Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

AOS Interview in the USA

AOS Interview in the USA

Old Oct 24th 2012, 2:22 am
Forum Regular

leadinglight is a name known to allleadinglight is a name known to allleadinglight is a name known to allleadinglight is a name known to allleadinglight is a name known to allleadinglight is a name known to allleadinglight is a name known to allleadinglight is a name known to allleadinglight is a name known to allleadinglight is a name known to allleadinglight is a name known to all
Default Re: AOS Interview in the USA

I'm hoping that Chicago is too busy and full of Thanksgiving cheer when I go for my interview the Monday after the holiday to be bothered with Stokes interviews...........(I won't hold my breath)

Time will tell

Originally Posted by Bluegrass Lass
I could really scare you and tell you that we had a Stokes interview. My OH and I were called back to the interview room separately and asked the questions. In fact, I think my post about that interview is in here somewhere...But apparently at my local office, a Stokes style interview is the norm (or at least it was in early 2005).
Old Oct 24th 2012, 2:32 am

jeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond repute

Typical in New York City, I understand. Pretty rare in other USCIS districts, but possible anywhere if the case officer has doubts about a bona fide marriage.

Regards, JEff

... But apparently at my local office, a Stokes style interview is the norm (or at least it was in early 2005).
Old Oct 24th 2012, 4:03 am
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

I could really scare you and tell you that we had a Stokes interview. My OH and I were called back to the interview room separately and asked the questions. In fact, I think my post about that interview is in here somewhere...But apparently at my local office, a Stokes style interview is the norm (or at least it was in early 2005).
A Stokes interview is common in Kentucky... and it was true in 2001 also... when I adjusted status.

Ian
Old Oct 24th 2012, 4:05 am
Forum Regular

leadinglight is a name known to allleadinglight is a name known to allleadinglight is a name known to allleadinglight is a name known to allleadinglight is a name known to allleadinglight is a name known to allleadinglight is a name known to allleadinglight is a name known to allleadinglight is a name known to allleadinglight is a name known to allleadinglight is a name known to all

Well my email says "at the National Benefits Center" but I am assuming it will be in Chicago?

In that case does anyone have experience of Chicago?
Old Oct 24th 2012, 4:20 am

jeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond repute

Your e-mail says what will be "at the National Benefits Center"? You are giving us a quote out of context.
Originally Posted by leadinglight
Well my email says "at the National Benefits Center" ...
If you are to be interviewed, the interview will be conducted at a local District or Sub office.
... but I am assuming it will be in Chicago?
Many people do, yes
In that case does anyone have experience of Chicago?
Regards, JEff
Old Oct 24th 2012, 4:31 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by jeffreyhy
Your e-mail says what will be "at the National Benefits Center"? You are giving us a quote out of context.
:-) JEff(rey),

This is an interview thread and the answers below my post are about stoke interviews etc. So please go for the reach and assume that my email is about my interview at the national benefits center! Lol - I'll be sure to give full disclosure next time jsut in case.

Also, for the many with Chicago experiences, please could some of you share them?

Gracias, Danke, Merci and Thanks
Old Oct 24th 2012, 4:33 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

So please go for the reach and assume that my email is about my interview at the national benefits center!
There are no AOS interviews done at the National Benefits Center. The NBC produces the EAD and AP documents. All AOS interviews are done at a local USCIS office.

If you live in Chicago, your AOS interview will be at the USCIS office in Chicago. Does your interview letter list an address?

Rene
Old Oct 24th 2012, 4:34 am
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

So please go for the reach and assume that my email is about my interview at the national benefits center!
People don't get interviewed at the NBC!

Ian
Old Oct 24th 2012, 4:35 am
Forum Regular

The physical letter is currently at the mercy of USPS. The content of my post was based on the e-notification I received from USCIS. I know it's not ideal to do it that way but it gets the ball rolling and I feel that everyone who uses e-notifications thinks in similar ways in the period just before the envelope hits the door mat!

Originally Posted by Noorah101
There are no AOS interviews done at the National Benefits Center. The NBC produces the EAD and AP documents. All AOS interviews are done at a local USCIS office.

If you live in Chicago, your AOS interview will be at the USCIS office in Chicago. Does your interview letter list an address?

Rene
Old Oct 24th 2012, 4:37 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

The physical letter is currently at the mercy of USPS. The content of my post was based on the e-notification I received from USCIS. I know it's not ideal to do it that way but it gets the ball rolling and I feel that everyone who uses e-notifications thinks in similar ways in the period just before the envelope hits the door mat!
When the physical letter comes in, it will give you the exact address to appear for your AOS interview. It will not be at NBC.

Rene
Old Oct 24th 2012, 4:39 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by ian-mstm
People don't get interviewed at the NBC!

Ian
Ian and Noorah (and all readers)

I am sorry for requoting the National Benefits Center (NBC) in reference to my interview location, I was using it in context to JEff's post.

For clarity, I understand and accept there are no interviews at the NBC and the exact purpose of my request was whether it was safe to assume Chicago would be a potential location for me as I live in Chicago?

Thanks again
Old Oct 24th 2012, 4:50 am

For clarity, I understand and accept there are no interviews at the NBC and the exact purpose of my request was whether it was safe to assume Chicago would be a potential location for me as I live in Chicago?
Yes.

Rene
Old Oct 24th 2012, 4:54 am

So did you give us an accurate quote? Because, as I and others have written, interviews are not conducted at the NBC. Did this e-mail really say that the interview would be conducted at the NBC?

(I must admit, it wouldn't surprise me if the people who write e-mails for USCIS and the NBC are as incapable of writing what they really mean as the general population.)

Regards, JEff

This is an interview thread and the answers below my post are about stoke interviews etc. So please go for the reach and assume that my email is about my interview at the national benefits center! Lol - I'll be sure to give full disclosure next time jsut in case.
Old Oct 24th 2012, 5:04 am
Account Closed

... the exact purpose of my request was whether it was safe to assume Chicago would be a potential location for me as I live in Chicago?
Yes - a potential location!

Ian
Old Oct 24th 2012, 6:01 am
Forum Regular

"On October 23, 2012, we mailed you an appointment notice for an interview for November 26, 2012, at NATIONAL BENEFITS CENTER. Please follow the instructions on the notice. If you move while this case is pending, please use our Change of Address online tool to update your case with your new address or call our customer service center at 1-800-375-5283."

Originally Posted by jeffreyhy
So did you give us an accurate quote? Because, as I and others have written, interviews are not conducted at the NBC. Did this e-mail really say that the interview would be conducted at the NBC?

(I must admit, it wouldn't surprise me if the people who write e-mails for USCIS and the NBC are as incapable of writing what they really mean as the general population.)

Regards, JEff

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.