Wikiposts

AOS from a K-1

Old Jul 5th 2009, 10:21 am
BE Enthusiast

PepsiChic has a reputation beyond reputePepsiChic has a reputation beyond reputePepsiChic has a reputation beyond reputePepsiChic has a reputation beyond reputePepsiChic has a reputation beyond reputePepsiChic has a reputation beyond reputePepsiChic has a reputation beyond reputePepsiChic has a reputation beyond reputePepsiChic has a reputation beyond reputePepsiChic has a reputation beyond reputePepsiChic has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: AOS from a K-1

ok another silly question, on the AP document (I-131)

Part 1, box 3....

"class of admission" is this visatype they are asking for?
Old Jul 5th 2009, 10:29 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by PepsiChic
ok another silly question, on the AP document (I-131)

Part 1, box 3....

"class of admission" is this visatype they are asking for?
Yes, we put K-1 on ours and it was fine.

Rene
Old Jul 5th 2009, 5:55 pm

penguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond repute

Congrats Pepsichic!!!
Old Jul 6th 2009, 8:03 am
BE Enthusiast

PepsiChic has a reputation beyond reputePepsiChic has a reputation beyond reputePepsiChic has a reputation beyond reputePepsiChic has a reputation beyond reputePepsiChic has a reputation beyond reputePepsiChic has a reputation beyond reputePepsiChic has a reputation beyond reputePepsiChic has a reputation beyond reputePepsiChic has a reputation beyond reputePepsiChic has a reputation beyond reputePepsiChic has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by penguinbar
Congrats Pepsichic!!!

thanks

ok couplemore questions,sorry if they are dumb, just dont wanna screw this up!

form:I-485
Part 3: what is my nonimmigrate visa number?
and how do i know which consulate issued my visa, i assumedthis was london but now im confused, us embassy in london is where i went for my visa interview.
Old Jul 6th 2009, 8:13 am

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

The building is the Embassy, the folks that issue visas are the Consulate.

Your NIV number should be on your NIV (non immigrant visa).
Old Jul 6th 2009, 8:21 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

form:I-485
Part 3: what is my nonimmigrate visa number?
You can use either the black number or the red number (one of them is called a control number) from your K-1 visa. It doesn't matter which one.

Rene
Old Jul 22nd 2009, 3:39 pm
BE Enthusiast

ok im back with my ever growing list of aos things....

*I-485 (AOS Form)
which needs:
>*G325a
>*I-94
>*I-797 (approval notice)
>*I-693 (Vaccine Supplement)
>*2 photos
>*copy of visa
>*copy of all passport pages
>*copy of birth certificate
>*Evidence of On-Going relationship

*I-864 (Affidavit)
>*USC Birth certificate
>* bank letter
>*bank statements
>*employment letter
>*pay slips
>* tax transcripts for last 3 years

*I-765 (EAD)
>*2 photos
>*copy of I-94

*I-131
>*copy of proof of identity
>*copy of visa page
>*copy of I-94
>*copy of signed I-485
>*2 photos

as for evidence of relationship:
>*copy of marriage license
>*wedding photos
>*wedding cards
>*letters from family/friends
>*joint bank accounts
>*joint phone plan
>*joint car insurence

Filling fee of $1010

i know this is quite a thurough list, im about ready to send it off just dont wanna miss anything out.

any suggestions to things i can add to the list would be much appriciated
Old Jul 23rd 2009, 3:30 am
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

I see that you are including an executed copy of the I-485 with the I-131 but not with the I-765. Not needed for either but always wise to back up your eligibility in case they are separated. So on that note, include a copy with the I-765 as well.
Old Jul 23rd 2009, 11:27 am
BE Enthusiast

Wirelessly posted (LG-GR500/V10f Teleca/Q7.0 Profile/MIDP-2.1 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 UP.Link/6.3.1.17.06.3.1.17.0)

on the i-131 instructions it asks for evidence or reciept that im applying for aos, i read in another thread (by lostfairy i think) that a photocopy of the signed i-485 is the best thing for this.

But i think what you said is great advice so i'll make sure i print another copy. Cant do any harm
Old Aug 26th 2009, 9:20 am
BE Enthusiast

According to the UPS my AOS package was signed for by the USCIS in Chicago on 24th August.

Will i recieved a I-797 for this like we did for the I-129F petition? Or will the next step just be a letter for the Biometrics (or RFE if we missed something)?

