AOS Interview Tuesday - maybe?

AOS Interview Tuesday - maybe?

Old Jul 16th 2006, 12:39 am
nce
Forum Regular

nce is an unknown quantity at this point
Default AOS Interview Tuesday - maybe?

Hi all!

My husband and I have been frequenting this board for several years, and I pop in from time to time to ask random questions....

So here are 2 more:

1. In mid-May we received our interview notice in Orlando for 7/18. Got everything ready and then on 6/30 received a notice reminding us to bring proof of filing our 2005 taxes. (Which we have!) On 7/1 we received an email cancelling the appointment. We never received a cancellation notice in the mail and the online status has not been changed. Due to reading some of the other posts about missing AOS interviews that were "cancelled" and being denied due to failure to show up, we have decided to appear at our original appointment time on Tuesday. I would much rather be rejected at the door than be denied any day! What do you all think?

2. My husband has the opportunity to attend medical school in his home country (Germany) and we would really like to go. Will he have to return to the US from time to time to reset the "time away" from the US? If he doesn't ever plan to become a citizen, do we have to worry?

Thanks again for all the advice!

nce
Old Jul 16th 2006, 1:29 am
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: AOS Interview Tuesday - maybe?

Originally Posted by nce
What do you all think?
I think going to the interview is the right course of action - you lose nothing but your time.

If he doesn't ever plan to become a citizen, do we have to worry?
If he's not going to naturalize, it doesn't make a difference. If he plans to remain a PR however, it may have a tremendous difference. As I've said many times before, don't confuse the words "reside" and "visit"... they are neither synonymous nor interchangeable.

Ian