Wikiposts

AOS from a K-1

Old Oct 1st 2009, 8:33 am
BE Enthusiast

PepsiChic has a reputation beyond reputePepsiChic has a reputation beyond reputePepsiChic has a reputation beyond reputePepsiChic has a reputation beyond reputePepsiChic has a reputation beyond reputePepsiChic has a reputation beyond reputePepsiChic has a reputation beyond reputePepsiChic has a reputation beyond reputePepsiChic has a reputation beyond reputePepsiChic has a reputation beyond reputePepsiChic has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: AOS from a K-1

Application Type: I765 , APPLICATION FOR EMPLOYMENT AUTHORIZATION Current Status: Card production ordered. On September 30, 2009, we ordered production of your new card. Please allow 30 days for your card to be mailed to you.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Application Type: I131 , APPLICATION FOR USCIS TRAVEL DOCUMENT Current Status: Approval notice sent. On September 30, 2009, we mailed you a notice that we have approved this I131 APPLICATION FOR USCIS TRAVEL DOCUMENT. Please follow any instructions on the notice.

Application Type: I485 , APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR TO ADJUST STATUS Current Status: This case is now pending at the office to which it was transferred. The I485 APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR TO ADJUST STATUS was transferred and is now being processed at a USCIS office. You will be notified by mail when a decision is made, or if the office needs something from you.

I got these 3 emails today, so roughly 1 month after they recieved everything. So if i get my EAD in 30 days thats a total of about 60 for that.

Im guessing the approval notice for the AP means they will send that some point soon too, im guessing 30 days from the approval, so another 60 days total.

As for the I485 application, Im thinking that update means that the California Service Center recieved and have started to process the application?

So far so good
Old Oct 1st 2009, 8:49 am
BE Enthusiast

YouWantFriesWithThat has a reputation beyond reputeYouWantFriesWithThat has a reputation beyond reputeYouWantFriesWithThat has a reputation beyond reputeYouWantFriesWithThat has a reputation beyond reputeYouWantFriesWithThat has a reputation beyond reputeYouWantFriesWithThat has a reputation beyond reputeYouWantFriesWithThat has a reputation beyond reputeYouWantFriesWithThat has a reputation beyond reputeYouWantFriesWithThat has a reputation beyond reputeYouWantFriesWithThat has a reputation beyond reputeYouWantFriesWithThat has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Pepsichic,

Great news, congratulations!!! The journey continues!!
Old Oct 1st 2009, 12:30 pm
Forum Regular

paul_79 is a name known to allpaul_79 is a name known to allpaul_79 is a name known to allpaul_79 is a name known to allpaul_79 is a name known to allpaul_79 is a name known to allpaul_79 is a name known to allpaul_79 is a name known to allpaul_79 is a name known to allpaul_79 is a name known to allpaul_79 is a name known to all

Congrats!

My EAD and AP only took about a week to arrive, hopefully yours will too!

Last edited by paul_79; Oct 1st 2009 at 12:31 pm. Reason: Didn't explain myself very well!
Old Oct 1st 2009, 5:15 pm
BE Enthusiast

PepsiChic has a reputation beyond reputePepsiChic has a reputation beyond reputePepsiChic has a reputation beyond reputePepsiChic has a reputation beyond reputePepsiChic has a reputation beyond reputePepsiChic has a reputation beyond reputePepsiChic has a reputation beyond reputePepsiChic has a reputation beyond reputePepsiChic has a reputation beyond reputePepsiChic has a reputation beyond reputePepsiChic has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by paul_79
Congrats!

My EAD and AP only took about a week to arrive, hopefully yours will too!
Thanks!

Right now I'm trying to make the desicion whether to apply for my SSN when I get my EAD or just wait for the GC because they seem to be processing them pretty quickly. Im leaning more to just waiting so that I dont need to change the card.
Old Oct 2nd 2009, 4:21 am

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by PepsiChic
Thanks!

Right now I'm trying to make the desicion whether to apply for my SSN when I get my EAD or just wait for the GC because they seem to be processing them pretty quickly. Im leaning more to just waiting so that I dont need to change the card.
I've been trying to think of a situation where you could use your EAD withOUT a SSN.

Can't think of one.
Old Oct 2nd 2009, 4:29 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks!

If you're not planning to work right away, I don't see the harm in waiting until you have your GC to get your SSN. If you haven't needed a SSN for anything so far, you can probably get by without it for a while longer.

Rene
Old Oct 2nd 2009, 5:04 am

penguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks!

It's quite easy to get the card changed.After my husband got his greencard we just went down to Social Security and showed the greencard, current SS card and his passport.they ran his info in the computer. His new one arrived a week later. She did tear up his old one which at first concerned me that he was without one but we did have a photocopy.
Old Oct 2nd 2009, 8:17 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by meauxna
I've been trying to think of a situation where you could use your EAD withOUT a SSN.

Can't think of one.

