Wikiposts

AOS from a K-1

Old Mar 21st 2009, 12:46 pm
Just Joined

Fireblade636 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: AOS from a K-1

Hi. I'm Pepsi's USC Fiance. I just wanted to thank everyone for your help getting her and I together. It's very much appreciated by us both.
Old Mar 21st 2009, 1:13 pm
Account Closed

Folinskyinla is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by PepsiChic
Thanks everyone, I did some research to try and get information about the forms i need etc I guess i missed the bit about no extra fee for the EAD and AP sorry!

Your help is priceless, thankyou all again!
Hi:

I happen to agree on the fact that the I-130 is not needed. But some of my colleagues who I know and respect file one on a "belts and braces" approach.

I tend to think that the full blown US based Civil Surgeon exam should be done to avoid the fools who will make problems on the adjustment. It is worth the few extra bucks.
Old Mar 21st 2009, 1:22 pm
BE Enthusiast

PepsiChic has a reputation beyond reputePepsiChic has a reputation beyond reputePepsiChic has a reputation beyond reputePepsiChic has a reputation beyond reputePepsiChic has a reputation beyond reputePepsiChic has a reputation beyond reputePepsiChic has a reputation beyond reputePepsiChic has a reputation beyond reputePepsiChic has a reputation beyond reputePepsiChic has a reputation beyond reputePepsiChic has a reputation beyond repute

ok 1 thing that i didnt get a reply about was the
*I-693 (will I get given then at the K1 interview at the embassy?)
edit: also for the I-485
3.Copy of passport page with non-immigrant visa
does this mean the pages for the POE stamps from the VW's?

I-485 also requires my I-797 for the visa number - would this be the Receipt number at the top starting WAC?

Edit: Form G-325a has 4 pages of the same thing, do I only fill out one page or do they really need all 4 pages?

Last edited by PepsiChic; Mar 21st 2009 at 1:57 pm.
Old Mar 21st 2009, 2:19 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

edit: also for the I-485
does this mean the pages for the POE stamps from the VW's?
No, the passport page with your K-1 visa in it, after you arrive in the USA.

I-485 also requires my I-797 for the visa number - would this be the Receipt number at the top starting WAC?
The I-797 is the NOA2 (approval notice) from the I-129F.

Edit: Form G-325a has 4 pages of the same thing, do I only fill out one page or do they really need all 4 pages?
Yes. If you do it online, you fill out one page, and it automatically prints 4 pages. You should sign each page with an original signature, and staple all 4 pages together. That makes up one G-325A.

Rene
Old Mar 22nd 2009, 1:58 pm
BE Enthusiast

PepsiChic has a reputation beyond reputePepsiChic has a reputation beyond reputePepsiChic has a reputation beyond reputePepsiChic has a reputation beyond reputePepsiChic has a reputation beyond reputePepsiChic has a reputation beyond reputePepsiChic has a reputation beyond reputePepsiChic has a reputation beyond reputePepsiChic has a reputation beyond reputePepsiChic has a reputation beyond reputePepsiChic has a reputation beyond repute

I think as far as I understand correctly to get the I-693 I have to take my vaccine records and the Vaccine documentation from Knightsbridge to any USCIS Doctor in the state im moving to (missouri) and if im missing any (I know I havent got HPV vaccine) I have to have it done by them.

When should I go to the USCIS doctor to get the I-693 asap when I enter on the visa? Or do I need a SSN to see a USCIS doctor?
Old Mar 22nd 2009, 4:08 pm

penguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond repute

You don't need a Social security number to see a USCIS doctor. Although you should wait about two weeks after you arrive to go to the Social Security office to make sure you're in the system. My husband went to the SS office in NYC two weeks after he came on his K1. We got the card in the mail 8 days later.
Old Mar 22nd 2009, 4:10 pm

penguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond repute

My husband went to the doctor for his I693 vac suppliment a week after he arrived in the states.
Old Mar 23rd 2009, 2:08 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by penguinbar
My husband went to the doctor for his I693 vac suppliment a week after he arrived in the states.
thankyou for the replies, been a big help!
Old Mar 23rd 2009, 6:10 am

thankyou for the replies, been a big help!
You're welcome!
Old Mar 23rd 2009, 7:23 am
BE Enthusiast

We've called a few USCIS civil surgeons in Missouri, and I've been told i have to have Varicella for the AOS - has anyone else had to have this?

