Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

AOS Interview tomorrow - HELP!

AOS Interview tomorrow - HELP!

Old Mar 21st 2001, 1:44 pm
Jules

Tomorrow is our AOS interview. One of the things we're taking is bank statements. How
many should we take? Just one, or a whole years worth? Also can we just take the
first page, which includes both names, or the whole 4 page statement? I'd rather just
take the front page, as I don't want to give them too much info about our purchases,
etc, as I don't think it's any of their business.

Old Mar 21st 2001, 1:58 pm
Nicole

We just had our AOS Interview today. We brought our most recent bank statement (joint
account, the officer only looked at the first page w/both our names) , our automobile
lease, apartment lease, copy of our 2000 tax returns, most recent utility bills,
photos, and a certified copy of our marriage certificate. This seemed to be
SUFFICIENT ENOUGH I'd like to give you some comfort in making that statement.
However, to my knowledge it really depends on what officer you meet with. Sad but
true. I've heard of some interviews being drastically different such as tons of
questions, spouses being interviewed separately, etc. We only had about 3 questions
asked and it was not video taped as was stated on the notification letter. So my
suggestion would be to play it safe and bring documentation in excess. You never
know..it is the INS after all.

Best of luck

Nicole

>
    >
    >
    >
    >

Old Mar 22nd 2001, 9:42 am
mike muncy

It is just a suggestion but umm why not take them all and pull them out as you need
them. I'm sure they can't take up much room, and if your privacy gets invaded for a
few moments wouldn't that be better then any delays ??

I am not a immigration attorney, but I did stay at a holiday inn last night .