Newton has a reputation beyond reputePeter Newton has a reputation beyond reputePeter Newton has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Folinskyinla
Hi:

Wonderful. Now lets see what happens at the AOS interview. I pray you don't have the DAO from hell.

Good luck.
I'm not a religous man, but yes I will be praying too.

I wonder if there is any way of finding out whether I have abandoned before the interview? Would going to the local office help?

There seems to be plenty of BCIS memos, press releases and other evidence that they permit travel without AP. One memo even says they are considering extending the facility to other non-immigrant categories (e.g. F, G, J) etc.
Old Sep 9th 2003, 10:12 am
Account Closed

Folinskyinla is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by Peter Newton
I'm not a religous man, but yes I will be praying too.

I wonder if there is any way of finding out whether I have abandoned before the interview? Would going to the local office help?

There seems to be plenty of BCIS memos, press releases and other evidence that they permit travel without AP. One memo even says they are considering extending the facility to other non-immigrant categories (e.g. F, G, J) etc.
Hi:

A long story, but I had a second interview today on a "golden oldie" [L.A.'s term for pre-1999 filings which are still pending] involving a reinstatement of an I-130 where the LPR petitioner had been murdered -- and wife had been pregnant with the couple's second kid at the time. A sad case and hubby's family treats her like the family that she really is and quite supportive.

And we got the DAO from Hell who started yelling at ME that I should have checked out the case more carefully.

We went to see supervisor who sees the problems in the case in a good way and we agree that there ARE gray areas in this case and perhaps, the rules might bear a LITTLE bending here becuase we have some wiggle room. The facts are real tearjerking set, not one that BCIS would really like to see litigated [a common legal saying is that "bad facts make bad law."]

You don't know who you will get until you get there.

My client has an EXCELLENT "cancellation" case if it goes that far -- but it will be a waste of time for everybody concerned.