Wikiposts

AOS from a K-1

Old Oct 2nd 2009, 12:39 pm
BE Enthusiast

PepsiChic has a reputation beyond reputePepsiChic has a reputation beyond reputePepsiChic has a reputation beyond reputePepsiChic has a reputation beyond reputePepsiChic has a reputation beyond reputePepsiChic has a reputation beyond reputePepsiChic has a reputation beyond reputePepsiChic has a reputation beyond reputePepsiChic has a reputation beyond reputePepsiChic has a reputation beyond reputePepsiChic has a reputation beyond repute

Wirelessly posted (LG-GR500/V10f Teleca/Q7.0 Profile/MIDP-2.1 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 UP.Link/6.3.1.17.06.3.1.17.0)

ywfwt, my passport was enough to get me added and my marriage certificate was enough to get my name updated and thus a debit card to go with the account in my married name.
Old Oct 2nd 2009, 10:09 pm
BE Enthusiast

YouWantFriesWithThat has a reputation beyond reputeYouWantFriesWithThat has a reputation beyond reputeYouWantFriesWithThat has a reputation beyond reputeYouWantFriesWithThat has a reputation beyond reputeYouWantFriesWithThat has a reputation beyond reputeYouWantFriesWithThat has a reputation beyond reputeYouWantFriesWithThat has a reputation beyond reputeYouWantFriesWithThat has a reputation beyond reputeYouWantFriesWithThat has a reputation beyond reputeYouWantFriesWithThat has a reputation beyond reputeYouWantFriesWithThat has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: AOS from a K-1

Thanks pepsichic, that's great info
Old Oct 3rd 2009, 12:15 am
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Noorah101
Also if you want to get a new job, and need to fill in the I-9, if you have the SS card w/o the legend on it, you can bypass showing your GC completely.
And, if she doesn't want anyone to know about her immigration status at all, she can use the new SS card w/o the legend on it *and* her driver's license for the I-9.

Ian
Old Oct 5th 2009, 9:06 am
BE Enthusiast

PepsiChic has a reputation beyond reputePepsiChic has a reputation beyond reputePepsiChic has a reputation beyond reputePepsiChic has a reputation beyond reputePepsiChic has a reputation beyond reputePepsiChic has a reputation beyond reputePepsiChic has a reputation beyond reputePepsiChic has a reputation beyond reputePepsiChic has a reputation beyond reputePepsiChic has a reputation beyond reputePepsiChic has a reputation beyond repute

Advance Parole documents arrived today,

24th Aug - USCIS recieved my AP application
30th Aug - I recieved NOA
30th Sept - AP issued

It took a total of 37 days.

sadly, too late to go to my friends funeral
Old Oct 5th 2009, 9:52 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by PepsiChic
It took a total of 37 days.

sadly, too late to go to my friends funeral
Wow, that is very quick turnaround for AP. I'm so sorry it wasn't soon enough to attend your friend's funeral, though.

HUGS,
Rene
Old Oct 5th 2009, 4:19 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Noorah101
Wow, that is very quick turnaround for AP. I'm so sorry it wasn't soon enough to attend your friend's funeral, though.

HUGS,
Rene
Thanks Rene,

I thought it was pretty quick too, was expecting it to take a couple of months at the least.
Old Oct 8th 2009, 9:24 am
BE Enthusiast

EAD arrived today, still not sure if I want to get my SSN now or wait till greencard

It was approved, and is valid from, Sept 30th 2009 so both this and my AP took a total of 37 days.
Old Oct 8th 2009, 9:28 am

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

Amazing!
That really stands the "90 days" on its head.. I wonder if the fix is permanent?

Very encouraging for future K-1ers; that has always been a hassle with that visa (the wait for EAD).
Old Oct 8th 2009, 9:47 pm
Forum Regular

jeimz7 is a name known to alljeimz7 is a name known to alljeimz7 is a name known to alljeimz7 is a name known to alljeimz7 is a name known to alljeimz7 is a name known to alljeimz7 is a name known to alljeimz7 is a name known to alljeimz7 is a name known to alljeimz7 is a name known to alljeimz7 is a name known to all

hi PEPSIchic...

i hope u wont mind me asking...u said ur waiting for a K1 interview right?
means the petition was approved already...my K1 petition was approved last Aug 5 and its been 2 months now...

do u know how long it takes for the consulate to send me a letter or the packet 3?...is this a normal waiting time?...im getting worried...thanks
Old Oct 9th 2009, 9:18 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by jeimz7
hi PEPSIchic...

i hope u wont mind me asking...u said ur waiting for a K1 interview right?
means the petition was approved already...my K1 petition was approved last Aug 5 and its been 2 months now...

do u know how long it takes for the consulate to send me a letter or the packet 3?...is this a normal waiting time?...im getting worried...thanks
Hi Jeimz7,

Im waiting for an AOS approval or Interview, from a K1 visa.

