Wikiposts

AOS from a K-1

Old Aug 31st 2009, 7:07 am
BE Enthusiast

PepsiChic has a reputation beyond reputePepsiChic has a reputation beyond reputePepsiChic has a reputation beyond reputePepsiChic has a reputation beyond reputePepsiChic has a reputation beyond reputePepsiChic has a reputation beyond reputePepsiChic has a reputation beyond reputePepsiChic has a reputation beyond reputePepsiChic has a reputation beyond reputePepsiChic has a reputation beyond reputePepsiChic has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: AOS from a K-1

Originally Posted by paul_79
Hi PepsiChic,

I sent in my AOS at the beginning of June so to try and give you some help from someone who has recently submitted: my check was cashed after approximately 7 days. I received NOAs for all my applications after approx. 10 days. I received my biometrics letter a few days later. I walked in early without any problems and was approved for both EAD and AP after 38 days (from USCIS receipt date). Both in hand within a week. My AOS interview is tomorrow. Think that covers everything!

Of course to quote some people on here, your mileage may vary.
Wow thats really quick Paul! Where did you have to go for the biometrics? Good luck with the interview tomorrow but im sur eyour not going to have a problem I'll just cross my figners that mine is just as speedy.
Old Aug 31st 2009, 11:29 am
Forum Regular

paul_79 is a name known to allpaul_79 is a name known to allpaul_79 is a name known to allpaul_79 is a name known to allpaul_79 is a name known to allpaul_79 is a name known to allpaul_79 is a name known to allpaul_79 is a name known to allpaul_79 is a name known to allpaul_79 is a name known to allpaul_79 is a name known to all

My biometrics were in San Diego. I literally walked in the day after I received the letter and didn't have any problems, neither the security guy or the woman who processed me mentioned it. Not sure if that helped speed things up, but it was helpful to get the EAD so quickly!!

And thanks, just preparing for it now!
Old Aug 31st 2009, 12:58 pm
BE Enthusiast

PepsiChic has a reputation beyond reputePepsiChic has a reputation beyond reputePepsiChic has a reputation beyond reputePepsiChic has a reputation beyond reputePepsiChic has a reputation beyond reputePepsiChic has a reputation beyond reputePepsiChic has a reputation beyond reputePepsiChic has a reputation beyond reputePepsiChic has a reputation beyond reputePepsiChic has a reputation beyond reputePepsiChic has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by paul_79
my check was cashed after approximately 7 days. I received NOAs for all my applications after approx. 10 days.
I recieved the NOA's for the I-485, AP and EAD. So 7 days after the application was submitted, however the cheque hasnt been cashed yet which seems kinda strange.
Old Sep 11th 2009, 9:26 am
BE Enthusiast

My AOS timeline so far:

24th Aug - AOS, EAD and AP documents submitted
31st Aug - NOA's for documents received
11th Sep - Biometrics letter recieved
----------------------------------------
29th Sep - Biometrics appointment 3pm in St Louis

So far so good for the whole AOS thing, im slightly nervous about the biometrics appointment...it is just fingerprints and photography right? no medical stuff, needles etc?

What will happen after the biometrics? Will i get the greencard or is it more common to get an interview? Should both me and my husband attend the interview what kind of things will get asked?
Old Sep 11th 2009, 9:32 am

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

heh PC.. no needles. Just smile for the camera and press your (non-scarred, uncut) fingertips to the screen.
Old Sep 11th 2009, 9:40 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by PepsiChic
So far so good for the whole AOS thing, im slightly nervous about the biometrics appointment...it is just fingerprints and photography right? no medical stuff, needles etc?
Yep, the biometrics is just a photo and digital fingerprints (no ink).

What will happen after the biometrics? Will i get the greencard or is it more common to get an interview? Should both me and my husband attend the interview what kind of things will get asked?
You might be one of the lucky ones to be approved without an interview. But the norm is that there will be an AOS interview which both you and your husband are required to attend. The officer will ask you questions about your life together, maybe your work, his work, verify all the info on the I-485, and will want to collect photocopies of proof of your joint life together.

Rene
Old Sep 11th 2009, 9:41 am
BE Enthusiast

Wirelessly posted (LG-GR500/V10f Teleca/Q7.0 Profile/MIDP-2.1 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 UP.Link/6.3.1.17.0)

thanks. Feel kinda stupid asking that but the thought came into my head and i needed to hear it from someone else.

I can breath again now hehehe
Old Sep 27th 2009, 12:35 pm
BE Enthusiast

Ok so biometrics on Tuesday coming up not worried about it, have stopped the kittens from chewing on my fingers for the last couple of weeks just incase!

