Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

AOS interview today, no approval yet :-(

AOS interview today, no approval yet :-(

Old Aug 2nd 2005, 8:01 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: AOS interview today, no approval yet :-(

Originally Posted by query
First, i recieved an approval letter from INS. I went to immigration office, they stamped on my passport and they told me that you will be getting a card in mail, when i didnt recieve anything i went there again and they stamped on my passport again with "issued in error, FBI name check pending and I-551 valid upto ... this month".
Did they stamp the "issued in error" right over the first I-551 stamp? Or totally separate from it?

I agree with nettlebed, that the "valid up to..." is probably part of the original I-551 stamp.

Can you explain why your lawyer still thinks you have PR status, even though you still have FBI checks pending?

Rene
Old Aug 2nd 2005, 8:17 am
Forum Regular

query is just really nicequery is just really nicequery is just really nicequery is just really nicequery is just really nicequery is just really nicequery is just really nicequery is just really nicequery is just really nicequery is just really nicequery is just really nice

They re-stamp means new stamp on a different page of my passport with new date "valid upto ---2005" old stamp was just I-551 stamp no note with old stamp but with the new one on a different page on my passport says "I-551 stamp valid upto -- 2005"
Old Aug 2nd 2005, 8:20 am
Shocked of Redmond

nettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond repute

They re-stamp means new stamp on a different page of my passport with new date "valid upto ---2005" old stamp was just I-551 stamp no note with old stamp but with the new one on a different page on my passport says "I-551 stamp valid upto -- 2005"
But what about this "Issued in error stamp"? Where is that? Is it over one of the I-551 stamps? What are the "valid to" dates for each of the I-551 stamps?
Old Aug 2nd 2005, 8:23 am
Forum Regular

query is just really nicequery is just really nicequery is just really nicequery is just really nicequery is just really nicequery is just really nicequery is just really nicequery is just really nicequery is just really nicequery is just really nicequery is just really nice

it's on the same new page, old one was expired (it was on the different page) thats y they issued me the new one...again, on a new page of my passport " I-551 valid upto ----2005, name check pending, first one issued in error" first one means the one got expired....
Old Aug 2nd 2005, 8:31 am
Shocked of Redmond

nettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond repute

it's on the same new page, old one was expired (it was on the different page) thats y they issued me the new one...again, on a new page of my passport " I-551 valid upto ----2005, name check pending, first one issued in error" first one means the one got expired....
So, it sounds to me like the following:

1. "Old" I-551 was issued, and expired.
2. "New" I-551 was issued, and has not yet expired.
3. "Issued in error" was stamped, meaning that NEW I-551 is invalidated by this stamp.

Again, I would NOT assume that I had a valid I-551.
Old Aug 2nd 2005, 8:33 am
Forum Regular

Okay, even new one says valid upto ---2005 ? It says I-551 Permenant residence valid upto ---05".
Old Aug 2nd 2005, 8:38 am
Shocked of Redmond

Okay, even new one says valid upto ---2005 ? It says I-551 Permenant residence valid upto ---05".
I'm having a great deal of difficulty parsing your chaotic statements. Until you can clarify, I'm going to step back and not post any more.
Old Aug 2nd 2005, 8:40 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Well, I must say, I'm just thoroughly confused now.

My husband just got the I-551 stamp in his passport, also. It says valid until: and then in handwriting, she wrote a date 1 year from the date of the stamp. In other words, the stamp is good for one year.

So you are saying you've already had a I-551 stamp that was valid for one year, which is now expired? So you came in to get a new I-551 stamp, because your green card had not arrived yet? Then, after still not receiving the card, you went in yet again, and they stamped "issued in error" over the second I-551. So that must mean you are into your second year of waiting for your green card to arrive? Is that correct?

In my opinion, as long as you still have FBI checks pending, I would say you are NOT a PR yet. Perhaps the first I-551 was also issued in error, but you never went back to check on it for a year, until after it expired. Did you travel out of the country with that stamp in your passport (the first one)?

Can you explain why your attorney thinks that you DO have PR status right now?

Thanks,
Rene
Old Aug 2nd 2005, 8:44 am

You keep giving incomplete dates.

It might help if you give the full date of when things occurred. We don't know if you got that second stamp in January of 2005 which says valid up to some other date in 2005, or what? The I-551 stamps are typically good for one year. So if the expiration date is xxxxx 2005, that must mean you received the stamp in 2004. If that's your second one, the first one was received in 2003?

Can you just simply post each date as it happened, posting the full month and year?

Thanks!
Rene
Old Aug 2nd 2005, 8:45 am

Yes, the new stamp said "valid up to ----05" (which I'm sure has some kind of full date in there that you don't want to disclose for some odd reason).

HOWEVER!!!!! They placed a stamp OVER that one, saying "issued in error"! That means they made a mistake in giving you the stamp in the first place.

For all we know, the first stamp could have also been an error, you just didn't go in to ask about it!

Rene
Old Aug 2nd 2005, 8:46 am
Shocked of Redmond

Originally Posted by Noorah101
Well, I must say, I'm just thoroughly confused now.

So you are saying you've already had a I-551 stamp that was valid for one year, which is now expired? So you came in to get a new I-551 stamp, because your green card had not arrived yet? Then, after still not receiving the card, you went in yet again, and they stamped "issued in error" over the second I-551. So that must mean you are into your second year of waiting for your green card to arrive? Is that correct?
Rene

That's is what I was trying to establish with my 1. 2. 3. post, but it just seems very difficult for the poster to answer a straight question. Don't know what to do to help...
Old Aug 2nd 2005, 8:52 am

Originally Posted by nettlebed
Rene

That's is what I was trying to establish with my 1. 2. 3. post, but it just seems very difficult for the poster to answer a straight question. Don't know what to do to help...
I know You and I asked the same questions, I was just more annoyingly verbose about it. LOL

Rene
Old Aug 2nd 2005, 8:55 am
Forum Regular

They stamped the first one last year 2004, it was just a stamp without any note, i waited for an year and when i did not recieve anything, i went to INS. They re-stamped on my passort which is valid from that date (the date i was at INS) upto october i guess 30, 2005 so they gave me 6 more months and an officer told me during this 6 months if hear anything we will let you know.

Please note, they put a new stamp on my passport with a note "first one issued in error, I-551 valid until oct <dont remmeber the date now> 2005"
Old Aug 2nd 2005, 8:56 am
Shocked of Redmond

Originally Posted by Noorah101
I know You and I asked the same questions, I was just more annoyingly verbose about it. LOL

Rene
Nah, you're just more helpful and tolerant than me. Anyway, doesn't look like we're going to be able to help this guy out. I'm wondering whether it's just a troll, to be honest...
Old Aug 2nd 2005, 9:00 am
Shocked of Redmond

They stamped the first one last year 2004, it was just a stamp without any note, i waited for an year and when i did not recieve anything, i went to INS. They re-stamped on my passort which is valid from that date (the date i was at INS) upto october i guess 30, 2005 so they gave me 6 more months and an officer told me during this 6 months if hear anything we will let you know.

Please note, they put a new stamp on my passport with a note "first one issued in error, I-551 valid until oct <dont remmeber the date now> 2005"
This information is just so inconsistent. I'm afraid I don't believe a word. The story just keeps changing. Nice try, but no cigar, troll.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.