Im not too sure how long the waiting times are, ive read a few posts and it suggests a few weeks. so crossing my fingers

We also didnt get my SSN in time, they apparently didnt have me on file, and then had problems with their system for a long time. I'll have been here 90 days on 29th August so what will happen about that now? do i have to wait till i have my greencard?

thankyou for the help so far! i'll be glad when this is all over.
Old Aug 26th 2009, 9:25 am

According to the UPS my AOS package was signed for by the USCIS in Chicago on 24th August.

Will i recieved a I-797 for this like we did for the I-129F petition? Or will the next step just be a letter for the Biometrics (or RFE if we missed something)?
I believe you do get an NOA for the receipt of your I-485. Then you'll get the biometrics appointment letter. Hopefully you won't get an RFE.

Im not too sure how long the waiting times are, ive read a few posts and it suggests a few weeks. so crossing my fingers
Yes, it can take a few weeks to hear something back.

We also didnt get my SSN in time, they apparently didnt have me on file, and then had problems with their system for a long time. I'll have been here 90 days on 29th August so what will happen about that now? do i have to wait till i have my greencard?
Now you'll need to wait until you receive your EAD in hand. Then you can apply for a SSN. You don't have to wait until you have the green card.

Rene
Old Aug 26th 2009, 11:05 am
BE Enthusiast

Wirelessly posted (LG-GR500/V10f Teleca/Q7.0 Profile/MIDP-2.1 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 UP.Link/6.3.1.17.0)

thanks rene!

I did send the application for the ead and ap with my i-485 so i guess i just sit and wait. I think i covered most things with the list i wrote so hopefully they wont ask for anything.

Knowing my luck they'll lose it all!
Old Aug 30th 2009, 8:31 pm
BE Enthusiast

A couple of questions to ease my hubbys mind (hes becoming a bigger worrier then me!)

Q1. The cheque we sent with out AOS package was from my hubbys mother. My hubby has never used the cheque book from his account and has lost it over the many years hes owned it. We gave our MIL the $1010 for the AOS application and she wrote us a cheque for that amount. I didnt think the USCIS would care too much who wrote it as long as they got the money. But my hubby is now worried that they might refuse to accept the cheque. Do you think this will be a problem?

Q2. How long till they deposit the cheque? I figured if it took a few weeks to respond to the application that it may be the same for the cheque, but again hubby isnt sure. We sent the application on the 24th, upto yesterday the cheque hadnt been deposited.

Sorry for what may be some silly questions. Just trying to make this process as less stressful for me and him as possible!

Thankyou in advance!
Old Aug 30th 2009, 11:20 pm

I'm sure it doesn't matter who wrote the check, as long as the money is in the account it's written on.

It can take a couple of weeks for them to process the check.

Rene
Old Aug 31st 2009, 5:39 am
Forum Regular

paul_79 is a name known to allpaul_79 is a name known to allpaul_79 is a name known to allpaul_79 is a name known to allpaul_79 is a name known to allpaul_79 is a name known to allpaul_79 is a name known to allpaul_79 is a name known to allpaul_79 is a name known to allpaul_79 is a name known to allpaul_79 is a name known to all

A couple of questions to ease my hubbys mind (hes becoming a bigger worrier then me!)

Q1. The cheque we sent with out AOS package was from my hubbys mother. My hubby has never used the cheque book from his account and has lost it over the many years hes owned it. We gave our MIL the $1010 for the AOS application and she wrote us a cheque for that amount. I didnt think the USCIS would care too much who wrote it as long as they got the money. But my hubby is now worried that they might refuse to accept the cheque. Do you think this will be a problem?

Q2. How long till they deposit the cheque? I figured if it took a few weeks to respond to the application that it may be the same for the cheque, but again hubby isnt sure. We sent the application on the 24th, upto yesterday the cheque hadnt been deposited.

Sorry for what may be some silly questions. Just trying to make this process as less stressful for me and him as possible!

Thankyou in advance!
Hi PepsiChic,

I sent in my AOS at the beginning of June so to try and give you some help from someone who has recently submitted: my check was cashed after approximately 7 days. I received NOAs for all my applications after approx. 10 days. I received my biometrics letter a few days later. I walked in early without any problems and was approved for both EAD and AP after 38 days (from USCIS receipt date). Both in hand within a week. My AOS interview is tomorrow. Think that covers everything!

Of course to quote some people on here, your mileage may vary.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.