Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

AOS Interview Success! WOW!

AOS Interview Success! WOW!

Old Oct 13th 2005, 4:59 pm
Forum Regular

Myharris has a brilliant futureMyharris has a brilliant futureMyharris has a brilliant futureMyharris has a brilliant futureMyharris has a brilliant futureMyharris has a brilliant futureMyharris has a brilliant futureMyharris has a brilliant future
Smile AOS Interview Success! WOW!

Went in today at 10:15 was called, was called in the office at 10:31..
very simple... question asked was like:
How long you've been married?
How many times did you meet before marriage?
How did you meet?
Have you met your wife parents?
how many of you lived in your household?
Are you working?
whats your wife birth date, where was she born?
Then she asked to see some wedding photos and we showed her some recent ones with my wife family and I. she asked to see our drivers licence.
We didn't have alot of bills together in our name but she was fine with just the joint account, and credit cards, health insurance.
She photocopied some of our pictures and took my EAD, stamped my passport and said "You're Approved" make sure you don't move in the next two weeks cause your card is coming to that address, and since you've been married over two years i am giving you the ten years...
Good luck...
Old Oct 13th 2005, 5:05 pm
Forum Regular

ControlFreak has a brilliant futureControlFreak has a brilliant futureControlFreak has a brilliant futureControlFreak has a brilliant futureControlFreak has a brilliant futureControlFreak has a brilliant futureControlFreak has a brilliant future
Default Re: AOS Interview Success! WOW!

Yay!! Congratulations!!

CF
Old Oct 13th 2005, 5:20 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Hooray!!! Congratulations!

Rene
Old Oct 13th 2005, 6:13 pm
Forum Regular

Myharris has a brilliant futureMyharris has a brilliant futureMyharris has a brilliant futureMyharris has a brilliant futureMyharris has a brilliant futureMyharris has a brilliant futureMyharris has a brilliant futureMyharris has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Noorah101
Hooray!!! Congratulations!

Rene
I was never asked to see my vaccinations supplements, tax returns, or payslips for my wife is it normal?
Old Oct 13th 2005, 6:32 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Myharris
I was never asked to see my vaccinations supplements, tax returns, or payslips for my wife is it normal?
Each interview is different and get asked to show different things. In ours, we DID need to show 2004 tax returns, which the officer kept a copy of. I volunteered the vaccination supplement, although the officer said we didn't really need it (which was a surprise to me!). The officer did not ask for current payslips, either.

Rene
Old Oct 13th 2005, 7:23 pm

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

stamped my passport and said "You're Approved" make sure you don't move in the next two weeks cause your card is coming to that address, and since you've been married over two years i am giving you the ten years...
Good luck...
Congratulations on completing this leg of the journey!
Old Oct 13th 2005, 7:53 pm
THE Member

Seanus has much to be proud ofSeanus has much to be proud ofSeanus has much to be proud ofSeanus has much to be proud ofSeanus has much to be proud ofSeanus has much to be proud ofSeanus has much to be proud ofSeanus has much to be proud ofSeanus has much to be proud ofSeanus has much to be proud ofSeanus has much to be proud of

Maybe they didn't ask you for allot of that stuff cause they see you have already been married AND living together for more than two years, so your marriage is obvioulsy bone fide.

Congrats!
Old Oct 13th 2005, 9:10 pm
CA to TX to Jamaica

CaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Seanus
Maybe they didn't ask you for allot of that stuff cause they see you have already been married AND living together for more than two years, so your marriage is obvioulsy bone fide.

Congrats!
Same as the OP. Seems you really can't tell who will get asked what.
Old Oct 13th 2005, 10:22 pm
Forum Regular

eggysbrain is a glorious beacon of lighteggysbrain is a glorious beacon of lighteggysbrain is a glorious beacon of lighteggysbrain is a glorious beacon of lighteggysbrain is a glorious beacon of lighteggysbrain is a glorious beacon of lighteggysbrain is a glorious beacon of lighteggysbrain is a glorious beacon of lighteggysbrain is a glorious beacon of lighteggysbrain is a glorious beacon of lighteggysbrain is a glorious beacon of light

How did you meet?
Are you working?
Then she asked to see some wedding photos and we showed her some recent ones with my wife family and I. she asked to see our drivers licence.
We didn't have alot of bills together in our name but she was fine with just the joint account, and credit cards, health insurance.
She photocopied some of our pictures and took my EAD, stamped my passport and said "You're Approved" make sure you don't move in the next two weeks cause your card is coming to that address, and since you've been married over two years i am giving you the ten years...
Good luck...

congratulations! doesn't it feel great?
Old Oct 13th 2005, 10:24 pm
Forum Regular

bantik2005 has a spectacular aura aboutbantik2005 has a spectacular aura aboutbantik2005 has a spectacular aura about

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
time to celebrate
Old Oct 13th 2005, 10:51 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by bantik2005
CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
time to celebrate
After the end of my interview I was like Whoa?
Is that all?
All the worries, for a 5 minuteschat...?
Wasn't sure to hug the lady , or shake her hands..
We are getting shitfaced tonight.....
Old Oct 13th 2005, 11:45 pm
SUPER CRUNCHY BALCONY COW

Hypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond repute

How did you meet?
Are you working?
Good luck...
CONGRATS!!
Old Oct 14th 2005, 12:01 am
Forum Regular

jujubar has a spectacular aura aboutjujubar has a spectacular aura aboutjujubar has a spectacular aura about

Congratulations....
Old Oct 14th 2005, 1:19 am
Forum Regular

gloria is an unknown quantity at this point

Congratulations, thats great news
Old Oct 14th 2005, 3:16 am
Whimsical in the brainpan

Elenfair is a glorious beacon of lightElenfair is a glorious beacon of lightElenfair is a glorious beacon of lightElenfair is a glorious beacon of lightElenfair is a glorious beacon of lightElenfair is a glorious beacon of lightElenfair is a glorious beacon of lightElenfair is a glorious beacon of lightElenfair is a glorious beacon of lightElenfair is a glorious beacon of lightElenfair is a glorious beacon of light

Wonderful news!

Woo!

I hope ours goes as well as yours did! We have many months to wait still, though.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.