As for the K1 itself, if the petition has been approved thats great news, the letter could arrive any day now. Im guessing your the UKC?

either way this was my time line for my K1,

Sept 15th 2008 - I-129F visa petition submitted
Sept 18th 2008 - NOA1 received (I-129F submission)
Jan 14th 2009 - NOA2 received (I-129F Approved)
Jan 28th 2009 - K1 Packet 3 letter received
Mar 16th 2009 - K1 Packet 3 submitted
Mar 19th 2009 - Medical Examination
Apr 6th 2009 - K1 Visa Interview - RFE I-134 (affidavit)

You need to start gathering the documents and forms needed for the interview.

on the wiki is a list of the documents the "packet 3" will tell you download and fill in along with the checklist.

http://britishexpats.com/wiki/K1_London_Applications

Follow the medical links and get the vaccines you need from your local GP. Then call Knightsbridge in London and book you medical examination.

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showp...0&postcount=12

this is a checklist i used, these things you will take with you to your interview, also take a copy of the entire list. you only need a joint sponsor if your original sponsor (yourself or USC) doesnt meet the poverty guidelines found on this form I-846P look at the 125% income for the correct household number.
This is the affidavit of support I-134

Make sure you get your Long form of birth certificate which you can get from here http://www.gro.gov.uk/gro/content/certificates/

and police certificates for any country you have lived in for 12 months or more. Go here for that http://www.acpo.police.uk/certificates.asp

once you have all these things ready or more or less, you send the checklist back to the embassy and they will arrange an interview.

Good Luck

Ps. maybe a mod will seperate this to a thread of your own
Old Oct 10th 2009, 2:11 am
Forum Regular

jeimz7 is a name known to alljeimz7 is a name known to alljeimz7 is a name known to alljeimz7 is a name known to alljeimz7 is a name known to alljeimz7 is a name known to alljeimz7 is a name known to alljeimz7 is a name known to alljeimz7 is a name known to alljeimz7 is a name known to alljeimz7 is a name known to all

....Pepsi chic

THANKS .... i already called the embassy...told me they sent it last Aug 10...maybe it got lost due to the postal strike...im preparing the forms now which i downloaded on the site and need to send them to the embassy...

thanks again
Old Oct 23rd 2009, 2:28 pm
BE Enthusiast

Wirelessly posted (LG-GR500/V10f Teleca/Q7.0 Profile/MIDP-2.1 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 UP.Link/6.3.1.17.0)

today 23rd october is 4 months of marriage (yey!)

Its also turned out to be the day i got approved for my 2 year green card!!!!!

Applied august 24th approved and card production ordered 23rd october.

No RFEs no interview.

So happy!
Old Oct 23rd 2009, 10:34 pm
BE Enthusiast

YouWantFriesWithThat has a reputation beyond reputeYouWantFriesWithThat has a reputation beyond reputeYouWantFriesWithThat has a reputation beyond reputeYouWantFriesWithThat has a reputation beyond reputeYouWantFriesWithThat has a reputation beyond reputeYouWantFriesWithThat has a reputation beyond reputeYouWantFriesWithThat has a reputation beyond reputeYouWantFriesWithThat has a reputation beyond reputeYouWantFriesWithThat has a reputation beyond reputeYouWantFriesWithThat has a reputation beyond reputeYouWantFriesWithThat has a reputation beyond repute

Weeeeeee!!!!!!! Congratulations! Under two months too!!! Looks like I'll be asking you for tips when the time comes round to get mine!!
Old Oct 24th 2009, 12:57 am
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by PepsiChic
today 23rd october is 4 months of marriage (yey!)
Its also turned out to be the day i got approved for my 2 year green card!!!
Congratulations on both counts!

Ian
Old Oct 24th 2009, 3:48 am

penguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond repute

Congrats!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.