Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

AOS Interview Success: DC Office

AOS Interview Success: DC Office

Old Sep 20th 2005, 1:21 pm
Forum Regular

Mr. Z19 is a jewel in the roughMr. Z19 is a jewel in the roughMr. Z19 is a jewel in the roughMr. Z19 is a jewel in the roughMr. Z19 is a jewel in the rough
Default AOS Interview Success: DC Office

We had our AOS interview yesterday at the DC Office and got approved!!!! I got the I-551 stamp!!!! yay!!!!!!!!!!

The interview was exactly how we expected it to be. Pretty standard. The only thing that bothers me a little is that our second wedding anniversary is in 10 days, and the officer told us that he would have hold the approval for 10 days so that I could have gotten the 10 year un-conditional card, but since he is from the west coast and is at the DC office temporarily with a bunch of officers sent to help reduce the backlog, and he will be back in the west coast next week, he said that he'd approve us on the spot rather than leaving the case unapproved because it would have probably fell through the cracks after he's gone.
Old Sep 20th 2005, 1:26 pm
jingling

jcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: AOS Interview Success: DC Office

Originally Posted by Mr. Z19
We had our AOS interview yesterday at the DC Office and got approved!!!! I got the I-551 stamp!!!! yay!!!!!!!!!!

The interview was exactly how we expected it to be. Pretty standard. The only thing that bothers me a little is that our second wedding anniversary is in 10 days, and the officer told us that he would have hold the approval for 10 days so that I could have gotten the 10 year un-conditional card, but since he is from the west coast and is at the DC office temporarily with a bunch of officers sent to help reduce the backlog, and he will be back in the west coast next week, he said that he'd approve us on the spot rather than leaving the case unapproved because it would have probably fell through the cracks after he's gone.
WOOHOO!!! Congratulations Mr. Z! I'd been waiting to hear your story. Same thing happened to us at the DC (now Vienna) office, we had our interview just 2 weeks before our 2nd anniversary
Old Sep 20th 2005, 1:49 pm
Forum Regular

ramNagab has a brilliant futureramNagab has a brilliant futureramNagab has a brilliant futureramNagab has a brilliant futureramNagab has a brilliant futureramNagab has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by jcapulet
WOOHOO!!! Congratulations Mr. Z! I'd been waiting to hear your story. Same thing happened to us at the DC (now Vienna) office, we had our interview just 2 weeks before our 2nd anniversary

Congratulations
Old Sep 21st 2005, 4:08 am
Forum Regular

Myharris has a brilliant futureMyharris has a brilliant futureMyharris has a brilliant futureMyharris has a brilliant futureMyharris has a brilliant futureMyharris has a brilliant futureMyharris has a brilliant futureMyharris has a brilliant future

Counting my days...
mine was cancelled from the 1st of sept, 16days shy of my second anniversary, but luckily for me it's been reschedule for the 13th Oct.
Hope all goes well and I get the LPR, then just wait for the N400..
Its been a long journey,
Congratulations anyway!