They then went on to say I dont need HPV....yet everything I've read or so far been told is the opposite way around!

They also said when I go to them they fill in the I-693 and they keep it and send it off not me.

damn doctors!
Old Mar 23rd 2009, 7:53 am

We've called a few USCIS civil surgeons in Missouri, and I've been told i have to have Varicella for the AOS - has anyone else had to have this?

They then went on to say I dont need HPV....yet everything I've read or so far been told is the opposite way around!

They also said when I go to them they fill in the I-693 and they keep it and send it off not me.

damn doctors!
What does your vac chart say? My husbands said VH for varicella history but the USCIS doctor did a blood test anyway because she said that several patients of hers have had RFE's from USCIS and wanted a blood test to prove immunity.Have you had the chicken pox? The blood test can prove immunity.The HPV vac is a fairly new requirement. (less than a year). The doctors give you a sealed envelope with the I693 vac suppliment part for AOS for a K1. They do not send it off . You do. Did you speak to the doctor or the receptionist? Sometimes the receptionists and nurses there haven't a clue. Actually sometimes the doctors don't either!
Old Mar 23rd 2009, 8:01 am
BE Enthusiast

What does your vac chart say? My husbands said VH for varicella history but the USCIS doctor did a blood test anyway because she said that several patients of hers have had RFE's from USCIS and wanted a blood test to prove immunity.Have you had the chicken pox? The blood test can prove immunity.The HPV vac is a fairly new requirement. (less than a year). The doctors give you a sealed envelope with the I693 vac suppliment part for AOS for a K1. They do not send it off . You do. Did you speak to the doctor or the receptionist? Sometimes the receptionists and nurses there haven't a clue. Actually sometimes the doctors don't either!
Well Varicella isn't available here in the UK so they cant give me the vaccine and no I've not had chicken pox. The sheet is ticked in the box that says "not routinely available" for it.

HPV box isnt ticked it says K1 in it, and everything else is "series completed"

I may have the first HPV vaccine just before I leave the UK, I guess then I just take the documentation from Knightsbridge and a vaccine certificate from my doctor showing the HPV gardisal vaccine, and they should give me the I-693 to send in with the AOS package?

I spoke to nurses and receptionists mainly, most said the Doctors were unavailable to talk or not in the office.
Old Mar 23rd 2009, 8:11 am

jeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond repute

pb,

Good point. My experience is that the clerical staff who run the office that know what to do with the paperwork, not the doctors and nurses.

Regards, JEff

.... Did you speak to the doctor or the receptionist? Sometimes the receptionists and nurses there haven't a clue. Actually sometimes the doctors don't either!
Old Mar 23rd 2009, 1:00 pm
BE Enthusiast

I know knightsbridge send my medical examination stuff to the embassy.

Do I then get this stuff back from the embassy? Do I only need to take the vaccination documentation (DS-3025) to the USCIS civil surgeon?

What exactly is it I need the USCIC civil surgeon to do because they dont seem to know themselves!

Is it just that they fill out the I-1693 form sign it and put it in an envelope? I dont need to have another medical? How do they fill in the HIV and Tb parts if they dont have any information about my medical at knightsbridge?

sorry for the questions - just confused!
Old Mar 23rd 2009, 1:15 pm
BE Enthusiast

I think I found the answers after doing some more searching.
Q: If an applicant is required to receive only the vaccinations, and not undergo the entire medical exam, does he/she have to submit the entire Form I-693?

No. Applicants who are not required to have the entire medical examination need to submit only pages one, three and five of the new form. The required sections include Part 1, Information About You, the vaccination record portion of Part 2, a
and Part 5 (if the vaccinations are administered by a civil surgeon) or Part 6 (if the vaccinations are administered by a local health department). Pages two and four, that would have been left blank, do not need to be submitted.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.