Originally Posted by Noorah101
If you're not planning to work right away, I don't see the harm in waiting until you have your GC to get your SSN. If you haven't needed a SSN for anything so far, you can probably get by without it for a while longer.

Rene
So far I havent needed an SSN, I havent got a drivers license yet (kinda nervous about that one as i didnt drive in the UK) and the bank was fine with adding me to my husbands account.

As for work, Im eager to try and get a job, but I know realistically im going to need to drive, so Im putting that off. Also with how fast the CSC is processing applications Im thinking maybe it just would be easier to wait another couple of months. I cant think of anything I'd need an SSN for between now and then.
Old Oct 2nd 2009, 9:52 am
BE Enthusiast

YouWantFriesWithThat has a reputation beyond reputeYouWantFriesWithThat has a reputation beyond reputeYouWantFriesWithThat has a reputation beyond reputeYouWantFriesWithThat has a reputation beyond reputeYouWantFriesWithThat has a reputation beyond reputeYouWantFriesWithThat has a reputation beyond reputeYouWantFriesWithThat has a reputation beyond reputeYouWantFriesWithThat has a reputation beyond reputeYouWantFriesWithThat has a reputation beyond reputeYouWantFriesWithThat has a reputation beyond reputeYouWantFriesWithThat has a reputation beyond repute

So far I havent needed an SSN, I havent got a drivers license yet (kinda nervous about that one as i didnt drive in the UK) and the bank was fine with adding me to my husbands account.

As for work, Im eager to try and get a job, but I know realistically im going to need to drive, so Im putting that off. Also with how fast the CSC is processing applications Im thinking maybe it just would be easier to wait another couple of months. I cant think of anything I'd need an SSN for between now and then.
Been watching these comments with interest

What ID did they ask you for when joining your hubby's account? (I'll be in your situation and trying to get some idea )
Old Oct 2nd 2009, 10:21 am

jeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond repute

YWFWT,

I believe that my wife used her passport. (We added her to the account while waiting for my petition to be approved, the passport was the only photo ID she had that was in English - dual language, actually.)

Regards, JEff

Originally Posted by YouWantFriesWithThat
What ID did they ask you for when joining your hubby's account? (I'll be in your situation and trying to get some idea )
Old Oct 2nd 2009, 11:26 am
Forum Regular

paul_79 is a name known to allpaul_79 is a name known to allpaul_79 is a name known to allpaul_79 is a name known to allpaul_79 is a name known to allpaul_79 is a name known to allpaul_79 is a name known to allpaul_79 is a name known to allpaul_79 is a name known to allpaul_79 is a name known to allpaul_79 is a name known to all

Originally Posted by penguinbar
It's quite easy to get the card changed.After my husband got his greencard we just went down to Social Security and showed the greencard, current SS card and his passport.they ran his info in the computer. His new one arrived a week later. She did tear up his old one which at first concerned me that he was without one but we did have a photocopy.
Sorry to tag on!

I arrived on K1 in May and got my SS card 10 days after. I'm now adjusted and have my green card valid for two years. It is a necessity to go back to SSA to change my SS card and update them? Right now it has 'Valid with DHS Authorization' stamped across it. They're only open Mon-Fri 9am-4pm and I don't really want to take time off seeing as I've only recently started my job.

Thanks in advance!
Old Oct 2nd 2009, 11:27 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jeffreyhy
YWFWT,

I believe that my wife used her passport. (We added her to the account while waiting for my petition to be approved, the passport was the only photo ID she had that was in English - dual language, actually.)

Regards, JEff
Same here. We added Sadegh to my account at Wells Fargo and opened a new checking account for him, just after he arrived on the K-1 visa, but before he had a SSN. We updated the information with the bank once he got his SSN.

Rene
Old Oct 2nd 2009, 11:28 am

Originally Posted by paul_79
Sorry to tag on!

I arrived on K1 in May and got my SS card 10 days after. I'm now adjusted and have my green card valid for two years. It is a necessity to go back to SSA to change my SS card and update them? Right now it has 'Valid with DHS Authorization' stamped across it. They're only open Mon-Fri 9am-4pm and I don't really want to take time off seeing as I've only recently started my job.

Thanks in advance!
You don't HAVE to. It just makes the SS card more in tune with your real status here, since you do not need DHS authorization anymore to work.

Also if you want to get a new job, and need to fill in the I-9, if you have the SS card w/o the legend on it, you can bypass showing your GC completely.

Rene
Old Oct 2nd 2009, 11:31 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by jeffreyhy
YWFWT,

Regards, JEff
Thanks JEff & Rene
Old Oct 2nd 2009, 11:51 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Noorah101
You don't HAVE to. It just makes the SS card more in tune with your real status here, since you do not need DHS authorization anymore to work.

Also if you want to get a new job, and need to fill in the I-9, if you have the SS card w/o the legend on it, you can bypass showing your GC completely.

Rene
Great, thanks Rene. A big help as always. I think I'll leave it for the time being and worry about it if I have a day off during the week.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.