Got this email today from USCIS:

Current Status: Case Transfered to Another Office for Processing
On September 24, 2009, we transferred this case I485 APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR TO ADJUST STATUS to our CALIFORNIA SERVICE CENTER location for processing and sent you a notice explaining this action. Please follow any instructions provided on the notice. We will notify you by mail when a decision is made. If you move while this case is pending, please use our Change of Address online tool to update your case with your new address or call our customer service center at 1-800-375-5283.
I checked processing times and it says 4 months. Seems relatively quick to me so im crossing my fingers!

What difference does this make to my application, if any at all?
Are applications transfered for certain reasons ie.RFE's, suspicion etc
If i need to go for an Interview will i have to travel to California or states near that?

just some things i wanna cross of my list of worries!

Last edited by PepsiChic; Sep 27th 2009 at 12:40 pm.
Old Sep 27th 2009, 1:18 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Ok so biometrics on Tuesday coming up not worried about it, have stopped the kittens from chewing on my fingers for the last couple of weeks just incase!

Got this email today from USCIS:

I checked processing times and it says 4 months. Seems relatively quick to me so im crossing my fingers!

What difference does this make to my application, if any at all?
Are applications transfered for certain reasons ie.RFE's, suspicion etc
If i need to go for an Interview will i have to travel to California or states near that?

just some things i wanna cross of my list of worries!
Usually cases are transferred when one service center has a backlog and needs additional help. Many times, a case which is transferred to CSC means no interview comes of it. If you do end up with an interview, it will still be at you local district office.

Rene
Old Sep 27th 2009, 3:02 pm
Forum Regular

gingerkitten will become famous soon enoughgingerkitten will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Noorah101
Yep, the biometrics is just a photo and digital fingerprints (no ink).
I'm late with this comment, but... eek! I remember the first time I read about how I'd have to go for "biometrics", I had all sorts of horrible visions in my head of what that would involve. Fingerprinting and photographing was the least of it!
Old Sep 27th 2009, 7:46 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Noorah101
Usually cases are transferred when one service center has a backlog and needs additional help. Many times, a case which is transferred to CSC means no interview comes of it. If you do end up with an interview, it will still be at you local district office.

Rene
Thanks Rene

I like to hope it is that easy (ie. no interview) but knowing my luck something will happen, still touch on wood!
Old Sep 28th 2009, 12:24 am
Instigator of the Post

TracyTN is a splendid one to beholdTracyTN is a splendid one to beholdTracyTN is a splendid one to beholdTracyTN is a splendid one to beholdTracyTN is a splendid one to beholdTracyTN is a splendid one to beholdTracyTN is a splendid one to beholdTracyTN is a splendid one to beholdTracyTN is a splendid one to beholdTracyTN is a splendid one to beholdTracyTN is a splendid one to behold

Thanks Rene

I like to hope it is that easy (ie. no interview) but knowing my luck something will happen, still touch on wood!
I'd say you're golden. I'd expect approval with no interview; though there always is a slight chance they'll transfer it back to your local office - that generally isn't the case once it's sent to CSC.
Old Sep 28th 2009, 3:45 am

jeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond repute

Agreed. When the NBC sends I-485 to the CSC rather than a district or sub office it means that the reviewers at the NBC believe the application is approvable without interview.

If the CSC concurrs when they review the case they will approve it.

Regards, JEff

Originally Posted by TracyTN
I'd say you're golden. I'd expect approval with no interview; though there always is a slight chance they'll transfer it back to your local office - that generally isn't the case once it's sent to CSC.
Old Sep 28th 2009, 9:57 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by TracyTN
Originally Posted by jeffreyhy
Agreed. When the NBC sends I-485 to the CSC rather than a district or sub office it means that the reviewers at the NBC believe the application is approvable without interview.

If the CSC concurrs when they review the case they will approve it.

Regards, JEff
Thanks Tracy and Jeff! You guys are great at making me feel so much better about this whole process, after the whole medical/psychiatric fiasco for the K1 visa this seems a lot easy to get through.
Old Sep 29th 2009, 11:44 am
BE Enthusiast

Wirelessly posted (LG-GR500/V10f Teleca/Q7.0 Profile/MIDP-2.1 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 UP.Link/6.3.1.17.0)

biometrics was quick and easy.

I arrived 20 minutes early with my appointment letter and passport for photo ID.

I filled out a small form, name, dob, height, weight, eye and hair colour, race, address, phone number, A# and the reciept numbers on the appointment notice.

I found out the two numbers were for my i485 and the EAD.

The really friendly lady took the form quickly typed it up on the computer took my left thumb then 4 fingers and followed this with right thumb and 4 fingers pressing them lightly on the fingerprint scanner.

She then did all fingers and both thumbs again rolling them from one side to the other. I watched my prints appear on the screen and talked about how many brits she sees a day. Once done i thanked her got told my ead should arrive in the post in 30 days. And left.

I left at the time my appointment was suppose to start. So all in all quick and efficient.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.